I had a similar problem on a similar setup. I have the GTX660 and 3770k 3x 19 inch monitors. To fix the wierdness I did the following.

Downloaded the latest driver. I used the 326.80 beta driver for the new PhysX software.

Removed the old driver then Installed the new.

Configured with bezel correction and then in FSX set resolution to 4000x900 by 32. Windows desktop is also set to that resolution automatically after driver install and monitor configuration.

Now when I fire up FSX, I get the start menu in the center screen and the chosen flight expands to fill all three screens. The expand effect on the side monitors seems to be improved with the new driver as well.

Hope this helps

Auralumin

Go into nvidia control panel and click surround option. Because the display does not consider the bezel width, I need to make that adjustment, which creates a custom resolution. This is not an exact science, so I am not sure that the custom resolution is the same every time. In any case then I go into fsx and usually have to reset the resolution, which also means I need to double chech the cfg file to make sure the lod did not get reset. Then i load a flight, only to get fsx in one screen. Then I have to alt enter to full screen it, only to click something on the cockpit, which fires it back to a single monitor. The second alt enter works, and I am ready for flight - assuming I have any energy left.

Hi, not sure this will solve your problems but a few suggestions:

Don't use Alt/Enter to switch between Full Screen and Windowed modes.

FSX does not handle it well and can behave erratically in my experience.

Use the top menu bar in FSX to select Full/Windowed mode from the View menu instead.

The nVidia bevel corrected custom resolution is created after you go through it's set-up routine.

It does not change unless you set up Surround again with a different bevel edge correction value,

i.e. when aligning the diagonal roads at the screen edges.

After creating the bevel corrected resolution go into the Change Resolution menu on the left of the nVidia Control panel.

There you will see the bevel corrected resolution listed ,the largest one, and also the non-bevel corrected one,

the second largest one, 3840x1024 in your case.

The non-bevel resolution will usually be set as the desktop resolution by default.

Try setting the desktop to the bevel corrected resolution instead and see if this helps FSX.

Make a note of the actual value of the bevel corrected resolution and make sure you select it at the FSX start-up screen before you start flying.

Usually FSX will start in the screen mode it was in when you last exited it, i.e. if you exited in Full Screen mode it should start in Full Screen mode.

Is this not happening in your case?

gb.

• Upvote 1

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Thanks for the help gb. Super busy with work, but let me take a look at your suggestions.

Thanks for the help gb. Super busy with work, but let me take a look at your suggestions.

We have a 3 monitor guide pinned in this forum so I'm merging your topic with that one. 

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Various panels that comes with add-ons will often stretch in a multi-monitor setup like this. Rather than going into the panel.cfg to manually edit the values, I would recommend using FS Panel studio. 

The main reason for this is that the values for height, width, vertical and horizontal positioning of the windows is anything but intuitive. While some of you would appreciate the challenge, I did not have the time to wrap my head around it: FS Panel studio allowed me to accurately re-size and position the panels exactly where I wanted them.

On the other hand: If someone has a logic explanation as to how these values can be adjusted via panel.cfg, I would possibly be intrigued. I had a go a it, but the example given did not make sense.

Resizing of panels and windows for multi-monitor setup:

1. Regular 2D-panels: FS Panel Studio is very useful and handy for this operation

2. ATC-window: Resize the window with the default flight and save it. You ATC windows will now reappear in the same size for all flights.

As an ati owner, it has something called eyefinity which is accessed through the catalyst control centre. It does the job of one of those triplehead2go things. I tried it on fsx once, really nice, however it also changes your desktop to act as one large one and as a result, normal use of the PC is not nice or easy.

It also seems to be a right pain to get everything back to normal, in a quick and easy way. I have not found a way to click 1 button and it changes and then another to change it back. Each time i have to re-identify all monitors which is annoying, time consuming and generally not worth the hassle. 

Anyone got any tips?

Dan

It also seems to be a right pain to get everything back to normal, in a quick and easy way. I have not found a way to click 1 button and it changes and then another to change it back. Each time i have to re-identify all monitors which is annoying, time consuming and generally not worth the hassle.

Anyone got any tips?

Dan you should be able to save any particular set-up in the catalyst control centre (CCC)

as a pre-set, then just switch between them either in CCC or with an assigned keyboard short cut.

gb.

Is the bezel adjustment part of Nvidia surround ?

Yes  it is.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Hi guys

I have a GTX970 and a 24inch monitor running at 1920 x 1080 and a 22 inch monitor running at 1680 x 1050. I would like to be able to stretch the VC using the Nvida Surround option. Everytime I try it turns the screens into a very low resolution. Could someone please give me a few tips on how to get around this, if at all this can be done.

Many thanks

John

Hi guys

I have a GTX970 and a 24inch monitor running at 1920 x 1080 and a 22 inch monitor running at 1680 x 1050. I would like to be able to stretch the VC using the Nvida Surround option. Everytime I try it turns the screens into a very low resolution. Could someone please give me a few tips on how to get around this, if at all this can be done.

Many thanks

John

Pretty sure you still have to at least set the same resolution on each monitor before setting up Surround.

(Used to be: monitors must have same native resolution.)

Try dropping the 24" to 1680x1050 before hand.

gb.

Dug up my old simpit. 6 monitors on 1 PC.

GTX 480.0.0 = TH2GODE (3X24IN VISUALS)

GTX 480.0.1 = VRI CDU2

GTX 480.1.0 = 10IN TOUCH SCREEN

GTX 480.1.1 = 10IN TOUCH SCREEN

DSC01039.jpg

fantastic looking set up

Just installed a triple screen set up and after much trial & error I think I have I to my liking:  the left screen I use for the FMC and various other important flying instruments all have  to be undocked

The middle screen for actual FSX As I use the right hand screen for ATC as I use Pro-ATC-X for my ATC I use the moving map on right hand screen. My question is I have to spend 20 minutes +  undocking and positioning The  instruments only to start again next flight…………………is there any way  possible to get FSX to remember the layout

fantastic looking set up

Just installed a triple screen set up and after much trial & error I think I have I to my liking:  the left screen I use for the FMC and various other important flying instruments all have  to be undocked

The middle screen for actual FSX As I use the right hand screen for ATC as I use Pro-ATC-X for my ATC I use the moving map on right hand screen. My question is I have to spend 20 minutes +  undocking and positioning The  instruments only to start again next flight…………………is there any way  possible to get FSX to remember the layout

Wow, I forgot about that set-up, it's been a long time since I seen it. I used to do mine by hand, but you may have luck using this https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/38222/saving-window-positions/

Hello

This Forum has been very helpful, but what I came here looking for was, after hooking multiple monitors to a computer, what to click on in FSX to display different screens on those monitors.

I accidentally came across this video on YouTube and it is exactly what I was looking for. Posting it here in case it helps someone else:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxzoyPMvCL0

I accidentally came across this video on YouTube and it is exactly what I was looking for. Posting it here in case it helps someone else:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxzoyPMvCL0

Seven 3D windows at once? Good luck!

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro