Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

Real Air Duke v2.0 Released

Is this just a 'click spot' thread now or can I raise a point? Going to anyway. :wink:

Is there a way of turning down the wind noises? I've tried the usual things, Windows/FSX/Accufeel and still there is a gale force 9 going on. I've searched for the .wav files but they must be tucked away in the bowels. I'm guessing the sounds.ini is the answer but I'm too chicken to mess with that.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Hi Ron,

There are several "wind" sounds going on between the custom sounds and the vanilla FSX triggered sounds. To turn down the base wind sound reduce the "environment " sound slider. Extra custom wind is triggered by the following:

Gear down wind resistance

Yaw that is out of balance

Slight air/wind sound on roll rates greater than gentle

Turbulence/wind shear

I reckon the slider to adjust is the environment one in your case.

Best,

Rob

Xame across another odd thing, I deliberately stalled the aircraft, it nose dived and regained normal flying speed but as far as fsx was concerned it stayed stalled all the way to the ground, even though my airspeed was saying 180 asi.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

!! No that's not possible. Not at 180 knots at least, unless you pulled the stick right back and continued the stalled state...though 180 knots is very extreme. What can happen is that you stall and let the Duke descend with the stick still held back. In any aircraft the stall is related to angle of attack not airspeed. It is possible that a stalled aircraft can accelerate past the normal stall speed but if your angle to the airstream is still too high the stall will continue. As soon as you ease the joystick forward the angle of attack immediately reduces and the stall should cease. 

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Xame across another odd thing, I deliberately stalled the aircraft, it nose dived and regained normal flying speed but as far as fsx was concerned it stayed stalled all the way to the ground, even though my airspeed was saying 180 asi.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Hello - if it happens again try changing the trim - it may well be all the way aft as set by the auto pilot trying to cope with a low airspeed prior to stall.

regards

Gordon

Cheers Rob, I'll give it a go. Having said that, won't that affect all other aircraft? Meaning that I'll have to nip in 'n' out of FSX sounds. Anyhow, I'll see what happens.

I also had problems with the click spots, but after turning off Windows Firewall, (even after allowing FSX permission), I haven't had them since. But as mentioned before, this is a fickle issue and your mileage may vary....

Win7 64 bit

Cheers,

Martin

Well I let the nose drop as you would to recover from a stall, once I had got above the blue line on the asi I pulled the stick back, the aircraft leveled off but the stall siren stayed on, I had full power on the engines, I tried dropping the nose some more and letting the airspeed increase even more and still the siren stayed on, the aircraft behaved as if it was in a flat stall and eventually hit the ground. I've never experienced this before in any fsx aircraft, on my powered hang glider I have performed full stalls for jollies and stalled wing overs so I am well versed in stall recovery.

<p>vrs_supporter.png

Paul Sleight

I also had problems with the click spots, but after turning off Windows Firewall, (even after allowing FSX permission), I haven't had them since. But as mentioned before, this is a fickle issue and your mileage may vary....

Win7 64 bit

Cheers,

Martin

That doesn't make any sense.

My clickspot problems only seem to happen when I turn off my battery and avionics and then on again. It's sometime during the 2nd leg that the clickspots all disappear.

Well I let the nose drop as you would to recover from a stall, once I had got above the blue line on the asi I pulled the stick back, the aircraft leveled off but the stall siren stayed on, I had full power on the engines, I tried dropping the nose some more and letting the airspeed increase even more and still the siren stayed on, the aircraft behaved as if it was in a flat stall and eventually hit the ground. I've never experienced this before in any fsx aircraft, on my powered hang glider I have performed full stalls for jollies and stalled wing overs so I am well versed in stall recovery.

FSX has a "routine" for everything. If the stall buzzer remains on it is indicating high angle of attack, and that will continue until you positively push the stick forward until the buzzer stops, and even more so if you are trimmed up. It is not related to the nose in relation to the ground, but the wing angle of attack in relation to the airflow.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

FSX has a "routine" for everything. If the stall buzzer remains on it is indicating high angle of attack, and that will continue until you positively push the stick forward until the buzzer stops, and even more so if you are trimmed up. It is not related to the nose in relation to the ground, but the wing angle of attack in relation to the airflow.

You mean.......It's not real? :(

That doesn't make any sense.

My clickspot problems only seem to happen when I turn off my battery and avionics and then on again. It's sometime during the 2nd leg that the clickspots all disappear.

Right, none of it makes sense, because it seems to happen randomly, this is just my observation. Who knows they might return, but for now I'm leaving the firewall off B)

Cheers

Martin

You mean.......It's not real? :(

Well.....it's a simulator! I think if people want to be ultra picky about this sort of thing, they might like to start with some basic flaws in default GA aircraft which we have worked tirelessly to overcome for years, like:

Almost completely locked yaw in the air, so no side slip at all

No buffeting at all at the stall

Very little wing drop at the stall, if any 

Inability to spin due to locked yaw

Almost no accelerated stall

Pitch control over sensitive and bouncing up and down like an elasticated yo-yo

No ability to provoke a reasonable approximation of a spin

Sudden ballooning off the runway at take off due to over-sensitive pitch control

...and many more

The price paid for some of the above is that you do need a positive forward movement to stop the stall, and there's a slightly bigger altitude loss on recovery. I think that is a small price for all the advantages we've developed over the years. But the biggest problem (for me) with FSX's flight modelling core is that trim does not properly work merely to relieve the need for back pressure on the stick. It actually creates more pitch/elevator moment and if you set high enough trim at the stall it then needs more positive forward movement to stop the stall and recover. In a real aircraft high trim at the stall just requires more forward pressure, but not much more forward movement as a whole.

Interesting to note that some accidents over the years have possibly been caused by the autopilot trim raising the nose more and more due to loss of airspeed on approach, resulting in a flat spin or stall which results in a nose up descent all the way to the ground, or the pilot refusing to push forward at the stall when flying manually (ATR approach in cold weather, Trident stall/crash near Heathrow, Recent San Francisco B777 episode, possibly Air France Airbus over the sea in a storm, and many more). In these cases a very positive forward movement would have saved the situation. The deeper the stall the more positive forward movement is required, and the Duke attempts to emulate that. In an incipient or not fully developed stall just a little forward pressure stops the stalled state.

FSX is pretty good for a sub million dollar simulator despite some F/M flaws and one can't expect miracles. 

• Upvote 3

Ha! I suspected it was Ron....but I just thought I would explain in case others were concerned!

Too much rudder on the tongue there Ron.  LOL.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I really must stop making tongue-in-cheek posts.

Yeah, what's up with that? You two guys are from the same island; you know, a colony of France, and speak the same language. Heck, I bet you two are about as far away as I am to my local pub...  You guys having a failure to communicate? :Big Grin: