Sign in to follow this  
Mazo

Posts from P3D website

Arwen,

I am not disagreeing with what you are saying, but you still have not answered my question, since you defined entertainment/game and simulator/training as two different things (as LM does too) in your own opinion how can LM enforce their license to make sure they will not be used as entertainment/game?

I can answer this, you email them for your answer as no one here is qualified to answer that question. If you choose not to email LM then you need to stop talking about the subject as it does more harm than good imo.

No one can answer question on behalf of Lockheed Martin unless they work for them and have permission to provide answers so we really need to stop asking the same old questions to other forums members that cant answer them.

-Paul-

I can answer this, you email them for your answer as no one here is qualified to answer that question. If you choose not to email LM then you need to stop talking about the subject as it does more harm than good imo.

No one can answer question on behalf of Lockheed Martin unless they work for them and have permission to provide answers so we really need to stop asking the same old questions to other forums members that cant answer them.

Hummm....there is plenty of speculation about P3D that I was under the impression that a question like that was legitimate and deserved to be pointed out, I may take you on the suggestion about e-mailing LM though.

What would be nice is to have a court ruling about unequivocally interpreting the P3D EULA on a certain context (before a mess happens by optimistic or pessimistic assumptions about what the language means). 

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

in your own opinion how can LM enforce their license to make sure they will not be used as entertainment/game?

I can be entertained by a flight simulator and not be worried about LM knocking on my door with a warrant--entertainment is not an issue. And nobody on these forums is going to use it as a game, we are flight sim enthusiasts not gamers. So whatever LM does or does not do to enforce the no gaming provisions of the license has no bearing on this conversation or on us. The licensing issue is dead. 

Its quite simple. You keep it as a very in depth realistic and somewhat complicated to go and just fly. Everything done procedural

Game - jump in a candy like cockpit press a button engine starts and you fly. Shoot the balloons and fly through squares All for points. Wow

Simulation - load aircraft bearing in mind CoG and fuel, have flightplan, checklists, VFR IFR , APU, FMC, TAT, etc etc with consequences and weather considerations and traffic patterns/flows , charts, ATC.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png