Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

Now I know what you all meant when you talked of.....

A strange pause.

Looks like I am the next person to encounter this phenomenon.

Just left Buenos Aires bound for London with time compression on in the cruise and when I looked at the screen to see how she was getting on it had frozen. 

I have no idea how long it had been frozen for but it was for at least another five mins. I decided to leave it and see what happens as I have read of this and when I came back in from the kitchen it was running again.

I have done about 20 flights in this plane now and that had never happened.

How many of you have experienced this issue?

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Introduction manual explains what is happening there

Not really: it just says they're aware of the issue.

spacer.png

Introduction manual explains what is happening there

If you are referring to VAS it is not that. My fsx is a fresh install with no scenery added yet on a clean windows install. Been monitoring that and has not come close.

NGX and 777. No clue why or how to prevent it.

Justin whetstone

Can't say I have ever seen in in the NGX. Interesting.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

If its the display freezing issue, they tell you how to avoid it or how to fix it if it happens, its a bug in flightsim nothing they can do about it, the solution they offer to fix it is using right click to switch between views. I think someone here on the forum also said that its caused by FSX Tower camera view when you are flying in an area that is far away from a tower view.

If its the display freezing issue, they tell you how to avoid it or how to fix it if it happens, its a bug in flightsim nothing they can do about it, the solution they offer to fix it is using right click to switch between views. I think someone here on the forum also said that its caused by FSX Tower camera view when you are flying in an area that is far away from a tower view.

No it's not the displays Bryan it is fsx that is freezing. Am aware of that old chestnut you talk of. Can't ALT+Enter out either. you can hit the window key and go into task manager etc but fsx just stops for quite a while then carries on. 

I am not too worried about it at the moment as it is the first time I have ever had this. Just thought I would note the event and see how many others have seen it.

Regards

I was having that issue and discovered it was a TDR. TDR stands for timeout detection and recovery. Everthing just stops and  sometimes you get a black screen. If you are lucky, you might see the warning show up on the task bar.

Too see if you have had a TDR, go to event viewer, and look under warnings, not crashes.

I fixed it by re installing the video drivers.

Another thing I discovered that can cause it on some systems is when you select low res for VC in the aircraft settings in FSX.

The latter I cannot explain, as may be to with my system.

I have not had a freeze ,pause  or black display since. I am not saying either that this is the cure, just putting it out there.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

What does the Task Manager show regarding resources? Any other programmes stealing CPU cycles?

I had a problem with microsoft's antivirus causing pauses, albeit not as long as you describe. I get around the problem by disabling realtime protection when running FSX.

HERE IS THE SOLUTION BECAUSE IT'S APPARENTLY EASIER TO READ HERE THAN IT IS TO READ A MANUAL

:lol:

What's happening is the sim is getting confused.  What causes this is users hitting the 'S' key to cycle views in remote areas of the world.  When you cycle through the TOWER VIEW in the middle of nowhere, the sim can't find one and view updating can freeze up.  Hitting 'A' to cycle views within the VC tends to unfreeze everything.

This can be avoided by using the right click menu (ensure you have the UIAutomationcore.dll fix before utilizing this method) to change views.  If you prefer not to do that, just be careful in how you cycle views, or just remember the quick fix above.

...and I'm sorry, but I've finally hit my limit.  RTFM, please.

And since I posted the answer above, don't be getting on my case about being "unhelpful and rude."  I answered the question.

Not really: it just says they're aware of the issue.

It actually explains it in great detail, but I've posted the actual issue above so people don't have to go do insane things like...read.

...like they're doing here.

Kyle Rodgers