Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

Real Air Duke v2.0 Released

Rob,

Thanks, I got your email today.  On the above thread I wasn't stating anything negative/mean about you, or Sean, not responding, I was stating that as letting the others know I emailed you.  Sorry, I should've left the last part of the sentence off.  Matter of a fact, the above post was posted right after I emailed you.  And, I don't get upset when I don't receive an email back immediately, because I understand people have real lives, like me, well, I used to.  I'm now retired.  Besides, sometimes I hate email...

Anyways, I tried a couple of things you suggested, in the email, but they didn't work.  I'm going to keep plugging away though as I haven't done everything you and Sean had suggested.  I'm writing everything down of what I do, so as to inform you and Sean.  I'm determined to do what I can to help fix this problem.  Of course, it could be my machine....WIN 8, or FSX itself.

Rob...you gotta get some rest sometime.

Thanks again,

Safe Flyin'

Rod

Rod Beck

Dave,

Thanks for the response.

Nope.  Have no Reality XP products.

I'm thinking about uninstalling everything, including FSX, and start from scratch, before I hang it up.

I sent an email to Rob and Sean, but have not heard back.  Of all the years of flying FSX (since FSX came out), this is the first I've ever seen this, or even heard of it.  It's a shame, for us, because it's such a great flying airplane.  But I won't enjoy it if this problem continues.

Do you use EZDOK and are you using WIN 8?  

Thanks again.

Rod

Hi Rod,

No I don't use EZDOK.. I don't own it.

My loss of clickspots returned today, after trying what David (Nyxx) suggested with the RXP auto updates.   :(  ..... so that is not unfortunately the fix, at least for me.

So it seems the loss of clickspots in the Duke B60 v2 may not be limited to Reality XP gauge compatibility issues, as you don't own Reality XP, and I don't own EZDOK, and we're both seeing the same loss of clickspots.

In my opinion that indicates a more central issue with the Duke B60 v2, and not simply it's interaction with other add-ons, like RXP and EZDOK.  I also don't believe that this is simply happening because of "other demanding add-ons" and / or over-clocking.    I have never overclocked.    And no other add-ons are losing clickspots for me.

So I believe a fix must be possible within the B60 v2 product, that will prevent this issue.

Rob,

Thanks, I got your email today.  On the above thread I wasn't stating anything negative/mean about you, or Sean, not responding, I was stating that as letting the others know I emailed you.  Sorry, I should've left the last part of the sentence off.  Matter of a fact, the above post was posted right after I emailed you.  And, I don't get upset when I don't receive an email back immediately, because I understand people have real lives, like me, well, I used to.  I'm now retired.  Besides, sometimes I hate email...

Anyways, I tried a couple of things you suggested, in the email, but they didn't work.  I'm going to keep plugging away though as I haven't done everything you and Sean had suggested.  I'm writing everything down of what I do, so as to inform you and Sean.  I'm determined to do what I can to help fix this problem.  Of course, it could be my machine....WIN 8, or FSX itself.

Rob...you gotta get some rest sometime.

Thanks again,

Safe Flyin'

Rod

Hi Rod,

No worries and I understand Sean has contacted you too. 

Hi Rod,

No I don't use EZDOK.. I don't own it.

My loss of clickspots returned today, after trying what David (Nyxx) suggested with the RXP auto updates.   :(  ..... so that is not unfortunately the fix, at least for me.

So it seems the loss of clickspots in the Duke B60 v2 may not be limited to Reality XP gauge compatibility issues, as you don't own Reality XP, and I don't own EZDOK, and we're both seeing the same loss of clickspots.

In my opinion that indicates a more central issue with the Duke B60 v2, and not simply it's interaction with other add-ons, like RXP and EZDOK.  I also don't believe that this is simply happening because of "other demanding add-ons" and / or over-clocking.    I have never overclocked.    And no other add-ons are losing clickspots for me.

So I believe a fix must be possible within the B60 v2 product, that will prevent this issue.

Hi David,

Did you contact Sean as per earlier post? If you could contact me and let me know exactly what your system is and what else you are running I will do my best to help. If we cannot resolve it then I will make sure you receive satisfaction, but I would need your order number or key code.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Hi Rob,

I'll send through my specs and details.

I wouldn't accept a refund however - I may have problems with the B60 v2 but past RealAir purchases have given such enjoyment and value that I'd never consider a refund just because this one has an issue for me personally.  I believe in financially supporting good quality developers such as yourselves.      

