Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

Real Air Duke v2.0 Released

I tend to go for the wine colors.  This is what the new blue repaint would look like is Sean had chosen a burgundy or wine color instead of the blue.

Ray

• Upvote 1

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Not too shabby... looks like a retro and modern mix!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Not too shabby... looks like a retro and modern mix!

It looks more red and wine.  I think I will darken it up a little.

That didn't come out like I expected.  This look a little Rosy.

The Red one looks neat as a Black one though.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I uploaded the checklist.  It's a modification of a RW checklist.  No emergency procedures yet.  Thanks to Ryan B for the suggestions.  You can find it by searching for "Beechcraft Duke B60 Checklist".

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Panel...

attachicon.gifN422SB_2.jpg

How'd you get 2 x 530's in the panel? Have you tried the other RealityXP stuff (GMA340 – GTX327)?

That panel looks amazingly beautiful. I've splurged on a 530. Played with the trainer and it seems nicely integrated at first glance. Can't wait 'til you're done!

Thanks Gregg. And Ray, funny! I did the exact same with the s5cea and black color!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

How'd you get 2 x 530's in the panel? Have you tried the other RealityXP stuff (GMA340 – GTX327)?

You need Reality XP's GNS WAAS Unlimited expansion pack in order to have two 530s. Once you have it installed there will be an option in the Duke config panel for the two 530s, or two 430s (if you have them) or one 430 and one 530.

I haven't tried to retro fit the audio panel or the transponder. To be honest, I haven't felt the need to swap the stock audio panel or autopilot out. I would like to have the option to swap the GTX 327 transponder into the panel, but it wouldn't work due to the fact that the stock panel uses 3d knobs in the transponder (and probably a 3d bezel as well). The stock knobs are part of the model and would still show up even if you swapped in the 327 transponder.

That's the only squawk I have with the RealAir stuff. All of their latest GA releases use the same instrumentation. Same altimeter, same BK KMA28 TSO audio panel, same BK KFC225 autopilot, same BK KT70 TSO transponder, same BK KR87 TSO ADF.

A bit of variety between manufacturers would be nice! I would like to see the GTX 327, or even better a GTX 330! And a three needle one or two window altimeter would be really nice also!

I'm really close to being done with 422SB.

Orange accent striping like on actual aircraft.

Now I think the N number is too large, or I need to move it a bit. Wraps around the front of the vert. stab. now. Should have her completed and uploaded later today.

Jack

Ooooh that looks great!

Is that a photoshop edit? I'm new to repainting and just felt overwhelmed with the Duke kit... Haha.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Ooooh that looks great!

Is that a photoshop edit? I'm new to repainting and just felt overwhelmed with the Duke kit... Haha.

I don't know what you mean, exactly, by "photoshop edit".

If you mean; "did you use photoshop to create that paint scheme?", then yes, I use Photoshop CS2.

The Duke paintkit is pretty nice actually. There are only a couple "problem areas". The most difficult area is texture sheet VC_11.

This is the layout of VC_11.

VC_11 is the texture sheet used for the views "out the window" in the virtual cockpit. If you're doing a scheme with stripes on the engine nacelles, like this scheme, then you need to figure out where to put the stripes and such so that they line up.

You can see with this pic that to get the stripes to line up you need to cut them up and put them in various places on the sheet. They also aren't all exactly the same scale, so you need to figure that out as well. That's where the "head bashing" comes into play! :biggrin:

With enough patience (and aspirin!) you can do it though!

Jack

Ya I meant that. I also downloaded CS2 and I'm trying to use the nvidia DDS plugin but it crashes everytime I try to export Duke textures to .dds.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I think I had that problem too, or some kind of problem with the plugin at first. I don't remember the exact fix, but I know I ended up installing both the 64 bit and 32 bit plugins.

Jack

Yes, the XPNDR was what I was really hoping for. Sent them a message a couple of days ago, but I guess I have the answer now. :s

I only have the Duke V2, so I haven't noticed yet. I'm really interested in the turbine version now, but I think I'm going to hold off for V2. I mean, it can't be as nice as the piston is, right? :)

Thanks a lot for the update, much appreciated. I'll start hitting F5 now. :D

OT: Is there a list somewhere that lists the compatibility of the 430/530? The only one I've found so far is this one by Ryan. Maybe you have more information?

I uploaded the checklist.  It's a modification of a RW checklist.  No emergency procedures yet.  Thanks to Ryan B for the suggestions.  You can find it by searching for "Beechcraft Duke B60 Checklist".

I don't think the Checklist is uploaded..All I see are the Notes, but no checklist.

Thanks Gregg for the checklist but I think you forgot to include it. I downloaded the file and it only contains the "notes". The checklist is not in the .zip file.

Oops. Vincent beat me to it. Sorry