Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

If your system can pull it off...Bloom, Flare,Shade together is the knock-out punch!

I'm not sure if it does it on normal autogen houses but I saw it while looking at the buildings at the Las Vegas Strip during dawn.  I'm sure it should do it on the houses as well because they seem to reflect the same.

I did a flight earlier and saw the same effect on AI airplanes.  I'm using UT2.  And I just remembered, a flight from last week...  When I was getting ready to enter the runway for takeoff, the white markings on the runway were glowing very nicely.  I think it was most likely around noon.

I wonder what other surprises I will run into in the future.  The level of realism and immersion has definitely gone way up for me.

I'm not sure if it does it on normal autogen houses but I saw it while looking at the buildings at the Las Vegas Strip during dawn.  I'm sure it should do it on the houses as well because they seem to reflect the same.

I did a flight earlier and saw the same effect on AI airplanes.  I'm using UT2.  And I just remembered, a flight from last week...  When I was getting ready to enter the runway for takeoff, the white markings on the runway were glowing very nicely.  I think it was most likely around noon.

I wonder what other surprises I will run into in the future.  The level of realism and immersion has definitely gone way up for me.

Cool!  I will def look out for that effect.  What happened to me yesterday morn as a bright sun rose above the horizon as I was heading northbound, was exactly that real-life effect of, as you say, very bright, well lit surfaces directly in the sunlight's path, and the other directional facing walls, less so. I don't think you get that without Bloom enabled. I also notice that hazy, 'live' feeling that you sort of feel the 'zap'in the air.  It was really cool.... So...I guess that Opus and Bloom are a good working combo as well.  Yes, the level of realism has gotten crank up a notch or three....

P.S.  I am able now to run Bloom and everything else at 27-30 FPS with no further CTD's and OOM's in DX9, so have decided to stay there until something negative changes, or comes up. It has been three days since discovering this, so I think whatever is allowing me to do this...is quite stable.  I'd run back to DX10 in a heartbeat, just to have the horsepower to run FSX, with all options turned on and at their highest setting.  So, Steve's DX10 Fixer program is also a 'must have' in my books. Yessir, things are being released that has put truly new life into the old girl....   Hey...if P3D comes out with a 'improved' version of FSX as we have it now...then I already know that I will be picking it up....just natural progression. But so far....it's whisper-ware. Since three days ago...I'm quite happy with what I have as it presently is.  I do have to state though, that the one thing even in going back as far as three years, that has made me feel I got the 'next' version of FSX, or FS 11, was Orbx's FSX Global.  Some don't  need apparently what FSX Global brings to the sim, but it was a major requirement for me, The only actual 'complaint' I have with XPX.x is that their global autogen is so '90's'.  Everything else is top notch.  If XPX.30 comes out with a totally revamped FSX Global'esqe autogen...then the XP franchise is going to explode with new adopters, lock, stock, and barrel.  Visuals...are important not only to myself, but to hundreds and/or thousands of others, to maintain a good real-life parallel 'total' experience. What is happening OUTSIDE the cockpit, for myself, is as important as what is happening inside....

I just realized also.  I enabled DX10 "sun and effects" in REX.  I don't know exactly what kind of effects this adds.

I saw your other thread on DX9 which is very interesting.  I'm going to check my fps next time I run in DX9 mode.  I still can't believe DX9 bloom is not effecting your fps.  Something has gone terrible right with your FSX in DX9 :lol: .

I've thought about trying XPX many times but at the moment it's just not for me.  Only one season, no default airport buildings and ATC is not very good.  I'll have to wait until a version comes out that meets my minimum requirements.

I haven't tried FTXG.  I'm currently running GEX and I'm very happy with it.  I already have quite a bit of money invested in GEX regions, so I will stay with it for now.  I may look into FTXG when they get the problems sorted out (like green deserts).

This thread deserves a myriad of pics....bloom in dx9 is pretty damn impressive.

ktU.jpg

q4xLQ.jpg

G9Uk.jpg

uhFDV.jpg

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Wow Marc!  Those are excellent shots.  Are you also getting the same results as Mitch with bloom in DX9.  Mitch's bloom somehow stopped affecting his fps in DX9.

Yes...and....no. In those shots I was maintaining 30-40 fps in the air but as soon as I landed at KEUG, frames drop into the 20's for some reason. With bloom off i maintain 40 locked on the ground.

It really depends on the area too.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I just wish bloom in dx10 looked this fancy.

I love how the sun reflection moves across the dash and around the canopy.

r1u3f.jpg

H5yK1.jpg

Wait, why bloom in DX10 can't look like this? Doesn't DX10 use the same fx and texture file for bloom?

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Oh my.  I had no idea bloom in DX9 can look like that.  I do remember the glow in the cockpit but that sun looks awesome.

I can recall that in the above screenshots is REX bloom effect?

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

That was all taken in dx9. All I know is that even with the dx10 fixer, I could not get the REX bloom effects to do squat. Plus VASI lights look like a blob, and so did the sun. I tried everything.

If anyone can post pics of dx10 bloom with the above effects, we need to have a chat...

Of course...i even adjusted the sliders every which way. There is definitely an effect going on, it just doesn't look nice like those shots.

Oh wait...and as far as the sun...I'm using VC Sun Glare tweak from the Moqwai Shade forum. It adds more glare when facing the sun. Easy to find.