But I'll pop through my specs etc and we'll see what can be done.  :smile: 

Yep I also get the click spot dropping out issue, I don't have ezdok or any add on guages installed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

<p>vrs_supporter.png

Paul Sleight

Yep I also get the click spot dropping out issue, I don't have ezdok or any add on guages installed.

Hi, Can I please ask you to email us at support, quote you order number and let us know what your system is and what tweaks you have, if any. Thank you.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Hi Guys,

Rest assured we are looking in to this problem. In all the years we have been developing for FSX never have we seen a bug this hard to crack. Unless I'm much mistaken no developer has found a 100% bullet-proof solution, rather the fixes to date tend to reduce the likelihood of the problem occurring - they might work for some people but not everyone. At the time of release none of our testers were experiencing this problem although we did experience it on an early beta.

I strongly believe that there is nothing actually wrong with any of the aircraft that are experiencing this problem, rather it seems that some combination of elements within certain FSX aircraft are triggering a bug within FSX itself. If there was something specifically wrong it would be possible to fix the problem for all users. The way that the fixes to date work for some people but not others suggests that there is no one problem that needs fixing. My gut feeling is that it is to do with complexity, the aircraft with sporadic clickspot issues are all complex in terms of texture count, custom code, sounds and animations. The fixes that have reduced the likelihood of a problem occurring seem to have focused on deleting complex features such as landing lights and a few other things.

If you are experiencing this issue and would like to take part in some testing to try to find a solution could you please send me an email. - sean@realairsimulations.com

Thanks,

Sean.

Well, since posting this request 48 hours ago, I have had a grand total of one customer get in touch. Does this mean there are very few people experiencing this problem? Or are the people affected not particularly interested in finding a solution?

Sean.

If you need people to test I'll gladly help, just tell me what to do. I normally don't use clickspots it since I use my Razer Naga's side buttons for my views.

Thanks Ned, I appreciate the offer. Do you experience click spot disappearances? We really need those affected to help us because we cannot reproduce the problem on our own machines.

Thanks Ned, I appreciate the offer. Do you experience click spot disappearances? We really need those affected to help us because we cannot reproduce the problem on our own machines.

Like I said, I normally don't use them since I find using the 12 side buttons on my mouse easier.

So, what's the issue? Clicking on a spot does nothing? I can randomly click while in cruise and see what happens if that's what you're looking for. If need be, tell me what system files/logs you need me to send so you can check out my setup.

Hi Sean,

I sent mine through today, and have been discussing the issue with Rob.   Rob's asked me to try a flight with a completely standard FSX.CFG, which I'll do as soon as I get some free time on the sim; hopefully by the end of the weekend.

Cheers.

Like I said, I normally don't use them since I find using the 12 side buttons on my mouse easier.

So, what's the issue? Clicking on a spot does nothing? I can randomly click while in cruise and see what happens if that's what you're looking for. If need be, tell me what system files/logs you need me to send so you can check out my setup.

Thanks again Ned. If you haven't experienced the issue already, it is unlikely you'll experience it now even if you don't make a habbit of using the click spots (We have only had quite a small number of customers report the issue). What we are looking for are people who definitely experience the issue on a regular basis so we can test whether any updated files fix the problem. For those that experience the problem, the clickspots basically stop functioning so that the mouse pointer never changes to a hand, and the clickspots have no function.

We'd also like to request that this issue be discussed with us via email if at all possible so that this thread can get back on topic for those who aren't experiencing this issue.

Sean.

Hi Sean,

I sent mine through today, and have been discussing the issue with Rob.   Rob's asked me to try a flight with a completely standard FSX.CFG, which I'll do as soon as I get some free time on the sim; hopefully by the end of the weekend.

Cheers.

No worries, thanks for that Dave.

I tried the simplest suggestion first which was to go into the duke settings interface and un check keep virtual cockpit loaded in memory, I have since had 3 short flights without any click spot issues, I need to find time to do a longer flight to see if that has cured my issue.

<p>vrs_supporter.png

Paul Sleight

Xame across another odd thing, I deliberately stalled the aircraft, it nose dived and regained normal flying speed but as far as fsx was concerned it stayed stalled all the way to the ground, even though my airspeed was saying 180 asi.

<p>vrs_supporter.png

Paul Sleight