Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

Real Air Duke v2.0 Released

Only problem is it still shows the other registration on the top left of the panel.

I always end up ignoring that tag no matter what it says.  Would be nice if it was the same as I set it to but...

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Only problem is it still shows the other registration on the top left of the panel.

Yep, it's in the panel.

Scott

I think I found why all the clickspots go away suddenly. Try to turn off the avionics then battery. See you can't do it?

The avionics will keep jumping back on and off on and off, causing either fsx to crash or you to lose all clickspots.

Maybe it is some conflict because I have the Reality XP 430

can someone maybe check if you just turn the battery power and master avionics switch 'on', but keep the inverter switch at 'off' the ap panel is blank ?

but you can turn all other avionics on.

but despite the panel of the ap module is off you can still press the buttons and it will still work e.g. press 'ap' 2x and it will beep or 'fd' or 'hdg' and it will show up in the annunciator display at the top of the gauges ? but display is dark.

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

On closer inspection it may have something to do with the rxp setting of the gps auto turning on. I have adjusted some settings in the reality xp config program like turning auto on off and making sure both were set to auto course, for some reason 1 gps was set to auto course and the other was not. After landing this flight I will try turning off the avionics and see what happens. My problem with the middle mouse button was user error, conflict with ezca.

I think I found why all the clickspots go away suddenly. Try to turn off the avionics then battery. See you can't do it?

Sure I can. :-)

On closer inspection it may have something to do with the rxp setting of the gps auto turning on.

Don't know if that's part of what was causing problems for you or not, but I noted right off that the configuration utility wasn't properly writing to the rxpgns.ini file, as my settings for GPS off on startup weren't "taking".  I edited that manually on day one ("autopoweron=off").  I don't recall it causing any problems though - it was just a minor annoyance as I like "cold and dark" to really be cold and dark.

I have adjusted some settings in the reality xp config program like turning auto on off and making sure both were set to auto course, for some reason 1 gps was set to auto course and the other was not.

If you're using autocourse (which strictly speaking probably wouldn't be implemented on an HSI like the one in the Duke), you would still only implement it on the 1st GPS - the one driving the HSI.  The second GPS driving the CDI should be off.

Scott

I usually keep auto course off, was just trying different things. So far I am unable in all cases to start from cold and dark and go flying, then turn off the avionics. They refuse to turn off after being first turned on.

I usually keep auto course off, was just trying different things.

Sorry, didn't mean to make it sound like I was criticizing your choice and it probably did.  Just wanted to point out that even if you have it enabled for the HSI, the second GPS should still be disabled.

BTW, I have noticed that even though all of the radios themselves power down, sometimes the nav display needles will randomly flip around after I've turned off the avionics master and battery switches.  When I get a chance this evening, I may try turning autocourse on to see if it causes what you're seeing on my system.

Scott

Go into the texture.GREAL folder, and edit the texture.config file.  Change the line where it reads Texture.Panel_grey to Texture.Panel_walnut.

I did but that didn't do it

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\Texture.Panel_Walnut
fallback.2=..\Texture

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I did but that didn't do it

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\Texture.Panel_Walnut
fallback.2=..\Texture

Manny,

Looks like you were not in the Duke folder but in the aircraft.cfg file.  Right church, wrong pew or a typo or you failed to save the file.

I just tried this and it does what you are asking. 

Go to the Texture.GREAL folder and rename the texture.cfg file to texture.old and save.  Confirm yes.

Copy the texture.cfg from the Texture.N2889W folder to the Texture.GREAL folder.

Go Fly.

Ray

Edited by firehawk44
Image removed. Exceeded 1600W limit. Yours over 2400. See Image Posting Rules under Forums Menu above.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Now we've got to convince the Real Air guys to take a serious look at integrating this new Mindstar GPS stuff.  I'm all hot for switching to P3D, but it's my recent understanding that Reality XP is not portable to P3D.  The Mindstar stuff doesn't seem like it's as hardcore as the Reality XP gauges, but it would be better than using the stupid default GPS in P3D.  If and when I switch to P3D, I would defintely want the Dukes to be able to join me there with a capable, non-default GPS. 

Manny,

Looks like you were not in the Duke folder but in the aircraft.cfg file.  Right church, wrong pew or a typo or you failed to save the file.

I just tried this and it does what you are asking. 

Go to the Texture.GREAL folder and rename the texture.cfg file to texture.old and save.  Confirm yes.

Copy the texture.cfg from the Texture.N2889W folder to the Texture.GREAL folder.

Go Fly.

Ray

Yup that did it.. Thank you.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

can someone maybe check if you just turn the battery power and master avionics switch 'on', but keep the inverter switch at 'off' the ap panel is blank ?

but you can turn all other avionics on.

but despite the panel of the ap module is off you can still press the buttons and it will still work e.g. press 'ap' 2x and it will beep or 'fd' or 'hdg' and it will show up in the annunciator display at the top of the gauges ? but display is dark.

nobody else having this problem ? :(

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

Is it possible that you have the FSUIPC option enabled which tweaks the FSX battery endurance? Must be somewhere under 'misc'. A single digit value on the battery life factor whereas zero is unlimited.