Sign in to follow this  
wanabflyer

New LCC How to assign contoller buttons

Has anybody managed to assign a controller button to an adjustment in this feature and got it to work?

Thanks,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Check your list of devices when you open Spy, it should match the list in FSX Settings. Enable controllers in FSX. Delete all auto assigned buttons and axes in FSX for the controller. Then open the Shortcuts - LCC dialog and assign your buttons, select the controller, and then assign your axes.

Now remember FSX only allows eye point (6DOF) control in VC, 2D, and the Opus 'custom' external aircraft view. It does not allow the eye point to be adjusted in any other view type or mode, and as Cheryl advised, best consult the manual, hundreds of people are now using game controllers with their FSX. So far no problems apart from when users do not follow the steps above.

All buttons come from SimConnect so controllers must be enabled and then the events will be seen in the Spy window. The axes are read directly by the LCC software however, you can adjust the sensitivity and dead zone for the axes in the dialog.

Stephen

If you are using FSUIPC4 for your controllers and have them disabled in FSX then you must enable the controllers in FSX and just delete all button and axes assignments. It is FSX that relays button and key sequences to Addon packages such as OpusFSX but you must enable the controllers in FSX for it to do this.

Just remember hundreds of people are now using a variety of game controllers on their systems. So if it ain't working then there is something you haven't quite done yet on your system.

Stephen :-)

Thanks guys. Yes I am using FSUIPC with controllers disabled, so I will re enable and do some deleting. I only want a couple of on the fly adjustments which I want on my Saitek throttle quad.

Rick Hobbs

I would also advise downloading and installing the latest beta version which includes improvements to the LCC button and axes assignments.

Make sure you uninstall all copies listed in the Windows Program's List before installing the new beta release.

Stephen

I would also advise downloading and installing the latest beta version which includes improvements to the LCC button and axes assignments.

Make sure you uninstall all copies listed in the Windows Program's List before installing the new beta release.

Stephen

Actually I did install the latest Beta version, but ran into a nasty problem which I am posting about next.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Hi Rick

We've had no reported problems regarding the beta, best post or email now since we are on holiday and may not be able to help later.

Stephen