Sign in to follow this  

TrackIR in X-plane 10

Thank You very much for  this thread,Avidean, I like yourself was becoming very frustrated with TrkIR in X-Plane.I tried Pilot View and like it!

My only trouble is,once I switch to outside view it disables Pilot View. I can't figure out how to assign a button on my joystick to enable it.

Any help,tips would be great,Thank You.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Hi Phantom, there's a plugin key that's assigned to enable/disable TrackIR in PilotView that you can map to a joystick button.

I don't recall what it is off the top of my head, but it's in the PilotView doco ... and you can also view those PilotView shortcut keys via the X-Plane plugin administrator. I hope this helps (I think I changed mine as the default from conflicted with some other key combo I had).

• Upvote 1

Hi Phantom, there's a plugin key that's assigned to enable/disable TrackIR in PilotView that you can map to a joystick button.

I don't recall what it is off the top of my head, but it's in the PilotView doco ... and you can also view those PilotView shortcut keys via the X-Plane plugin administrator. I hope this helps (I think I changed mine as the default from conflicted with some other key combo I had).

Thx Mate,I must of missed this somehow in the manual,I'll have another look.Thank You.

• Upvote 1

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Sorry you're having TrackIR issues ...

Good info, on xplane, gonna run to implement it...but to hear you extol the virtues of ezdok, last updated, when 2 years ago??... How 'bout Feb 2010... to the exclusion of Opusfsx, which provides not only cameras but instantaneous real world weather anywhere at anytime...and...prodigious updates ...the latest supporting of all things... Buttkicker !... Which further immerses you into the simulator.

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

but to hear you extol the virtues of ezdok, last updated, when 2 years ago??... How 'bout Feb 2010... to the exclusion of Opusfsx, which provides not only cameras but instantaneous real world weather anywhere at anytime...and...prodigious updates ...the latest supporting of all things... Buttkicker !

Not sure how you can read that I'm extolling the virtues of EZDOK from my previous reply ...

Well, some kind friends pointed me in the direction of EZCam (EZdoc) and now I'm a relatively happy camper in FSX.

In fact EZDOK is often quite a frustrating experience for me after X-Plane, however I'm relatively happy that I can occassionally fly the Twotter in FSX and EZDOK enhances that experience ... somewhat.

I'm happy that the other bits of software you mention heightens your immersion .. but I'm resolved that I won't spend another red cent on FSX. Thanks anyway :).

I'm happy that the other bits of software you mention heightens your immersion .. but I'm resolved that I won't spend another red cent on FSX. Thanks anyway :).

I haven't flown FSX since P3D first came out ...I fly that and X-plane exclusively.

I don't have FSX on my machine anymore... So all references to OpusFSX I made with P3D as the vehicle not FSX.

Regards,

Chas

• Upvote 1

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

You guys might want to give X-Camera a try. It is very similar to EZdok but designed for X-Plane 9 and 10. It has native support for TrackIR. Many of the new users think it is smoother and more configurable then using TrackIR natively in X-Plane. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

You can get it at:

https://www.stickandrudderstudios.com/x-camera/

or

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=24209

I'm having the same issue with using Trackir in XP and boy this forum really helped.  I did find the PilotView stuff before, and have it bookmarked, but never used it since the date it was issued was several years ago and didn't know if it would work with the updated Trackir software. However, I too will try it out.!

Thanks!

It is very similar to EZdok but designed for X-Plane 9 and 10.

Awesome addon, Mark! Just what I needed to not miss the EZCA options when coming from FSX. Thanks for your work. Must say that the documentation and helpful tutorial videos also stand out. :smile: