Sign in to follow this  
Mazo

Posts from P3D website

Just saw these posts on Prepar3d.com concerning a start up screen and licensing by WBard from Lockheed Martin.

Startup screen WILL be in V2! http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=853.0

"Anyone can buy and train or learn with Prepar3D, or join the development network and use the free SDK to develop for Prepar3D."

Link: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=3199.0

If this thread starts to be hijacked by the "EULA Experts", I will ask Tom to lock it in a heartbeat!

Lyn

If this thread starts to be hijacked by the "EULA Experts", I will ask Tom to lock it in a heartbeat!

You won't have to ask.... :lol:

And those that do attempt it will be banned from the topic and their post removed.

<p>You appear to have missed the sentence before that where he says "<span style="background-color:rgb(246,246,246);color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">Lockheed Martin is not an entertainment company, we do not sell products, including Prepar3D for entertainment."</span></p>

<p> </p>

<p>Now this is a potential stumbling block for developers/publishers who do make products for entertainment purposes, especially those who also make parallel products for training purposes.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Just playing devil's advocate. I have P3D 1.4 and I'll almost certainly be getting P3D2.0 when it's released. We're never going to get LM to explicitly state that P3D can be used for entertainment purposes. However, reading between the lines they know there are lots of us out there who are using it just for that, and I don't think they're too bothered (and neither are MS). They're just covering their backside with regards to the terms under which they originally acquired the ESP source code from MS.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>The water regarding licensing is just as muddy as it ever was and we know what that means in terms of some developers/publishers not allowing their products to be used with P3D.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>It's a shame really because unless Laminar pull their finger out and start rapidly improving XP, P3D is all we've got going forward. I think FSX is just about hitting the wall now with what can be done, especially with regards to the VAS limit which is really going to hold back future development.</p>

You won't have to ask.... :lol:

And those that do attempt it will be banned from the topic and their post removed.

Tom,

Thank you very much!

Lyn

Woohoo they replied to my post there.   This is all I needed to make it clear. In addition to the above...

We are a simulation and training company, we license Prepar3D for training and simulation

Im licensed for simulation.  Makes so much sense but glad to hear/see it from the horses mouth. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Just saw these posts on Prepar3d.com concerning a start up screen and licensing by WBard from Lockheed Martin.

Startup screen WILL be in V2! http://www.prepar3d....ewtopic&t=853.0

"Anyone can buy and train or learn with Prepar3D, or join the development network and use the free SDK to develop for Prepar3D."

Link: http://www.prepar3d....wtopic&t=3199.0

Lyn

Well that's about as clear as it gets and should end any further debate!

I am going to hope on this as soon as it is released.

As should "ANYONE" else who is so inclined to do so!!!!

I know, I watched the other thread in disbelief. Amazing what humans can do when the mind is used for speculation and assumption.

Bob

Woohoo they replied to my post there. This is all I needed to make it clear. In addition to the above...

Im licensed for simulation. Makes so much sense but glad to hear/see it from the horses mouth.

Yeah licensed for simulation sounds good!

Great to see that the startup screen is now confirmed to be in the initial release of V2. If you guys have any suggestions go over to their requests forum and there's an open thread on it.

It's cool that they are now just coming out and saying it can be used for simulation and not just training and that anyone can buy it. Glad they cleared the air on that and hopefully now discussion can focus on what's to come in the actual product.

Licensed for Simulation. That is the term of the year.

(Thanks for the moderating, Its greatly appreciated)

All things will come to pass. This simulator will be released and universally adopted by Flight Simulation enthusiast and words and interpretation will not stand in the way of people doing business. Never has never will :biggrin:

All things will come to pass. This simulator will be released and universally adopted by Flight Simulation enthusiast and words and interpretation will not stand in the way of people doing business. Never has never will :biggrin:

That is, if this simulator indeed delivers better visuals and increased performance, mark my words, everyone WILL migrate to P3dv2. I don't know anyone who wouldn't. Well, if PMDG decide something with LM, I guarantee you  :)

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Licensed for Simulation. That is the term of the year.

(Thanks for the moderating, Its greatly appreciated)

Here is another statement from WBard:

Lockheed Martin is not an entertainment company, we do not sell entertainment products. Prepar3D is licensed for training, simulation and learning, anyone can buy it, heck if you're a student you can even get an academic discount icon_smile.gif being a simulation and training company Lockheed Martin will always continue to license Prepar3D for simulation, training and learning and we are excited about all the different ways people and companies use Prepar3D to train and continue learning.

Software Manager - Prepar3D® Team

Link: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=2971.2

Pretty clear to me that LM is even considering part of their business as "simulation", both in who P3D is licensed for and how they view their company, as stated in the above quote.

Yeah licensed for simulation sounds good!

It will be interesting to see if the product expands into other simulation markets, I could see underwater/nautical expansions for it if the market was there.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

I think you missunderstand what they mean by simulation, they do supply full simulation package of the aircraft they make. An example would be the F-35 as they provide a simulation package as well for training needs of pilots for both flight and combat.

-Paul-