Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

Real Air Duke v2.0 Released

I got my link.Downloaded and installed.The plane is gorgeous.

Thanks Rob !

Lucky guy.  I'm still showing the servers down message. 

Do we have to wait for a new download link or should we try the one we got yesterday?

Cheers,
Michael

Aorus Master z390 / i9 9900KS / GTX 1070@2.1 / 32 GB Ram / all watercooled

Can't wait to get this, just not enough time in a day, week, month, year ...

Hi there, we have a limited service up and running and we're sending renewed links manually to the initial customers that didn't get them to test they work ok. Once we are assured that everything is fine, we will open up again for new customers, hopefully well before the end of Monday, and I'll keep everyone posted on this thread. Thanks for your support and trust. We're working night and day to get the server problem solved.

Please do not use the old link. We will be in touch with you. If somehow we missed you please email me at RealAir and we'll sort it out.

I can take this opportunity to thank Tom Allensworth for his incredible offer of support too. Thanks Tom!

Best Wishes,

Rob and Sean - RealAir Simulations

• Upvote 2

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Finally downloaded and installed! They did a great job updating this great plane.

Only one negative thing: the nosewheel free castoring option (which is the realistic one) seems disappeared from the configuration tool.

Finally downloaded and installed! They did a great job updating this great plane.

Only one negative thing: the nosewheel free castoring option (which is the realistic one) seems disappeared from the configuration tool.

We removed this because the Duke actually has linked rudder steering and we found this out recently. You can edit the aircraft cfg to impose castoring if you wish. Please email me if you need assistance.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Well, I didn't know this too!

So no need to change anything, since I would like to fly a "real" Duke. ^_^

Thank you.

Server update: It looks like the server is now behaving so we have reopened the website for orders. Please note that, as per flying guide please switch off crash detect and damage in FSX realism settings. Our custom suspension is set so the Duke can bounce on hard landings in order to promote more realism, but this means that FSX can interpret the main struts as damaged in air even when they are not. If you see the gear stuck in up position, turning off crash detect and damage will fix this, and also enable you to "practice" gear up landings and even water ditching.

Many thanks to all for your patience and so sorry about the server problems yesterday.

Best Wishes,

Sean and Rob - RealAir Simulations

If you don't have it yet you are in for a treat beginning with the most realistic engine start I have ever seen.

Lighting, taxi and landing affects are all superb. But be VERY careful:do not open the door while in flight. :Praying:

Hehe.....

Regards

Neal H

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

I have to agree that simulation wise RealAir and Carenado are on 2 whole different levels with RealAir being on top, a better comparison would be RealAir and A2A, i have a preference for A2A but both are absolutely top notch and are easily the PMDG of GA & vintage aircraft. Where Carenado can compete is with the graphics. I am debating over this Duke B60 or the Carenado C208 EX, and I am a turboprop guy, while the B60 is not technically a turbo prop, its is a turbocharged prop. I fly VA for my own subsidiary airline called Turboprop Regional, so you can see the conundrum that I am now faced with.

Addendum: Is there reverse thrust in the B60, I know many piston powered aircraft are not equipped with reverse thrust, however there are a few that can, not too keen on the history of the B60.

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

Addendum: Is there reverse thrust in the B60, I know many piston powered aircraft are not equipped with reverse thrust, however there are a few that can, not too keen on the history of the B60.

No reverse thrust on the B60.  The Turbine Duke is a class act and does have reverse thrust.  Climbs like a bat out of h*** and I love it.  I've heard good things about the Aerosoft Cheyenne recently as well.

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Congratulations on the release! Cannot wait to get out of the office to buy the upgrade. Looking at the changes, the price is a steal :)

A

Shes a dream to fly  B)

I have a problem though, my left landing gear never comes down for my landings. I'm well inside allowed speed so it must be something else I'm missing.  :blush:

Congratulations on the release! Cannot wait to get out of the office to buy the upgrade. Looking at the changes, the price is a steal :)

A

It's a good day to be a sim jock.

Charles.