Sign in to follow this  
ApacheHunter

Red boxes around N1 values

How about advancing the throttles to 55% N1 and then engage toga, that way your physical throttle should not be full forward and won't cause this issue.

That said I'v heard some people who can't set a null zone like this and it instead puts a null zone in the mid-range, so pushing the throttle from idle to full, it passes an area around 50% where a large amount of movement results in no %N1 change. Which is bizzare and about as useful as a flyscreen on a submarine, ashtray on a motorbike etc.

I think if you set up "Null zone" in FS, it is globally setup for the stick, i.e. centered, but there is another option to make a "nullzone" at the ends. (I think so at least)

I think if you set up "Null zone" in FS, it is globally setup for the stick, i.e. centered, but there is another option to make a "nullzone" at the ends. (I think so at least)

I see axes for Aeleron/Elevator, Rudder and Throttle as 3 different sliders with their own sensitivity and null zone settings. I have my throttle set up with 100% (slider full right) sensitivity and about a 1/5th sized Null zone.

Hi all,

This is something I have experienced too.

In the Tutorial the recommended PMDG method is to bring the engines up to 55% then to hit the TOGA button and while your engines are in THR REF mode push your physical throttles all the way forward, which in my case did bring up the N1 limit exceeded red box warnings. I found once on, if you clicked "recall" you could extinguish the warning boxes until you hit "recall" next time when they would come back on. I believe in real life these stay on as a warning to  any other crew taking over the plane that the N1 limit has been exceeded and the aircraft hasn't been inspected.

The tutorial recommends leaving the physical throttles at max until you start the descent when the throttles go to "idle" mode and then you should return the physical throttles to idle too.

Physical throttles being the ones on your throttle quadrant/joystick etc.

Hope this helps.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

EEC should prevent you exceeding the red line. What's more likely is that you ran greater than max continuous thrust for more than 5 mins.

Where you in VNAV?

AFAIK the EEC should prevent you from exceeding max continuous thrust too.

How about advancing the throttles to 55% N1 and then engage toga, that way your physical throttle should not be full forward and won't cause this issue.

In my case that is exactly what I was doing. But if you leave the throttles at that position they may follow that input in HOLD. You have to set the throttles to max to avoid that (or switch off the throttle A/T override). I only got exceedances like this on one occasion though. On every takeoff since it's behaved perfectly.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Hi all,

This is something I have experienced too.

In the Tutorial the recommended PMDG method is to bring the engines up to 55% then to hit the TOGA button and while your engines are in THR REF mode push your physical throttles all the way forward, which in my case did bring up the N1 limit exceeded red box warnings. I found once on, if you clicked "recall" you could extinguish the warning boxes until you hit "recall" next time when they would come back on. I believe in real life these stay on as a warning to  any other crew taking over the plane that the N1 limit has been exceeded and the aircraft hasn't been inspected.

The tutorial recommends leaving the physical throttles at max until you start the descent when the throttles go to "idle" mode and then you should return the physical throttles to idle too.

Physical throttles being the ones on your throttle quadrant/joystick etc.

Hope this helps.

I thought I did that once, but I suspect I didn't get the clickspot right, and instead of the throttles getting the instruction to go into autothrottle+TOGA they got nothing except a hardware throttle signal to go all out 114%N1