Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

Real Air Duke v2.0 Released

I hope not.  The Diamond 42 looks like a giant sperm, imho

Nuthin' wrong with sperm. What have you got against sperm huh? If it wasn't for sperm, you wouldn't be here! :P

Or would you? :unsure:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Loss of click spots is on topic.  Any news?

Yes there is news. The number of clickspot issues reported to us in the last month is very low indeed. But for those who have persistent clickspot disappearance we have had some useful feedback. Some report that disabling dirt on the gauges results in fewer clickspot issues. Others say running in windowed mode eliminates the problem. For those who have tried the quick aircraft reload (see flying guide) or other suggestions and still have any problems we do issue files to them when they email us with their order details. The fix does eliminate light beams in certain views but so far is 100% successful.

There is no need for this fix if you do not have clickspot errors, or only see them once in a blue moon. Any bone fide customer can email me at anytime and our current response time averages less than 4 hours and sometimes minutes if I happen to be awake!

Best Wishes,

Rob - RealAIr

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Interesting comment about windowed mode. I always run windowed mode and don't have problems.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Rob, are  you aware (probably you are!) of the A2A resolution to their click spot issues in the C172? Disabling their landing lights and using default fixes the click spot issue it is claimed for those users who continue to have this problem . (Have yet to try it). The fix is in their latests Accusim 1.6 update

Hi guys, 

Although I've got just a few posts here on AVSIM, I've been following the forum and this thread for some time. 

I often fly the Airliners (PMDG, AXE, LEVELD) but the level of detail on this one got my attention. So before purchase here's my two simple questions:

* How's the FPS impact compared to Airliners like the AXE (the one i'm flying the most these days)

* How's the intallation size? My HD is a bit full, so I can't handle a 2gb install. I have to take some time and back up some files into my ext hd. :)

Cheers, 

Eric Hermes

Joinville, Brazil 

Yes there is news. The number of clickspot issues reported to us in the last month is very low indeed. But for those who have persistent clickspot disappearance we have had some useful feedback. Some report that disabling dirt on the gauges results in fewer clickspot issues. Others say running in windowed mode eliminates the problem. For those who have tried the quick aircraft reload (see flying guide) or other suggestions and still have any problems we do issue files to them when they email us with their order details. The fix does eliminate light beams in certain views but so far is 100% successful.

There is no need for this fix if you do not have clickspot errors, or only see them once in a blue moon. Any bone fide customer can email me at anytime and our current response time averages less than 4 hours and sometimes minutes if I happen to be awake!

Best Wishes,

Rob - RealAIr

Thank you Rob.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Hi guys, 

Although I've got just a few posts here on AVSIM, I've been following the forum and this thread for some time. 

I often fly the Airliners (PMDG, AXE, LEVELD) but the level of detail on this one got my attention. So before purchase here's my two simple questions:

* How's the FPS impact compared to Airliners like the AXE (the one i'm flying the most these days)

* How's the intallation size? My HD is a bit full, so I can't handle a 2gb install. I have to take some time and back up some files into my ext hd. :)

Cheers, 

Eric Hermes

Joinville, Brazil

Eric,

I suggest you read the Avsim review about this award winning Duke. Both your questions are addressed either in the body of the review or available using one of the many links for additional information.

Any FSX tweaked system should have no difficultly running this Duke and it should be more FPS friendly than any of those airliners that you mentioned. As far as the installed file size, it is also quite reasonable. If you are critically low on available HD space then you may want to not install or de-install some of the extra liveries for a tiny bit of space.

The Avsim review link is the first on the left in my signature.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I bought the Duke this morning, not without some trepidation at forking out almost $50CAD especially since I am a little cynical by nature at glowing reports of anything and the Duke did have quite a few of those. I must say that this aircraft has so far met my expectations and has exceeded some. I'm not a newbie, even though I often make newbie mistakes and have been flight simming  for around 40 years, ever since Bruce Artwick came up with the first flight sim for the C64 (the one on cassette that took 5 minutes to load). So I am not easily impressed. I am by this aircraft, so far at least.

I've only made 3 short flights in it and logged just over an hour. It handles beautifully and the sounds are great. Instrument tracking and approach seem flawless but I have to spend more time on it to be sure. Frame rate is exceptional. On the ground, virtual cockpit view, at a commercial (Virtuali) CYVR complex airport I was getting 50 fps on mid to high settings.

Two problems I encountered and they may already have been answered on this forum were:

1. Before starting I had changed the knob interactivity all to " Left Click + Right Click". I found that in flight, the mouse pointer became extremely agitated over any knob and it was difficult to set heading or course. In fact the course and heading needles started spinning out of control. I changed the knob interactivity back to "Click and Drag" and had no problems after that.

2. I use FsInn to fly on Vatsim. I need to manually put in the aircraft type in my Fsinn plan since it doesn't seem to be reading the Duke's cfg information properly. I never had this problem with other equally impressive ac like NGX or Maddog. In all fairness, it isn't a RealAir issue but FsInn.

Bottom line is money well spent.  Thank you RealAir for giving this old (er) guy something else to play with.

Tried their Legacy? I'd mention their Turbine Duke as well but Realair is already working on a v2.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I bought the Duke this morning, not without some trepidation at forking out almost $50CAD especially since I am a little cynical by nature at glowing reports of anything and the Duke did have quite a few of those. I must say that this aircraft has so far met my expectations and has exceeded some. I'm not a newbie, even though I often make newbie mistakes and have been flight simming for around 40 years, ever since Bruce Artwick came up with the first flight sim for the C64 (the one on cassette that took 5 minutes to load). So I am not easily impressed. I am by this aircraft, so far at least.

I've only made 3 short flights in it and logged just over an hour. It handles beautifully and the sounds are great. Instrument tracking and approach seem flawless but I have to spend more time on it to be sure. Frame rate is exceptional. On the ground, virtual cockpit view, at a commercial (Virtuali) CYVR complex airport I was getting 50 fps on mid to high settings.

Bottom line is money well spent. Thank you RealAir for giving this old (er) guy something else to play with.

Another satisfied RealAir customer. Yep, take a look at their Legacy when you want to let your hair down and go screaming over the countryside and do some aerobatics.

Glad you like it. I would try the alternate method to left/right click again after a reboot just to see how it behaves.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I lost my ability to use my mouse. I checked my AA settings and noticed that I was not using SGSS. I enabled it and I haven't lost my mouse again.

I've only lost my click when switching views quickly. It has occured with other planes like the L39.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I've only lost my click when switching views quickly. It has occured with other planes like the L39

That's been my experience as well with the V2. To me it indicates an overload of some sort, the hand usually comes back if I give it a minute or two. I've been able to force it to happen with slewing, jumping views from F9 to F10, 11 and 12 quickly, or playing around in the menu bar to often or for too long. Perhaps something to do with texture loading/reloading. If I sit tight in the cockpit (like flying a plane in RL) it doesn't happen that I can remember.

Still, the Dike is one great ride.

Frank L.T

Hi Rob and Sean, 

I am a happy customer of your Dukes (B60V1,V2, and the Turbine) and I've logged around 200 hrs in them including an "around the northern hemisphere" tour. The Duke is my all time favourite. My only wish would be something like this:

realair_duke_rxp_wx_1_zpsb1031dab.jpg

realair_duke_rxp_wx_2_zps9439f3ee.jpg

Hoping for an update...

Best wishes

Tamas

Hi Rob and Sean, 

I am a happy customer of your Dukes (B60V1,V2, and the Turbine) and I've logged around 200 hrs in them including an "around the northern hemisphere" tour. The Duke is my all time favourite. My only wish would be something like this:

Hoping for an update...

Best wishes

Tamas

Second this - voting for the ASN weather radar to be included.

Actually the "agitated" cursor problem on "left/right" click did clear up after a reboot.

The only problem I have left is that FsInn doesn't seem to recognize the Duke very well and I end up putting in the relevant information in my plan as in T/be60/f . all other AC have this info already there. I have tried various options within FsInn in trying to get the Duke recognized, I haven't had much success. It's an FsInn problem that doesn't seem to be reading the .cfg aircraft file properly I suppose.

The aircraft however flies like a dream....