Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

Real Air Duke v2.0 Released

Not really overkill. I'm using it for the a2a 172 and it does an amazing job with planning, even for a small 172. I like flying GA IFR and planning fuel, TAS etc is very important and it does an amazing job.

Not really overkill. I'm using it for the a2a 172 and it does an amazing job with planning, even for a small 172. I like flying GA IFR and planning fuel, TAS etc is very important and it does an amazing job.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

BTW has there been any feedback from Rob or Sean about beginning development on the Turbine Duke v 2 or any update if indeed work on it has begun?

Ta!

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Hi all,

I upgraded to V2 but there are some weird things happeneing. The switches dont make any sounds and the clickspot (which i turned off) is still on.

Also, you can actually taxi this airplane...didn't have the sense of sliding I get from most other FSX airplanes

I'm glad that I'm not the only one to have a perception of sliding when moving around on the ground in FSX. FS9 (IMHO) handles this much better. I am now tempted more than ever to try the Turbine Duke.

Livery pack downloaded and installed. My favourite Duke colour scheme (the silver and red N4029S) looks even better now, and I get a slightly improved view out of the window since it doesn't have winglets. The darker panel looks rather nice aswell.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I am now tempted more than ever to try the Turbine Duke.

I absolutely love flying the Turbine Duke.  It's a different airplane with those engines...less to mess with...don't have to mess with mixture and the oil doors aren't needed much.  But it climbs amazingly and can handle very short runways with it's reverse thrust.  It also has the optional engine failures which keeps it always interesting. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

The Turbine Duke is my second highest hour plane now, after the 337.  Given that I'm a piston guy at heart, that says a lot for the Turbine Duke.  But since the release of the V2 piston Duke, pretty much everything else has taken a back seat for the time being.  And I haven't even downloaded the new livery pack yet!

Scott

I know what you mean Scott - like you I've lost interest in just about my whole hangar since I picked up the V2 Duke. It's just sooo well done. Unlike some of my others *unnamed* it taxis well, it is easily controlled by hand in both departure and arrival and it just looks amazing! Best money I've spent on FSX in a while!

Tom McDonald

Hi Guys, just a quick heads-up - the paint kit for the V2 Duke is available now for download:

http://www.realairsimulations.com/list_box.php?page=dukeb60v2_downloads

Sean.

Any chance of a P3D installer?

The Duke v2 is probably the best twin aircraft I've flown in any flight simulator to date. I just can't stop flying it! Sadly I can't use it in P3D which is my main simulator :(

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Bring on the paints!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Bring on the paints!

There are a ton of nice paint jobs out there.  Almost every photo has a different spin or different colors. You can see some of the current flying Dukes at www.Dukeflyers.org  Just cycle through their pages.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Nice!  That looks like the piston version of the royal duke seen here (in which case YES I'd vote for that as well!)...  I'd love to see this black one too!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Nice!  That looks like the piston version of the royal duke seen here (in which case YES I'd vote for that as well!)...  I'd love to see this black one too!

Actually they are different paints.  The one I would like to have available for the RA v2 is the new ZS-KHA.  A search will turn up a video that has a couple of nice shots that a repainter could jump on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrhHCi2qhAU

I stumbled across this short video showing the startup of the RealAir Duke.  Nice sounds.

Ray

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNuM_T7KEXg&list=FLWo2T8f7hDB7PKa_hwjbN_g

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .