Sign in to follow this  
downloaddude

No structure in Manual - come on

Boeing will not allow us to make our own bookmarks in the manuals. (You'll notice that the Intro and Tutorial are bookmarked because those are our own creations) They have their own bookmarked versions that we'd have to pay a ton more to license. Every extra thing like this that we do raises the price of the product. It is not a small difference in cost between the two versions and I suspect most people would not like the increase compared to a little bit of extra convenience.

I use the search feature in Foxit myself - I've never had an issue finding what I'm looking for with it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi all,

Yeah lots of pages in those manuals!

If I had to make one observation regarding the manuals if would be this.

Whilst I appreciate that the idea of all PMDG's  products is to study the aircraft in great detail, a study sim I think the phrase is. There was one thing I wanted to read about in the manual one time, that I couldn't find because as I started searching through the manual I came across 50 or 60 pages all about how each of the various doors worked in detail. How to work the door handles and set the life rafts and slides in an emergency etc etc. Thing is while all these details are very interesting they are of absolutely no interest in operating the 777 as supplied by PMDG as these things aren't modeled as I wouldn't expect them to be!

So while we have the tutorial which is great, couldn't the manuals be divided into systems which the PMDG 777 models and another manual of things which aren't modeled but people might find interesting.

Just an observation about a great product.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Boeing will not allow us to make our own bookmarks in the manuals. (You'll notice that the Intro and Tutorial are bookmarked because those are our own creations) They have their own bookmarked versions that we'd have to pay a ton more to license. Every extra thing like this that we do raises the price of the product. It is not a small difference in cost between the two versions and I suspect most people would not like the increase compared to a little bit of extra convenience.

I use the search feature in Foxit myself - I've never had an issue finding what I'm looking for with it.

Thank you for the explanation. is it legal to add our own bookmarks? apparently some iPad apps can?

The fact that we have access to these manuals for $90 is good enough for me. Some people really have no idea about the real cost of aviation.

So to get the bookmarks I need to buy a tablet :rolleyes:

I am quite sure a 3rd party PDF application that is not adobe acrobat reader on your desktop will have the same functionality. I'll look into it.

So while we have the tutorial which is great, couldn't the manuals be divided into systems which the PMDG 777 models and another manual of things which aren't modeled but people might find interesting.

Just an observation about a great product.

+1 Dave. 

I appreciate having the entire set of manuals on the B777. It's interesting and I become a better sim pilot and hobbyist understanding all the aspects of the aircraft.

But to your point, I want to understand the aircraft as how it relates to MS FSX first. More than anything I hope we get a structured manual set in future products with a logical layout... the Boeing set is a mess with indexes and revision history and bulletins. 

And I really hope I never get a RTM answer when asking a question on the forum....  that will be hard to contain myself.

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

I'll be happy with a simple check list to go from start up to shut down. I have a lap top I use for reading the manual and it's a ###### trying to learn while you fly..

You have tutorial flight from start up to shut down and it's bookmarked properly. You have normal checklist in QRH and electronic version onboard.

I'll be happy with a simple check list to go from start up to shut down. I have a lap top I use for reading the manual and it's a ###### trying to learn while you fly..

Look up my checklist for the PMDG T7 uploaded here on Avsim.  It was created for that purpose.

Look up my checklist for the PMDG T7 uploaded here on Avsim.  It was created for that purpose.

I tried but no joy....did you mean the library or the forum because I tried both. Can you hook me up with a link

Never mind I found it...thanks!

+1 Dave. 

I appreciate having the entire set of manuals on the B777. It's interesting and I become a better sim pilot and hobbyist understanding all the aspects of the aircraft.

But to your point, I want to understand the aircraft as how it relates to MS FSX first. More than anything I hope we get a structured manual set in future products with a logical layout... the Boeing set is a mess with indexes and revision history and bulletins. 

And I really hope I never get a RTM answer when asking a question on the forum....  that will be hard to contain myself.

I feel the same. FCOM1 and FCOM2 are 1000+ pages with info that might be interesting but is not applicable to the 777 as modeled by PMDG. I have lost interest in reading it, sifting through all the revision history, bulletins and about equipment that are obviously not simulated in MS FSX and just figure out things as I carry on flying.

Reading all the posts with issues and question in this forum I think I am not the only one that has lost interest (and lazy) in studying the manuals.

A structured manual with info applicable only to the FSX modeled equipment would be most appreciated.

Johann van Rhyn

I feel the same. FCOM1 and FCOM2 are 1000+ pages with info that might be interesting but is not applicable to the 777 as modeled by PMDG. I have lost interest in reading it, sifting through all the revision history, bulletins and about equipment that are obviously not simulated in MS FSX and just figure out things as I carry on flying.

Reading all the posts with issues and question in this forum I think I am not the only one that has lost interest (and lazy) in studying the manuals.

A structured manual with info applicable only to the FSX modeled equipment would be most appreciated.

+1 

somebody also asked about Kindle. Just plug it in to the pc and drag n drop the pdf works fine although you may need to rotate it so the Kindle is on its side for larger print. Not the best way to read them though 

ZORAN

I have my flight manuals on one of my iPads and use the search function within GoodReader.

I have also created my own sections like thus (NGX - strictly non-distributal for my personal use only!!)

5alj.png