Sign in to follow this  

TrackIR in X-plane 10

I am just getting into X-plane 10 on my new Haswell Build and need some direction on fixing the crazy behavior of TrackIR. It is working in the appropriate view but is wildly sensitive and in the C172 the point of view is very low. The bottom 3/4 of the screen is instrument panel. I would prefer 1/4 to 1/3. I saw something about this just a couple of days ago on the forum but now I cannot find the solutions I am looking for. Anyone care to direct me to the appropriate tutorial or give me a quick one here. :biggrin:

So your going to have to adjust your sensitivity in Track IR itself, I found the same problem as you with the sensititivity. However the point of view I haven't figured out yet. What I do is figure out where my head needs to be for the point of view I want, and then Zero track IR so when I return to my normal posistion the view is where I wanted it to be.

Thanks, Don't mind setting up a profile in TrackIR GUI but that's a disaster if there is not a way to adjust the point of view or zoom in the 3d view in the Sim. If there is not a permanent fix for this that does not require me to fiddle around with this every time I get the urge to try X-Plane that's a deal breaker for me. I would really like to give this Sim a go BUT. :mad:

Well don't throw xplane to the wind just yet it is an awesome sim if you give it a chance, I fly both FSX and Xplane and love them both. I'm sure someone has figured it out I just haven't. Haha and I don't want to ruin your opinion of xplane out of the gate.

Well I have been fiddling around with this all morning and I can report that X-plane 10 is NOT TrackIR friendly! Track IR only works in what is called the "3D Cockpit command Lock" view. in the C172 you will find yourself facing a screen that is 3/4 instrument panel. There are assigned keys to move the point of view: fore and Aft, left and right, up and down, zoom in, zoom out. Using these keys you can precisely position your preferred point of view. However! None of these keys work when TrackIR is enabled. AND I have thus far determined this point of view is not preserved when the sim is re-launch.

It reminds me of the bad old days of FSX when I would spend the 3 hours I had for Sim Flying fiddling with BS.

No thanks. Lookout for a cheap XPX on ebay. At least I will have a freed up SDD for P3D V2 when it is released

Edit: Yes I am quite sure. Even if you setup the point of view to your liking with TrackIR disabled and save the situation the point of view that you spend 15 mins. Finessing to your liking is not preserved when you reload that situation.

There are mainly two kinds of flight simmers. One's that use multiple screens and one's that use TrackIR

If Laminar need a reason why XPX hasn't done as well as they had hoped they need look no further.

It is fundamental that a Sim has to be Track IR friendly!

It seem the only way to do this is to guess the position you need to put your head in when you center so as to get the correct point of view when you move you head back to where you expect things to be centered! WHAT A PAIN!

Hi Dave,

I am afraid I don't get your point (I also played around with XP10 in the last days for the first time):

I enter the VC with "shift+9" and my TrackIR works. I have a button assigned in TrackIR to a button on my Saitek yoke to center my view. If I find that my centered view is not what I expect it to be (e.g. to close to the panel) I put my head closer to the screen, push the button and bend back again and everthing is fine.

You are right, however, that XP10 is not intuitive when coming from FSX and that there could be much more help on the "transistion". I think it may be much better than what you think it is after trying around for a day or two...

Happy landings,

Till

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

Sorry not buying it! I have outlined very specific issues with track IR in XPX such as not being able to adjust the point of view of the pilots eye's while using TrackIR. There are heading swinging Movement that occur as well while merely turning your head and I checking the TrackIR GUI to see it these swinging movements where present; they where not. also they where not in FSX. Somethings wrong with the TrackIR and X-plane 10 interface that the user cannot fix. Its up to the developer and if they haven't addressed it by now they probably won't

Here is the same circuit in FSX and XPX with exactly the same TrackIR settings:

FSX:[/url]

[/url]

And despite fiddling around with it for a couple of hours this is the best I could do with XPX:

[/url]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX9AnHRmoa8

[/url]

Don't get me wrong clearly the sim is very good but unless this is fixed it doesn't matter how good it is.

A huge amount of Sim pilots are looking throw TrackIR eye's and the quality of every other experience in the sim

depends on that.

I do not have trouble with Track IR in X-Plane 10.22........

Maybe if I were to start using FSX for the first time I would be unhappy as Track IR wouldn't work  to my way of using it with X-Plane....

There are several threads on the webb about using the Track IR equipment in different games, all are different setups to FSX however.

Maybe time to read about setting up Track IR with X-Plane and disregard FSX suggestions.

Hope you get it solved as many do use it successfully.

