Sign in to follow this  
downloaddude

No structure in Manual - come on

Obviously you don't allow the manuals to be modified in any way for the T7, although it was possible for the NGX. But you don't even have bookmarks in there - for documents with over a thousand pages. That means if I want to jump from one procedure to another e.g., I have to memorize the page-number!! That is quite frankly a real pain in the a....Your name is "Precision manuals..." I hope you will fix this asap.

Otherwise the aircraft is of course exceptional but for this price, I expect such details to also be right.

Best regards

Adrian

Cannot find out how to access bookmarks. Any help?

In Adobe Reader there are symbols on the left hand side with tooltips describing them.

In my freeware PDFXChange Viewer, bookmarks are in the view menu from the menu bar.

In mine  they are greyed out( my version is  2.5     201.0 )  the strange thing is  that I can book mark other   fcoms  eg  the ngx  but  not  the  t 7?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

In Adobe Reader there are symbols on the left hand side with tooltips describing them.

In my freeware PDFXChange Viewer, bookmarks are in the view menu from the menu bar.

All Bookmarks, comments and other options are disabled (grayed out) in both Adobe reader and Foxit reader, so there are no existing bookmarks and I cannot add a new one.

2up7243.jpg

EDIT: Tried with PDFXChange Viewer and bookmarks are blank and locked too.

10icx9s.jpg

I agree that it's pretty difficult to navigate the manual. And when you do find the right page, there's a giant "DRAFT" watermark over it. I appreciate that PMDG went to the trouble of jumping through God knows how many hoops to get these manuals but it's still disappointing that their accessibility has regressed compared to the NGX manuals. 

Are you talking about the author's bookmarks or rather about adding custom bookmarks?

In Adobe Reader XI, Version 11.0.4 (English Version) and PDFXChange Viewer Version 2.5 (build 211.0), English version, the author's bookmarks can be activated!

EDIT:

Sorry, folks, now I got it: Bookmarks only for PMDG docs (intro and tutorial), not for the Boeing docs (FCOM and stuff).

My bad, I didn't get it any earlier ...

Edited by olli4740

The inability to print sections that I want is irritating to no end. I basically can't read and fly at the same time or use as reference without risking a CTD flipping between FSX and Adobe.

But for $300 they'll come out of the printer....

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

I have to concur with the OP. Distributing a 1000+ manual with no ability to highlight/bookmark is just inane.

I will not provide specific instructions here, but there is an open source utility called qpdf (Google is your friend) which will remove the annotation/markup restrictions from a PDF. You will then be able to add your own sticky notes/highlights to the document which you can then navigate using the Annotations tab in Adobe Reader XI. They behave just like bookmarks.

No problems here. I simply put them on dropbox then exported them to ibooks on my iPad and now they are accessible while I am flying. Bookmarks included.

No problems here. I simply put them on dropbox then exported them to ibooks on my iPad and now they are accessible while I am flying. Bookmarks included.

Great idea! I wonder if my Kindle will do the same.