Sign in to follow this  
Stelios

Dual monitors headacke.

I have connected another monitor to use with FSX. I have made my main monitor (the one I was using so far the main display). In the display settings of win 7 , in the Multiple Displays settings I have  selected " Extend these display" Now on my main display I can see all the desktop items (as it was before) and in the second display I just see the windows logo. Now when I start FSX it does not shown on the main display but on the secondary display and the mouse pointer is shown in the secondary diplay. Why is that? what am I doing wrong? Because I want FSX to be shown on my main display and on the secondary display to show other views of FSX.

stelios

Stelios Christofides

Make sure your main display is marked as Display 1 in Windows.

Then disable the secondary monitor, start FSX and close it.

Last enable the secondary monitor and start FSX.

In addition to what Jim said, I think FSX remembers in which monitor it was when you close it, so it starts in the same place. In FSX Windowed mode, try moving the window to the right monitor, then close FSX and launch it up again.

I also am tweaking my multiple monitor setup, so let me know how it goes!

Hi all

Whilst not new to FSX I am new to forums and was wondering if anyone can help me, please?

Like Stelios I have set up 2 monitors and until recently they behaved as I wanted in FSX i.e. my main display (display 1) is where FSX opens and then all flying done there. I was using the second display for ATC and GPS. Now FSX opens up on display 1 but after selecting "Fly Now" the resultant flight opens on my second display.

I have tried Jim's idea without success. The only way I have found at the moment is before closing a flight is to come out of full screen and drag the Windowed view back to screen 1 as pty1973cm says. When FSX opens next time the flight starts in Windows mode on screen1 and then I select Full Screen and the flight stays on screen 1. Whilst this works it slows down the start of a flight.

I have just updated to Windows8.1 but this started happening before this update.

Any ideas/ suggestions welcome

:unsure:

The only way I have found at the moment is before closing a flight is to come out of full screen and drag the Windowed view back to screen 1 as pty1973cm says. When FSX opens next time the flight starts in Windows mode on screen1 and then I select Full Screen and the flight stays on screen 1. Whilst this works it slows down the start of a flight.

This is the only possible way to open and close fsx on the main monitor.  FSX will always start in Windows Mode and you have to hit Alt-Enter to go to Full Screen.  If you close FSX on a full screen (with two monitors), you will most likely get an FSX crash after you shutdown FSX.

You'll never ever get it to start up in Full Screen Mode. 

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim

Your comments about crashes when opening in Full Screen probably explain the odd crashes I have had on trying to start FSX.

The strange thing is that in the past I have always used Full Screen starting on screen 1 without issue. Thinking about it my problems only seem to have occurred after I had what I call one of my "I wonder what if..." moments when I went into windows mode and opened a PDF chart of my local airfield on screen 2. Serves me right maybe.

Anyway thanks again I will make going to Windows mode part of my close down procedure

Best Regards

Alan