• Upvote 1

Trevor Golding

Google it extensively and can't find any satisfactory fix. Shame the dev didn't do a better job of this. As I said above it doesn't matter how good the sim is viewed thought Crazy TrackIR eye's.

I have it listed on a local buy and sell web-site for $55 and I will put that Toward P3D V2 when it comes out in a Month or so.

Google it extensively and can't find any satisfactory fix. Shame the dev didn't do a better job of this. As I said above it doesn't matter how good the sim is viewed thought Crazy TrackIR eye's.

I have it listed on a local buy and sell web-site for $55 and I will put that Toward P3D V2 when it comes out in a Month or so.

I can absolutely understand your point!

And I was about to do the same but than a friendly XP10 user guided me some steps and I managed to get rid of the most things that anoid me (or maybe better: to understand how they work in XP10). I am not completly sold to it since now that P3D 2.0 is on short final I may not do the step over to XP10 until I have seen what LM brings to us.

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

Anyway my last word on this is that I will hold onto X-plane 10 for the Moment.

I will try some freeware scenery for it. Nobody seemed to be able to offer me a solution to the problem.

Barely any X-Plane Patron would even acknowledge that the issue exists. I went through all of the TrackIR setting

adjusting the profile and the best result I got was by disabling the X,Yand Z axis. So only 3 degrees of freedom instead

of the usual 6. If you want to fly VFR and would prefer to see more sky than instrument panel in the C172 there is as far as I can see

only one fix for that; In the 3D View look straight ahead and center you track IR. Then look toward the floor until your rudder pedals

appear at the bottom of the screen and press the TrackIR center key again. Wheh you look up at the and the center of the screen

you should be able to see only the Top instruments on the panel and the rest of the view is out the window.

Using the above trackIR setting moving your head up or down, Forward or back, Laterally will have no effect on what happens on the screen.

The big problem here is that the keys for moving the pilots point of view in the 3D view and disabled when TrackIR is enabled.

This should be an easy fix for the developer and solve a lot of view issues.

Sorry you're having TrackIR issues Dave. I know how frustrating it is flying an 'other' sim .. as I've just been trying out FSX this last few weeks so that I can have a 'balanced' p.o.v. ... and strangely enough one of the most frustrating experiences I had was how difficult FSX is to setup TrackIR smoothly LOL!

Well, some kind friends pointed me in the direction of EZCam (EZdoc) and now I'm a relatively happy camper in FSX.

So .. allow me to return the favour.

The best bit of kit to adjust pilot's POV for X-Plane is a little freeware plugin by Sandy Barbour called PilotView ..

It is possible to adjust the point of view using PlaneMaker (specific per plane) ... but if you're new to X-Plane I really wouldn't recommend you go there.

I hope that helps!

Cheers

Tip 1 .. for your X-Plane TrackIR profile .. keep TrueView enabled.

Tip 2 .. when you use Sandy's PilotView plugin .. there's an option in the plugin to turn TrackIR on .. and you need to turn the TrackIR option OFF in X-Plane itself!

Sounds good to me and thank you very very much. I look forward to seeing the results. I am in fact very enthusiastic about X-plane 10. The TrackIR experience really took the wind out off the sales but now I am looking forward to trying it again.

Got it! Tried it! Liked it! I will have find the time to carefully set it up..... and now for my next problem with X-Plane 10 :lol: Hint: is there an FSUIPC type plugin for XPX?

Sorry you're having TrackIR issues Dave. I know how frustrating it is flying an 'other' sim .. as I've just been trying out FSX this last few weeks so that I can have a 'balanced' p.o.v. ... and strangely enough one of the most frustrating experiences I had was how difficult FSX is to setup TrackIR smoothly LOL!

Well, some kind friends pointed me in the direction of EZCam (EZdoc) and now I'm a relatively happy camper in FSX.

So .. allow me to return the favour.

The best bit of kit to adjust pilot's POV for X-Plane is a little freeware plugin by Sandy Barbour called PilotView ..

It is possible to adjust the point of view using PlaneMaker (specific per plane) ... but if you're new to X-Plane I really wouldn't recommend you go there.

I hope that helps!

Cheers

Tip 1 .. for your X-Plane TrackIR profile .. keep TrueView enabled.

Tip 2 .. when you use Sandy's PilotView plugin .. there's an option in the plugin to turn TrackIR on .. and you need to turn the TrackIR option OFF in X-Plane itself!

is there an FSUIPC type plugin for XPX?

Glad to hear you've had some success!

Regarding your question, yes and it's called XPUIPC ... it's freeware too. :)