Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

Real Air Duke v2.0 Released

Is it possible that you have the FSUIPC option enabled which tweaks the FSX battery endurance? Must be somewhere under 'misc'. A single digit value on the battery life factor whereas zero is unlimited.

strange, no fsuipc installed ... so if you just turn on bat switch and master avionics your ap display turns on ? (in the cold and dark configuration)

edit:

well I wouldn't mind if you have to switch on the inverter switch to get the ap panel working, but at least the buttons should also locked out so that you cant actually set up the ap while the display is blank.

But as far as I know the ap display should turn on with on with only bat+avionics. The panel itself works, just its dark without the inverter switch on. 

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

Hi Guys

Could someone tell me if the V2 update will also work with boxed version

from Flight1 or will it only work with the download version from Real Air.

Many Thanks.

Hi Guys

Could someone tell me if the V2 update will also work with boxed version

from Flight1 or will it only work with the download version from Real Air.

Many Thanks.

Not an Update..It's a separate product.

Not sure, try emailing Rob or Sean (info at their site www.realairsimulations.com )

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

In king airs it goes on basically after takeoff...  And off before landing

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Anyone have insight into real world ops with yaw damper? On before taxi or after takeoff? Off before landing or on all the time?

I, typically, turn it on/off at the same time as prop sync.

• On at or above 1000 ft AGL when departing. 
  • Off five miles from the airport if I'm arriving visual or on dogleg to the approach when I'm arriving on instruments.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Now we've got to convince the Real Air guys to take a serious look at integrating this new Mindstar GPS stuff.

Well, your "we" definitely does not represent all simmers or users of this aircraft.   

RealAir make perfect providios for RXP integration in their aircraft, and the RXP units in turn, perform flawlessly, including in areas like terrain awareness, that the Mindstar units don't offer.    Talk about why fix it, if it ain't broke.....

RXP is a fine piece of software but for me it's a +1 on the Mindstar support. RXP is abandoned by its developer, has old non-updateable navdata and apparently non-portable to P3D. Can't see how it would be a bad thing to offer another choice.

• Upvote 5

Barry Friedman

Yeah, don't know what ever happend to RXP, the most recent update is 02 June 11, but I pretty much use the 530 in everything I fly and glad it is an option in the Duke....

Martin

RXP is a fine piece of software but for me it's a +1 on the Mindstar support. RXP is abandoned by its developer, has old non-updateable navdata and apparently non-portable to P3D. Can't see how it would be a bad thing to offer another choice.

There are a fair number of things at risk of going the way of the Dodo because of P3D 2.0.  One thing that I think about is that there are opportunities for developers both in terms of replacing those products that aren't porting to P3D as well as add-ons that might begin to be used in a commercial setting.  When I think back on the crappy simulator we had at our flight school and compare it to what is available in FSX...huge difference.  We'll see what the market does.  I think it's far to early to predict and we'll just have to wait and see.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

what a magnificent plane, tremendous upgrade, a thing of beauty, indeed!!!!

Once again, thank you to one of our best and sincere developers, Realair.

best regards, Ronny

• Upvote 1

When I think back on the crappy simulator we had at our flight school and compare it to what is available in FSX...huge difference.

An excellent point.  The simulator that I used when I first started instrument training was an electromechanical device that I seem to recall fed a pen plotter to show me my track plotted over paper charts for review.  Wish I could remember the name of the things, but they were FAA approved and my hours on them were log-able with an instructor.  My log book is buried, but the name would be in there.  I do remember they were common at a number of schools in the area at the time.

These things were primitive and waay harder to fly accurately than the actual planes I was flying then, and I found it the most frustrating part of my training.  FSX as it is today provides a far, far better, more versatile and more accurate simulation platform for instrument work than these things ever did.

I'm not terribly concerned about any transition at this point, in part because what we have today is actually doggone good for my use model.  Platforms and support for those platforms will continue to co-exist, just as FS9, FSX and XP co-oexist today, and developers will slowly migrate as the user base does.  In other words, things will sort themselves out (with some short term inconveniences, I'm sure), and in the meantime the tools I'm using today, which are really quite good, will continue to serve my purposes.

In the immortal words of Alfred E. Neuman, "What, me worry?" :-)

Scott