Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

Slooooow texture loading...

Hi,

I'm a long time FS9 user but with my current setup somehow when changing views (left/right/outside) the textures load really slow, taking between 2 - 5 sec. Framerates are good.

I don't have a clue why. I have a pretty good system (i7-980X, 12GB RAM, GTX770 with 4GB and SSD's) and never experienced this before.

Recently I installed the GTX770, so it may be related to that, I dunno.

FS9.cfg

UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=30
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=120 (400 didn't solve the issue)

TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1
TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.900000
TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=9.900000
TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=8

Anyone can give some advice?

Egbert

TX-LOAD.jpg

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Hi Egbert, read the "A Huge FPS Increase" thread pinned at the top of this forum - it also improves texture loading time.

Hi,

Thanks for the hint but I'm using the Alpha channel utility for some time now.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Is it aircraft specific? In my case I've found this happens only with the FeelThere E135/145 and Ito's Pampa (an Argentinean trainer based on the Alpha Jet). I haven't been able to solve this.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Is it aircraft specific?

Yes/No, the bigger aircraft load slower then the smaller. But it also affects the scenery.

In the included picture (above) you see dark grey panels in the gate building. They should be red colored textures.

They were only loaded after 3 sec or so.

It puzzles me that my graphics card has more than sufficient memory (4 GB) but it doesn't keep the textures in memory.

During taxi for example, when looking again out of left windows, the textures are reloaded again.

(Maybe this is the way FS works (reloading from disk) but it is kinda strange)

Is this a G Card issue or a Processor issue? :unsure:  i have the same problem but have learned to live with it,the more i "pan" the longer all take to colour,at times my default,download aircraft suffer and sometimes not.  :wacko:

Which nvidia drivers are you using?   Using nvidia inspector?

I'm using the latest drivers.

When I swapped my 660Ti for the 770 I had to use newer drivers because the 770 wouldn't accept my 1 year old drivers.

So since then I decided to update them whenever a new driver version arrives

And I'm using Inspector for both AA & AS.

Is this a G Card issue or a Processor issue? :unsure:  i have the same problem but have learned to live with it,the more i "pan" the longer all take to colour,at times my default,download aircraft suffer and sometimes not.  :wacko:

I suspect it is a 770 issue because the framerates are good.

I did a clean driver install but maybe I should have reinstall my OS completely.

The 'problem' is that my issue is not a show stopper but only (a bit) annoying.

Reinstalling OS/FS would take ages so I'm hesitant/reluctant.

Have you changed any Inspector settings since the 770 upgrade?   Have you enabled TXAA or FXAA?

Also, try Bandwidth_Mult=400 & Terrain_Extended_Levels=4 or 1.

Lee Adams

JAFO