Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Saab 340 for X Plane....I'm envious of that!

I've always wanted a Saab 340 for FSX.  I know, there is an old one out there for FS2004 that's been supposedly updated for FSX, but it's of low quality and not really any fun to fly.  I see on AVSIM's front page that one has been released for XPlane, and it looks quite spectacular.  I'm really envious of xplane users for getting that.  I've tried XPlane several times, but I still enjoy FSX much more, and always come back.  Xplane is now OFF my computer for the 3rd time.

I only hope someday that a major developer for FSX makes a Saab 340 of high quality available to us FSX users.

Stan

Yes I know it looks good but I'm reluctant to buy for XP.

I preordered the Razbam Metrolimer which by the sounds of it should be very very good. With a deep systems simulation. I should be getting it on Friday so looking forward to it.

Stan...I too enjoy the Saab340. While I still enjoy the FFG Saab using the UAX livery and flying out of Dulles, I also fly the one from Premier Aircraft Design with liveries in FlyBE, Northwest Airlink, and Provincial.

Lee...just noticed you're from Grande Praire AB...my cousin's daughter moved there from Nova Scotia and continually posts photos on FB of the mountains.

Cheers

Dave

True on the Saab, would like to have that in FSX too. Well, it isn't really lost since I think XP is a good sim too. But the guys are correct, that Metroliner also looks nice and we already have some props like the Q400 and J41, so we can't really complain, eh?

If XPlane could solve the lack of airport buildings and create a seamless ATC component (seamless in that it syncs correctly to the flight plan you're in) that essentially behaves similarly to how FSX default behaves in terms of fluidity but w/ RC accuracy & depth I'd been in fast, and I'm sure a few others, including some high end developers that don't seemed tied to P3D, and you know who that would be ;o)

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

so we can't really complain, eh?

No but does that stop us  :lol:

I own and fly both, FSX and XPX. At this stage FSX is the sim of my choice but I like to fly XPX for some add on aircraft, i.e. the Fly J Sim 727. If you can afford it, get XPX and the Saab. You will have fun and support the "FS industry".

XPX is not hard to learn. You can map all keys to make it easy to fly both without running into trouble. Seasons, airpot buildings, yes. Missing. But with a plane that you like to fly, no problem.

You can always get a scenery originally made for FS and try to convert it.

Hi, all,

I can offer you a glimmer of hope. On July 31, 2013 Air DailyX offered this tidbit of information: "If you read through some of Razbams posts they mentioned that the Saab 340 is on their to do list."

Here is the link to that quote:  http://airdailyx.blogspot.com/#uds-search-results

You'll find the quote under the paragraph about Razbam's EMB-120, which they are working on.  If you click a link in that paragraph you'll see some screen shots of the 120, which also would not be a bad aircraft to own, don't you think?

Tom

P.S. I'm sorry but the link I gave you doesn't work.  Instead, go the the blogsite from the above link and use the search window in the left column and type "razbam saab 340."

That's good news....they're also currently working on an EMB-120

Sent from my ME172V using Tapatalk 2

I own and fly FSX and X-Plane .. and the SAAB is flawless :).

Regarding a post above regarding lack of airports .. there're solutions available from payware, to freeware, auto airports building utilities or you cab build your own with WED.

You should not have to suffer a desolate airport in X-Plane.

FYI I fly regional routes in Australia and had to laugh because my FSX home airport has absolutely NO buildings lol  (YTWB) ... most of the other regionals I fly to are also deficient on that score (in FSX).