Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

Real Air Duke v2.0 Released

As an owner of the previous version, do I have to uninstal the old version before running the v2.0 installer?

Thank you,

Michael

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

As an owner of the previous version, do I have to uninstal the old version before running the v2.0 installer?

Thank you,

Michael

You don't; the two version can co-exist just fine, according to Rob of Real Air. See here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/422397-real-air-duke-v20-released/?p=2813295

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Hi Rob

I skimmed the manual, a 3 month old daughter limits all my hobbies for now!

Will get the manual on my gmail drive and read it properly...at work!

-Iain Watson-

The v2 Duke woke up all the late sleepers coming out of S45.  Wow, what an outstanding simulation.

v2_2a_zpsa5309040.jpg

v2_2_zpsf9e774c3.jpg

[/url]

N20RM_zps4d1b7220.jpg

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Hi All

I've just purchased this and the download link for the installer.exe is being reported as a 'Phishing' website??

http://dl.filekicker.com/send/file/XXXXXXX/XXXXXXXXX

XXXX: I've blanked that bit out for obvious reasons!

Anyone else Have this problem

First time I've ever had this reported

Clive

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Haven't YET bought this, but know i'll have to.

Just wanted to say how good it is to see one of the finest, yet unsung developers, getting the praise and quedos they deserve.

Well done Rob and Sean. :clapping:

Hi All

I've just purchased this and the download link for the installer.exe is being reported as a 'Phishing' website??

http://dl.filekicker.com/send/file/XXXXXXX/XXXXXXXXX

XXXX: I've blanked that bit out for obvious reasons!

Anyone else Have this problem

First time I've ever had this reported

Clive

I used the same link a couple of hours ago and it was a non-event.  I looked over in the corner at a little box that said your download in complete.  Something like 212 MB.

Ray

I shut Accufeel off too except for the tire screech on landing...gotta have that.  Handling and sounds are excellent.  I like that woosh you get when you bank hard.  Lots of subtle things in this airplane I haven't seen in others.  The only thing is that I now have two sets of Dukes in my aircraft list.  I just used the default install for V2.  Can I just uninstall the older one?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

This plane is a beast!

I have already crossed half Europe with her and she is a joy to fly!

Only little problem (which may be caused by my noobness) : I have not been able to manage a RNAV approach with the RealityXP530. I set it on RNAV, set the autopilot on APP. I'm guided horizontally but not vertically, the glide slope indicator does not even turn on on NAV1.

Maybe I have done something wrong.

But, again, she feels alive, she's fast, the sounds and textures are great and she is a joy to hand fly. 

Thank you very much for your great work RealAir :)

OK, update on my little issue.

If I copy the link into a web browser address bar it get the 'Phishing' thing, but if I high-lite the address in the email then 'right click' and select 'go to address', then all is well.

Very strange, anyway i have download it OK now.

Maybe something to be aware of??

Thanks

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

OK, update on my little issue.

If I copy the link into a web browser address bar it get the 'Phishing' thing, but if I high-lite the address in the email then 'right click' and select 'go to address', then all is well.

Very strange, anyway i have download it OK now.

Maybe something to be aware of??

Thanks

Yep, I just clicked on the link from my email.

Ray

It's really great overall, except I have an annoying pop/click on each loop of the interior engine sounds... does anyone else get this?

I shut Accufeel off too except for the tire screech on landing...gotta have that.  Handling and sounds are excellent.  I like that woosh you get when you bank hard.  Lots of subtle things in this airplane I haven't seen in others.  The only thing is that I now have two sets of Dukes in my aircraft list.  I just used the default install for V2.  Can I just uninstall the older one?

Gregg,

The tire screech sounds are there in the v2 Duke.  If you grease it on, it sounds more like a kiss and is not very discernible.  Try a little more airspeed and touch down a little harder and you will hear some very real-world sounding rubber hitting the concrete sounds. I think the RealAir tire sounds are more realistic than the Accu-feel sounds - where almost every landing sounds the same and they all sound like you are a student pilot.

Ray

Only little problem (which may be caused by my noobness) : I have not been able to manage a RNAV approach with the RealityXP530. I set it on RNAV, set the autopilot on APP. I'm guided horizontally but not vertically, the glide slope indicator does not even turn on on NAV1.

You need a WAAS LPV approach to get vertical guidance. There is a list here of U.S. approaches:

http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/ato/service_units/techops/navservices/gnss/approaches/index.cfm

I don't think the RXP would have any such approaches for Europe, even if they exist as the RXP database is very old.

Barry Friedman