Sign in to follow this  
Mazo

Posts from P3D website

What exactly is a startup screen that everybody wants?

Similar to FSX or SimLauncher.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

What exactly is a startup screen that everybody wants?

The main menu like FSX

I was hoping that Lockheed Martin would have had an opportunity to adjust the legal language a bit to make it more "inclusive" of other uses in much the same way I was hopeful that MS Flight would be a proper, full fledged flight simulator like it's predecessors...  I knew it wasn't going to happen, but I was hoping anyway.  Alas, with that question now answered...

I'm not banging down the door to get P3Dv2, but I am interested. Perhaps that muted interest is representative of what I've learned from the MS Flight and X-Plane 10 disappointments. P3Dv1 suited me well for quite a while, but I recently punted back to FSX with the thought of eventually purchasing the PMDG 777. Since that hasn't happened yet and I see no changes in the Congressional Committee on Household Frivolous Purchases to release the funds, there might be room to return to P3D for my learning experiences later this year should v2 roll out the door.

We'll see what the future holds.

I was hoping that Lockheed Martin would have had an opportunity to adjust the legal language a bit to make it more "inclusive" of other uses in much the same way I was hopeful that MS Flight would be a proper, full fledged flight simulator like it's predecessors...  I knew it wasn't going to happen, but I was hoping anyway.  Alas, with that question now answered...

I'm not banging down the door to get P3Dv2, but I am interested. Perhaps that muted interest is representative of what I've learned from the MS Flight and X-Plane 10 disappointments. P3Dv1 suited me well for quite a while, but I recently punted back to FSX with the thought of eventually purchasing the PMDG 777. Since that hasn't happened yet and I see no changes in the Congressional Committee on Household Frivolous Purchases to release the funds, there might be room to return to P3D for my learning experiences later this year should v2 roll out the door.

We'll see what the future holds.

It's a good time to just hold off an see what happens IMO as far as purchases go.

I wouldn't purchase any addons that aren't P3D compatible just in case. It's only a little over a month until the beta is scheduled to end so we'll likely be hearing more soon to give us a better picture.

If it then doesn't pan out, go for the 777. I'm sure it's a great plane.

Oh ok I was thinking of this thing:

Posted Image

Lol

No fatal errors in prepar3d lol

It has one of those screens already

Another post from WBard in their forum:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=3204

It is stated that 2.0 will make massive use of the capabilities of modern GPU and even of future GPU but will not support SLI from the start (but maybe later).

So many of us will have to get better (modern) GPUs since that was until now not the most important part of our rigs…

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

So many of us will have to get better (modern) GPUs since that was until now not the most important part of our rigs…

I already have a GTX780 :biggrin:

I have been reading and I am getting pumped about this. What is about to happen is the biggest thing in FS since the release of FSX. It is going to be released on November 1st if not before! (Before could be Tomorrow)..... This is going to spell the end of FSX in very short order. The Atmosphere on this and every other FS forum is going to become a lot less hostile. No more grumbling!.

I know I will get shoot down for saying so but I am not going to bother with the I told you so in a few months. I predict that I will be flying my NGX over ORBX scenery, Under a REX Sky in P3D V2 with all sliders Right on my 5GHZ i7 4770K and GTX780 and 2400mhz 9-11-11-32 DRAM at 60+ FPS in absolutely shocking whether on approach to 13 at KLGA over the new  DRZEWIECKI ManhattanX

In Business Common Sense ALWAYS prevails!

I think the Flight Sim Community has been in a funk for a very long time and now cannot see the wood for the tree's!

Yes I'm excited too...looking forward to it.

What is about to happen is the biggest thing in FS since the release of FSX.

I agree.

Odd? I just had one with P3D 1.4..

Lol I know I had one too recently. I was just kidding.

Oh ok I was thinking of this thing:

mgzTK.png

Lol

Excactly the reason why I switched to P3D. :lol:

I have been reading and I am getting pumped about this. What is about to happen is the biggest thing in FS since the release of FSX. It is going to be released on November 1st if not before! (Before could be Tomorrow)..... This is going to spell the end of FSX in very short order. The Atmosphere on this and every other FS forum is going to become a lot less hostile. No more grumbling!.

I know I will get shoot down for saying so but I am not going to bother with the I told you so in a few months. I predict that I will be flying my NGX over ORBX scenery, Under a REX Sky in P3D V2 with all sliders Right on my 5GHZ i7 4770K and GTX780 and 2400mhz 9-11-11-32 DRAM at 60+ FPS in absolutely shocking whether on approach to 13 at KLGA over the new  DRZEWIECKI ManhattanX

In Business Common Sense ALWAYS prevails!

I think the Flight Sim Community has been in a funk for a very long time and now cannot see the wood for the tree's!

Sorry but I doubt this!

As it was stated in the post that I linked above the will stretch the limits of today’s hardware: So there we are again with a software that substantially improves the immersion but we will (most likely) not be able to max everything out and have a smooth simulation from the beginning.

And I think that is smart!

For example: LM states that SLI is not part of the starting package but will come later to V2.0. So there needs to be some room for improvement if you use two GTX 780 in SLI over a single GTX 6XX (for example). And I assume that the same will apply for GPU development.

But we will see! Exciting times for our hobby!

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times