Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

Real Air Duke v2.0 Released

Just wondering (as I haven't yet purchased the F1 750/650 set.) Is there software with them to help install these gauges over exisiting panels? Do the just not fit well in the Duke? Guess I'm just wondering how easily that they can be "retrofit"into my existing aircraft...

This is certainly not unique to the RealAir Duke. VC panels are unique to each model and require updates or changes by the developer. They are not friendly to us users sticking a different radio or GPS into a slot designed from something else.

As Ryan stated popups are easily installed with the Flight1 GTN Config Utility that is installed on your desktop when you install either the 650 or 750. You have lots of options to customize your installs - VC panels are not one of those options.

I am writing the Avsim review for these F1 GTN units and will cover this in detail in the review with some working examples.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I think when the boys integrate the F1 GTX series, they will make it fit fine.  Remember the GTX750 doubles as an audio panel and transponder, so in terms of size, picture it replacing the 530 and audio panel or xpdr.

Cheers

TJ

I think it would be wonderful in the upcoming Turbine Duke 2 (any pics Rob :))

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I think it would be wonderful in the upcoming Turbine Duke 2 (any pics Rob :))

This. So much ...

Wow!   :Applause:  Over 49,000 views and almost 900 posts!!! Must be a lot of problems or this is a very popular aircraft. Me thinks it's the latter.  :dance:

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Oh it is that good.... but we also went way off on a tangent mentioning the GTN750 and 650 hehe.... then we got excited about the T Duke etc

B)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Wow! :Applause: Over 49,000 views and almost 900 posts!!! Must be a lot of problems or this is a very popular aircraft. Me thinks it's the latter. :dance: Best regards,

Me thinks you are correct. Now imagine the v2 Duke decked out with 3D F1GTN 650/750 combo. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Avsim Review now published - July 6, 2014

Regards,

Ray

Im having an issue with throttle travel using saitek. The V2 virtual cockpit throttle wont move until my saitek throttle has reached 50% travel

Anyone know whats going on? it only happens with the duke.

ZORAN

If you're using fsuipc, I would go into the fsuipc.ini and get rid of any calibration information concerning the throttle axis for this plane.  Don't know if you've swapped controllers recently, but I think it's possible that there could be some old calibration data in there for a throttle quadrant that is no longer present, and you wouldn't see it in the fsuipc interface.

Im having an issue with throttle travel using saitek. The V2 virtual cockpit throttle wont move until my saitek throttle has reached 50% travel

Anyone know whats going on? it only happens with the duke.

Saitek Throttles calibrate ok - RealAir Duke B60 V2

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Saitek Throttles calibrate ok - RealAir Duke B60 V2

Thanks so it must be my end

If you're using fsuipc, I would go into the fsuipc.ini and get rid of any calibration information concerning the throttle axis for this plane.  Don't know if you've swapped controllers recently, but I think it's possible that there could be some old calibration data in there for a throttle quadrant that is no longer present, and you wouldn't see it in the fsuipc interface.

That did it ! many thanks I never would have thought to delete the  v2 ini file 

All good now 

ZORAN

Thanks so it must be my end

That did it ! many thanks I never would have thought to delete the  v2 ini file 

All good now 

Hi Zoran. The Duke does not have an ".ini" file, at least not connected with any controller. I assume this must be a third party ini file. The Duke does not require FSUIPC but if you are using it then something needs to be reset because we have lots of customers who have no problems whatsoever with throttles.

One tip though is when you calibrate any throttle in FSX it is a good idea to not go quite to the end of travel for max and min (or up and down) with the levers. That way you can be sure that idle really is idle and max power really is max power.

I have replied to your support email regarding activation and also regarding your query about file structure.

Best Wishes,

Rob - RealAIr

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Hi Rob, thanks for the follow up.I meant the FSUIPC ini  where I have my flight controls calibrated. 

I dont usually calibrate my throttles and just leave them controlled with FSX but I must have forgotten. In any case deleting the entry fixed the problem and good advice about throttle travel, I will remember that.

ZORAN

Hey Team,

Be sure to check out the latest Avsim review of the Flight1 GTN 650/750 Avionics. These could take the v2 Duke to yet another level.

Really.

Regards,

Ray

Just click on the link in my signature.