Sign in to follow this  
Luis_KMIA

My virtual EFB contents for my PMDG products

Just wanted to share how I'm making my Surface Pro tablet into my EFB when I fly my NGX and T7:

- Airport and enroute charts from Navigraph Cloud

- Printouts on OneNote for PFPX and Active Sky 2012 results

- Pulling up TOPCAT for NGX

- Pulling up QRHs for the NGX and the T7

- Pulling up flightaware.com

Cheers!

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Here's mine:

iPad 3

JeppTC for Charts

AeroWeather for WX

Adobe Reader with my OFP from PFPX + SIGWX charts

ForeFlight for VFR flying in the US (I use it in the RW primarily)

Only things I need open on my PC are FSX, AS2012 and then SB4/VatSpy if I'm online.

Here's mine:

iPad 3

JeppTC for Charts

AeroWeather for WX

Only things I need open on my PC are FSX, AS2012 and then SB4/VatSpy if I'm online.

This may be a stupid question Luke - it is late - but how do you get your OFP onto the iPad with adobe reader? I guess what I'm asking is how do you send it from the computer to the iPad app?

This may be a stupid question Luke - it is late - but how do you get your OFP onto the iPad with adobe reader? I guess what I'm asking is how do you send it from the computer to the iPad app?

Haha no that's not a silly question.

You need a PDF Printer driver - I use DoPDF (free) and works perfectly. You print the OFP to that, then I upload the PDF to DropBox on my PC. Following that I open up the Dropbox app on my iPad and open in the Adobe Reader app on iPad. That app works perfectly - you can highlight text, annotate things, add signature, free text etc. I suppose you can email it to yourself too (-:

I simply use aiflasoft's EFB on a 12" touchscreen connected to my computer as 3rd monitor.

If I need it I can also pull any other programm such as PFPX on it.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

Man!  That's what you use 'em for???

I had no idea!

Haha. I actually laughed out loud. While I was on the phone with a prospective client. Always fun...

Haha. I actually laughed out loud. While I was on the phone with a prospective client. Always fun...

haha - I did the same thing while on a call with my boss the other day because my friend posted this:

freedom+is+temporarily+closed_dba108_481

Kyle Rodgers

Just wanted to share how I'm making my Surface Pro tablet into my EFB when I fly my NGX and T7:

- Airport and enroute charts from Navigraph Cloud

- Printouts on OneNote for PFPX and Active Sky 2012 results

- Pulling up TOPCAT for NGX

- Pulling up QRHs for the NGX and the T7

- Pulling up flightaware.com

Cheers!

I do the same thing, but have taken it one step further with Aiflasoft's EFB.

With the live ground charts etc, it's epic! The surface pro is seriously one of the best companions for FSX ever! :)

Here's mine:

iPad 3

JeppTC for Charts

AeroWeather for WX

Do they sell JeppTC subscriptions to personal users? If yes, how much?

Thanks,

Zicheng Cai

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=jepp+tc+cost

(About $900 for the US alone)

I saw that the TC is just a bi-product of the Jeppview. To get a worldwide coverage subscription that's $12000 (not sure about time).

That's why there's a market for Navigraph cloud charts...

Zicheng Cai

I do the same thing, but have taken it one step further with Aiflasoft's EFB.

With the live ground charts etc, it's epic! The surface pro is seriously one of the best companions for FSX ever! :)

And Delta signed up for them this week for real world ops.  I'll have to check out Aiflasoft.  Thanks for the info.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

I'll have to check out Aiflasoft

You'll have a hard time, because it's Aivlasoft. :)