Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

Real Air Duke v2.0 Released

Glitch on release day? To be expected. A new version of the beloved Duke? UNEXPECTED (for me anyway)! I am so happy that RealAir took the time to update this already fantastic machine. Will wait for the servers to heal and then the fun will begin. I may have to buy two or more airplanes from you while I am at it as I want you to succeed!!!! Thank you RealAir a thousand times!

Auralumin

To be honest I do not see the point of this upgrade, its sound more like Duke 1.5 to me and I am a big RealAir fan, I own the majority of their products. I suppose they will do the same thing with the Turbine in a couple of months and charge for that too. Please don't turn into Carenado, I hate them for doing this kind of rehash thing and simply voted with my wallet, I'm sorry to say I'm doing the same with this I am afraid.

• Upvote 5

Cheers, Andy.

Are you serious? Realair and Carenado are on different planets!

This is a 2 man show, a lot of work went into this "rehash" and they ask for a fairly small amount of cash for the upgrade.

Actually, this kind of comment before you even try the product is simply rude.

• Upvote 4

-Iain Watson-

To be honest I do not see the point of this upgrade, its sound more like Duke 1.5 to me and I am a big RealAir fan, I own the majority of their products. I suppose they will do the same thing with the Turbine in a couple of months and charge for that too. Please don't turn into Carenado, I hate them for doing this kind of rehash thing and simply voted with my wallet, I'm sorry to say I'm doing the same with this I am afraid.

You're entitled to your opinion Andy, but please do not judge our work by your judgement of someone else. We have never, ever exploited customers in the way you suggest. It is not a rehash. A rehash is a shallow makeover. This is not a makeover and we wouldn't be interested in one. It is a response to customers who wanted Legacy type special effects and higher detail, and application of what we have gained from technical knowledge of FSX, together with tools acquired to improve things. It also took us the best part of a year, not a couple of weeks hacking through a few files. No-one is forced to take the upgrade which will cost less than a couple of beers and cheap takeaway meal for two. This upgrade has been requested by many customers, who also confirmed they are happy to pay the small charge after five years previous enjoyment of a product they like and support.

• Upvote 14

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

From what I've experienced with Duke 2.0 so far, this is a completely new aircraft.

From what I've experienced with Duke 2.0 so far, this is a completely new aircraft.

skully did you  get a new link to download  the software or did you manage to access the servers before they went down ? 

Could someone post a decent A/B comparison of the VC between the versions? The "new features" webpage is clear enough, but I don' think it manages to show how much of a difference there is. Still on the fence with this one, since I like the old one as it is I'm not too sure.

Not sure if this has been ask, but do the 1.5 version need to get uninstalled before installing 2.0?

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Rob + Sean= Best Customer Service in Flight Sims.

• Upvote 1

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Always nice to get online for the first time of the day and see that a plane you've been anticipating has been released!   Can someone tell me if it upgrades the existing Duke installation, or if it's another aircraft entirely, leaving the original intact?

Actually I didn't realise we had had the original Duke for that long, I suppose I was a little harsh for the small upgrade fee involved. I still think its a plane only its mother could love, it just looks like it shouldn't fly properly to me, lol.

Cheers, Andy.

Actually I didn't realise we had had the original Duke for that long, I suppose I was a little harsh for the small upgrade fee involved. I still think its a plane only its mother could love, it just looks like it shouldn't fly properly to me, lol.

That shows that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  I think the Duke looks about as sexy as a plane can be.  For me it almost defines what all Twins should aspire to look like! :P

• Upvote 6

I hope this v2 thing catches on.  There are a number of airplanes that I like to fly that are missing this or that or needs some tweaking to make it more realistic. 

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

skully did you  get a new link to download  the software or did you manage to access the servers before they went down ? 

I was fortunate enough to get in the first few minutes after release I think. I'd been watching the site all morning lol

Not sure if this has been ask, but do the 1.5 version need to get uninstalled before installing 2.0?

It installs over the most current version. No need to uninstall 1.5. The installer detects the version you have installed.

While we sort out an alternative server here is some info. When (if!) you get the download and install, you can install alongside the existing piston duke V1. You do not have to uninstall V1 /V1.5. Both versions will work alongside each other but the original will not have the new sound effects, animations and all the other new features. Very soon after release we will post a texture pack that will enable you to combine the old textures and liveries with the new ones, after which V1 can be removed as it will be no longer relevant. You can't do this at the moment because various new features won't work with the old liveries.

So to recap: You will be able to install V2 and V1 will work as before. You do not have to uninstall V1.

Best Wishes,

Rob - RealAir

• Upvote 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page