Sign in to follow this  
Mazo

Posts from P3D website

I think you missunderstand what they mean by simulation, they do supply full simulation package of the aircraft they make. An example would be the F-35 as they provide a simulation package as well for training needs of pilots for both flight and combat.

I don't think I misunderstood the between the lines message. Their language has for P3D recently changed to clearly highlight "simulation and learning" and "anybody can buy it". This may be as far as they take the clarification but I'm OK with that. I will be purchasing V2.0 as soon as it is available for download!

As for the F-35 simulation, I don't think I could afford that one!! It would be blast to try it, wouldn't it? WOW!

I don't think I misunderstood the between the lines message. Their language has for P3D recently changed to clearly highlight "simulation and learning" and "anybody can buy it". This may be as far as they take the clarification but I'm OK with that. I will be purchasing V2.0 as soon as it is available for download!

As for the F-35 simulation, I don't think I could afford that one!! It would be blast to try it, wouldn't it? WOW!

I seen some vids of one in action ages ago and it did look sweet but i dont think they was using p3d on it ( they might of been but it didnt look like it to me ).

I could be wrong with what i posted but when they said simulation i would guess they meant like a commercial simulation package for pilots to train on, you know full cockpit and hi level of realism on a motion platform. As the techology is still getting cheaper we are seeing more and more full motion simulators based on single and twin engine GA aircraft and they all need software as its cheaper to use whats on the market already than create a brand new sim package including the planet earth.

-Paul-

Anyone can buy and train or learn with Prepar3D, or join the development network and use the free SDK to develop for Prepar3D. 

Prepar3D is licensed for training, simulation and learning, anyone can buy it, heck if you're a student you can even get an academic discount

Both are responses by P3D developers to FSX users asking if they can use the software in a non-commercial setting. That's enough for me.

Can't wait until the beta is over and we hopefully start seeing some released material. Take it for what it's worth, but a poster on another forum says he's in contact with a beta tester who says the performance improvements are massive.

In a niche as small as flight simulation, it's great to have something to look forward too. Even if it doesn't deliver miracles, it's still a step forward.

I wouldn't get too excited about what Bard said until that language makes it into their EULA. Even then I'm not sure it will be enough to sway PMDG to change their position.

I wouldn't get too excited about what Bard said until that language makes it into their EULA. Even then I'm not sure it will be enough to sway PMDG to change their position.

Although Im an owner of PMDG software, If they don't, its their loss. They can put all the eggs in the xplane basket if they wish. With Xplane and P3D constantly developing it will only be a matter of time that FSX, like FS9 will not be a viable platform to develop for.

Quote from Rob Randazzo of PMDG

"The decision to limit the EULA on PMDG’s products to prevent their use in Prepar3d has everything to do with our contract with Boeing, our insurance carrier and our business model. In the context of the first two items, the decision involves the process of limiting PMDG’s liability in the face of legal action related to an accident outcome, or a violation of our contracts with the described parties who support the development of our products."

Their contract with Boeing is listed first and may be the biggest issue.

Here is the link for the above quote: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/384876-pmdg-releases-statement-regarding-eulas-for-p3d/

He gives other reasons also for their decision so to be fair, you can read the entire post.

My personal thoughts are that PMDG has every right to determine what is best for their business. Only they know the full contractual obligations that they may have with Boeing or any other developers and it really is none of my concern. I wish them a successful business as they certainly produce an excellent product from all the glowing reviews I have read. (I don't fly airliners so I do not have any of their products)

I have no issue with pmdg. None of us know the details of their relationship with Boeing. They make excellent products. And I respect their decision. If I have to choose between P3D or pmdg I will choose P3d. Although I am hoping that someday market conditions or contractual agreements might allow the two to operate legally and fully supported. But I'm a realist and am not optimistic that will happen.

Im a huge supporter of PMDG products. Have nearly everyone of their products, so respect their decisions, and business relationships and contracts. However I fail to see a strictly simulation product can have liability with anyone if you have the proper language in place. Simply put, the product is for simulation, and enjoyment and is not a license for training commercially. It is not to be used in real world. Anything beyond that, PMDG and Boeing are simply not liable. There is disclaimers for products everywhere for this reason that someone abuses. Im not lawyer and dont claim to know legal issues but seems clear to me there is a line between simulation and using it for training. 

Ifly doesnt have the relationships with Boeing obviously but they have similar wording in regards to P3D. 

And what happens if P3D becomes majority mainstream. Seems to be a choice between XPX and P3D and so far I dont see many 3PDs supporting XPX but rather are going with P3D. Then the business model has to change because the market changed.  These are all IFs but they would have to be considered in light of possible future simulation platforms. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

tbh maybe this thread should be locked as it seems to be going the same way as other p3d v2 threads, all about pmdg's eula and it would be nice to see it left out of current p3d v2 threads as everyone already knows pmdg's stance on the matter and should it ever change im sure they will tell us.

gets to be bit of a broken record after a while imo.

-Paul-

Yeah, no reason to rehash the PMDG stuff.

It's all been done. What happens with them, happens.

The OPs point was to share what the developers said and I think it was important to post.

Personally I hope it is FSX that  fully untilises modern hardware and is install and fly!.

I hope my Orbx scenery works and I can buy a P3D license for REX

and my A2A C172 works. My core interest in FSX is the NGX.

I really want to complete the Angle of Attack training on this Aircraft

and it is going to take me some time despite being at it on and off for a year.

I have not bought the PMDG 777 just yet and now I doubt that I will.

I have 3 SDD's on my new Haswell system. One for OS, one for FSX and the last

for XPX. I had ultimately anticipated that P3D V2 would replace FSX

but now that I have just started to engage XPX and I am not happy with

the whole TrackIR situation with that Sim I expect that I will have FSX and P3D V2

on the system. I won't be buying anymore FSX addons!!!! I will only be buying addons that are

P3D v2 Compatible. I don't expect them to be native just compatible with a patch

and I don't expect a free patch. I would be willing to pay 10% of the original purchase

price for the new license and patch. I am of course assuming that P3D V2 will be backwards compatible

to some extent.

I would really like to see realistic thermals, Ridge lift, lift at a convergence, wave. i.e. a realistic soaring environment.

I must go over to there web-site and say so. :lol:

What I read was: " It is very simple" and  "Anyone can buy and train or learn with Prepar3D".

Enough of the BS please

I don't care about the EULA nonsense because I am a pilot and I use FSX for Training.

My advise in this regard to non pilots is to go buy yourself and copy of "From the Ground Up"

and add the FAR's or CAR's URL to your favorites and get yourself a copy P3D V2 and teach yourself how to fly following real World Procedures and obey the Aviation laws in sim jurisdiction. hen you doing crazy video game stuff flying inverted 5 feet off the dirty make sure nobody is watching you just like in real life. :lol:

I want to give out a Thank You to all the responders to this thread. Whenever Prepar3d comes up as a topic, it can quickly deteriorate and get locked. My impression is that this is a thread that is giving members a chance to give some very thoughtful and insightful information for all of us to think about. This is an example of how I feel topics should be discussed - openly, honestly and with varying opinions that just add to the richness of this hobby!

Tom and moderators - Thanks for all that you do for the hobby! This is truly a great forum and I appreciate your efforts very much!

OK, now let's get back to continuing this great civil thread.

Lyn

Tom and moderators - Thanks for all that you do for the hobby! This is truly a great forum and I appreciate your efforts very much!

It's great to get a compliment and positive feedback once in awhile. We do thank you for that, and you are most certainly welcome.