Sign in to follow this  
Bman2006

Looking for Hardware or Software for CDU + 777

Hey all~

I have really been enjoying the big birds since the T7 was released.  I would pick of a 737ngx flight every now and again but with the release of the T7 + PFPX, I seem to be flying the big tin equal to if not more than my typical GA flight.  I guess I am into the planning aspect more so now than ever and it's nice to have a plan come together.

Question:  I am in the market to accentuate my PFC hardware for a CDU.  What do you guys suggest?  My first thought is to get an app either for my KF or iPAD or go for a standalone CDU piece of hardware.  The issue I am running up against at the moment is finding something that will work both the NGX and the T7.

Is there anything out there that I am missing?

http://www.flyengravity.com/page/shop/7

http://www.vrinsight.com/public_html/index.php?module=Board&action=SiteBoard_1&iBrdNo=14&sMode=SELECT_FORM

VRInsight II (still not T7 ready as far as I can tell)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/virtual-cdu/id634731446?mt=8

http://www.ifms-fs.com/

That's all I have for now.. any other suggestions?

Benjamin

Benjamin Van Eps

Virtual CDU. Available for both Apple and Android tablets. It's in the Apple store and in Google Play. Version for the NGX is out now. The 777 one will be released once the SDK is out. For 20 bucks there is nothing that beats it .

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

A touch screen monitor beats it, lol, costs you nothing if you already have one, I still prefer my VRinsight CDU2 though.

Cheers, Andy.

As soon as the SDK + 777 compatible version is released I will likely be all over the android version.

Benjamin Van Eps

I opted for Virtual CDU.  I had to root my Kindle Fire to download it from Google Play but that was no problem.  I am impressed with the ease of use and convenience.  Well worth the $20 versus a separate piece of hardware.

..Now I just need the T7 update / version to come out.  Then I will be set.

Benjamin

Benjamin Van Eps

Hi All,

Please just be aware that iFMS is a very different product from Virtual CDU or the hardware FMC products in the links above.

Products like Virtual CDU provide you with a "portal" on your mobile device to program the FMC built into PMDG NGX or IFLY 737.

iFMS does not do this, iFMS is a nearly fully functional FMC and ND system with LNAV/VNAV functionality on its own, but when programming a route in iFMS for example it will not be copied into the FMC in PMDG NGX.

When flying aircraft like PMDG NGX or IFLY 737, even though you can use iFMS, it is probably better to just stick to the FMC system provided with the aircraft, as it was built specifically for those aircraft, and potentially program the FMC through Virtual CDU if that's what you want to do.

Where iFMS does become very useful however is flying it in combination with standard or add-on aircraft that don't have any (realistic) FMC/ND of their own in which case iFMS is capable of providing you with a very functional one along with LNAV/VNAV functionality which will control your aircraft to fly the programmed route.

There has been some confusion about this so I just wanted to make this clear.

If you have any further questions about this don't hesitate to contact me through the iFMS website.

Michael De Feyter

iFMS

www.ifms-fs.com

I opted for Virtual CDU
good choice. I am waiting now also for the T7 version

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Pigg the guys at Virtual Avionics who make virtual cdu  - their NGX CDU is flawless.  A campaign showing market potential might get them to make a 777 one.  

Colin Ware

They and every one else is waiting for PMDG to come out with their SDK. Well..........were waiting, while we're still young;)

I have the one for the NGX. Its a great product, and for the price, nothing comes close. Since the T7 came out, I haven't flown anything else.

I bought "AIRTRACK" for Ipad.

I guess it is similar to iFMS.

Quite nice for aircraft that dont have an FMC/PFD/ND.

And it does interact with your aircraft.

How much depends on how much data the app can acces (the more complicated the addon aircraft the less you can acces I think because parts of the addons software (PMDG) does not run inside FSX.

It also lets you change radio frequencies and transponder frequencies etc.

The only thing I really dont like about it is that they teamed up with Navigraph :-(

And Navigraph requires you to buy a new update every two months for this App (token system)!!

Thereafter your apps database expires and is erased!

Totally rediculous and I have not used the app anymore since :-(

Rob Robson