Sign in to follow this  
mhlarsen

LINDA and FSUIPC axis assignment?

I have tried searching this forum, looking through LINDA and FSUIPC documents, but I have not found anything yet.

To give a specific example:

For a payware aircraft I have created a LINDA module.

Among the many commands are a Shut/Full command for each fuel lever.

Now I want to assign these commands for two levers on my Saitek Quadrant using FSUIPC axis assigment with button control.

In the setup I can see there are many options to call LINDA like 'lua linda' with a parameter, but I have no idea what this parameter should be?

Is it at all possible to relate axis assigment button control in FSUIPC directly to created LINDA commands?

Which aircraft? I may be able to help. I use two of my levers as the fuel controls on the PMDG NGX and 777, but I do it directly in FSUIPC via key commands in the Axis Assignment tab. So when the lever is in the top half of travel it sends one key combination and when in the bottom half another key command, there is no reason why you could not fire an L:Var, FS Control or a Mouse macro instead. There are examples in the FSUIPC Advanced manual I think, I must have used them myself at some point. You wont be able to do it in Linda though as it doesn't process Axes at all.

Cheers, Andy.

Which aircraft? I may be able to help. I use two of my levers as the fuel controls on the PMDG NGX and 777, but I do it directly in FSUIPC via key commands in the Axis Assignment tab. So when the lever is in the top half of travel it sends one key combination and when in the bottom half another key command, there is no reason why you could not fire an L:Var, FS Control or a Mouse macro instead. There are examples in the FSUIPC Advanced manual I think, I must have used them myself at some point. You wont be able to do it in Linda though as it doesn't process Axes at all.

Well, its the Nemeth Skycrane S64, so it is a rotorcraft to be more precise.

The lever assignment that you give here is exactly what I have tried to do in FSUIPC, and I need it for both Fuel levers and both Condition levers.

I have not been able to find the FSUIPC Advanced Manual.

All the documents are in the FSUIPC Documents folder, the path would be something like the below depending on where your FSX is installed.

c:\FSX\Modules\FSUIPC Documents\

Cheers, Andy.

A lot of add-on aircraft, both fixed wing and rotorcraft, use "mixture" as their fuel condition setting. The Aerosoft Bronco is a good example. I have the slider on my Thrustmaster throttle mapped to the mixture axis in FSUIPC and it controls the condition levers. This is also true in the Carenado C90 and the Flight1 B200.

A lot of add-on aircraft, both fixed wing and rotorcraft, use "mixture" as their fuel condition setting. The Aerosoft Bronco is a good example. I have the slider on my Thrustmaster throttle mapped to the mixture axis in FSUIPC and it controls the condition levers. This is also true in the Carenado C90 and the Flight1 B200.

I agree Henry, but the developer of the rotorcraft did not create their fuel and condition levers with that in mind unfortunately  :(  

My angle on this was also an attempt at connecting FSUIPC with my new LINDA module, if possible.

umm...it is possible that you could LINDA tracer to discover which variables are changing when you move the levers in the VC. Assign an axis to say something like cowl flaps in FSUIPC, then write a LUA script for FSUIPC that queries the axis value and then outputs to the condition variable.

Henry,

I already did the trace and know the variables, which is three switch positions.

I had hoped not to write a separate script for this, but use my new module directly through FSUIPC somehow.

It may end up with something like this or I might give up the Quadrant levers and just use a button toggle, sad though.

I understand your situation. LINDA allows us some view into the developer's code but doesn't provide all the answers. Luckily, LUA code is not so hard to write and the FSX side is well documented by Pete Dowson.

In the setup I can see there are many options to call LINDA like 'lua linda' with a parameter, but I have no idea what this parameter should be?

No, that's impossible. This feature was implemented in pre-release builds, but than we decided to drop it as it makes code too complex for such a "non-popular" feature.

You can use LINDA to investigate your plane, write and test yor Lua script in a friendly manner, but then you have to put your code to the separate Lua files and connect them with FSUIPC and your levers manually, without LINDA.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••