Sign in to follow this  
DAL1850

In Search of the Legendary KingAir C90B Tutorial...

I ended up punting on the C90 and rolled it out of my hangar (and back into Flight 1's). The new Duke 2.0 is MUCH more in line with what I was looking for in a < 200 KIAS twin - so that will fill my "steam-powered" GA VFR twin obsession nicely (but also has the Garmin 530 WAAS capability). The Duke is also insanely fun to fly. There's just a lot more detail there for what you pay (I can't get over the cabin vibration and the dancing gauge needles). Carenado isn't a bad aircraft, but seems a bit over-priced for what it is compared to other offerings out there and is severely lacking in options and documentation; too many "placebo" switches for my taste too (I'd rather have fewer switches which do something, than too many that do nothing).

I'm evaluating the F1 KingAir to fill the automated IFR medium-range twin spot in my fleet. It's clear there's very little on this plane with placebo anything (though I do wish the cabin shades worked though, haha).

I was going to suggest the Duke. In my mind, I have seen very few, if any, that compare to it. I absolutely love the thing.