Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

Now I know what you all meant when you talked of.....

Agreed ^^

I don't use S or A keys ever. They are disabled through EZdock.

The one time I have had one of these freezes was on departure from KMIA about 1000ft FSX just froze...no sound nothing, PC was completely unresponsive. Left it for half an hour then gave up and reset the PC.

Never seen the issue again, cant blame my AV as FSX is excluded from scanning, FSX is on its own drive all run as admin UAC off. So its definitely not the whole story. Never had an OOM since I disabled some eyecandy and unused sceneries for flying longhaul.

And my VAS usage checked through process explorer is well within limits even after a 14/16 hour flight in real time. I don't use time acceleration.

Also could not reproduce the issue, just marked it down to FSX being FSX lol

Oh yeah and I have read most of the manual ;)

Cheers Douglas Reid

Edit I should add I have 31 flights in the 777 with over 100hrs so its not a show stopper for myself.

There must be more to it than that ...

I don't use S or A keys ever. They are disabled through EZdock.

Those are separate issues.  I took the original post to be the screen updating issue, not the actual sim freezing.  Of course, that's - ironically - because I didn't fully read the thread.  :blink:

The difference between the two would be that the screen updating still allows you to pan and change views, where a sim lock wouldn't.

It seems that the issue is the latter, and thus not an RTFM issue.  Darn...I thought I had this one pegged.

No it's not the displays Bryan it is fsx that is freezing.

That's what I'd assumed this was based on your first post in this thread.

This has been acknowledged in the issue tracking thread some time ago (unless yours doesn't ever recover):

Issues acknowledged and under investigation:

- Long pauses where the sim recovers after 30 seconds to a few minutes.

Kyle Rodgers

Julian,

your specs state nvidia, what is your driver version?

Thanks!!

Was using the latest Oli, have reverted back to 314.22

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

My cure for this was to delete the fsx.cfg and let FSX build a fresh one. I have not had any freezes since.

Worth a try if you haven't yet. Nothing to lose!

Hope this works for you all.

That's what I'd assumed this was based on your first post in this thread.

This has been acknowledged in the issue tracking thread some time ago (unless yours doesn't ever recover):
Issues acknowledged and under investigation:
- Long pauses where the sim recovers after 30 seconds to a few minutes.

Hmmm yes. My first post could have been clearer upon re-reading it. Relax though there buddy. 

Never mind. So far no repeat of this and I am aware that PMDG are looking into it. Like I said I was just curious how many have had it.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Was using the latest Oli, have reverted back to 314.22

Got a freeze (unfreezing after a couple of mins) with 314.22.

Currently checking a report attributing this to my other aircraft (A320 variants only).

Need to test my T7 with 314.22, as well: National holiday in Germany tomorrow ...   :P