Sign in to follow this  
corepunch

always get "no autoland" message

Well, following what Al said I finally got autoland (land 3) today:

"You will not get an Autoland/Land3 indication unless you set the Radio or Baro minimums height accordingly. I've not had a single issue since making this a standard part of my approach practice. "

I just load the T7 from the free flight menu.  It's never in a cold & dark state.  Some day I will have to give it a try :)

I have never used the cold & dark state since it was pronounced buggy at release - usually the 'Long Turn' state. EVERY approach without minimums set to something, Baro or Radio, resulted in No Autoland for me. Rene, did you actually keep the 'Land 3' all the way though touchdown, after that screen capture?

Maybe Ryan can pipe in here and comment if this has been an observed issue in the PMDG ticketing system or worth a second-look for the upcoming hotfix? Who knows, maybe it's a bug? Is there any absolute T7 requirement to set minimums for the Autoland/Land3 indications to work?

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Autoland only requires electrical config, radios, radio altimeter, and autopilot to be good to enable LAND3. You must also be established on the ILS and within a certain margin of error before 1500 ft RA, otherwise the autoland system will fail its checks, and won't activate (NO AUTOLAND).

EVERY approach without minimums set to something, Baro or Radio, resulted in No Autoland for me.

Interesting... will test here (you make me wonder if this is why I had NO AUTOLAND on my second ever flight with the 777).

Best regards,

Robin.

jordanal: Yes, its keeps till touchdown, then plane is flaring and rollig out without problems. The autoland every time is very smooth, but sometimes i also deactivate the AP in short final and land manually...

Yes, LOC/APP everything normal just I've been doing for decades, including thousands of landings on the NGX. I'm telling you, there is something odd or quirky about the Autoland system and the Radio/Baro setting (or not). Obviously somehow does not affect everyone, but it's not a procedure thing either. I assumed up until now, I missed something in the FCOM requiring Radio/Baro to be set for Autoland to work, but no-one has yet suggested otherwise.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

I have had this great airplane from 9/25/13...I used the Tutorial setup for my first flight...The plane flew flawless from take off to auto land...Since that first flight I have attempted to land at several airports in the U.S. without success using "auto land" These are the airports...KLAX, KLAS, KBOS using charts...In to Boston KBOS I was on the QUABN TWO arrival for ILS approach RWY 4R. Using the chart WINNI 4000', NABBO 3000', MILTT LOM 1700' LOC/DME 110.3 APP CRS 036 degrees...I was perfectly on the glide path as announced then about 0.9nm from touch down the announcement "NO AUTOLAND"

Another situation and maybe I misunderstand, but I had the impression than when you entered the ILS RWY for example 25L for KLAS or 4R for KBOS that it would set the ILS radio frequencies automatically in the Radio/NAV of the FMS..The NAV freq remains at ILS 113.70/000 m unless I change manually.

In the tutorial the Radio Altimeter was set at 50...Never used this in the PMDG 737 models, in the tutorial it worked, but not sure how to set it up for other airports...Somebody might enlighten me on this subject... Another issue, which is not related to autoland is that when I click with the mouse on the FMS or any other panel screen to enlarge into the bottom right corner of the screen it will show for 1ms the shape, however, it's solid black... I don't know if I received a corrupted download or not...

Bob Adams

Guys,

as always - if you want us to diagnose something, we need pictures.

Take a picture of "no autoland" indication. Put it here.

Had no time to read through the thread accurately so forgive me if I missed something.

I have the "no autoland" with "No Land 3" problem as well.

But so far only (and each time) I use a saved flight that goes from Bangkok to Vienna.

I did not pay much attention to it as I was busy with checking other things (VAS etc) but now that I see others have this too I thought I'd report.

Rob Robson

I can't get autoland anywhere, at any airport, add-on or legacy. 

Radio mins configured to 50 ft or 100 ft, flaps 20, airspeed down to landing Vref + 5, ILS is tuned in, localizer is on and approach is armed.  Never get the guideslope.  Here's a pic of me flying over Douglas (KCLT) with everthing ready to land on an ILS Cat III runway, but nothing happens.

This is really beginning to tick me off.  Same airports, NGX works fine.

Radio mins configured to 50 ft or 100 ft, flaps 20, airspeed down to landing Vref + 5, ILS is tuned in, localizer is on and approach is armed. Never get the guideslope. Here's a pic of me flying over Douglas (KCLT) with everthing ready to land on an ILS Cat III runway, but nothing happens.

Hi, Kattz,

There are two different issues here: getting an autoland and following the glideslope.  Since you can't do an autoland without being on the glideslope and localizer, let's concentrate on that.

From your screenshot you are receiving the glideslope and are locked on the localizer.   In your picture you are obviously too high and far above the glideslope, as you are nearly at the runway, and the glideslope dot on the PFD is at the bottom.  My question is, when you first started to see the glideslope active, were you above it or below it?  You should have been below. 

Mike

I have the "no autoland" with "No Land 3" problem as well. But so far only (and each time) I use a saved flight that goes from Bangkok to Vienna.

Hi, Rob,

If it's only one saved flight, I suggest you just forget about it.  Sometimes some glitch gets saved in a flight (or even a custom saved panel state) and it's just not worth the time to try to troubleshoot it.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi, Rob,

If it's only one saved flight, I suggest you just forget about it. Sometimes some glitch gets saved in a flight (or even a custom saved panel state) and it's just not worth the time to try to troubleshoot it.

Mike

I agree.

Radio mins configured to 50 ft or 100 ft, flaps 20, airspeed down to landing Vref + 5, ILS is tuned in, localizer is on and approach is armed. Never get the guideslope. Here's a pic of me flying over Douglas (KCLT) with everthing ready to land on an ILS Cat III runway, but nothing happens.

This is really beginning to tick me off. Same airports, NGX works fine.

The same happens if you try to ntercept the glideslope from below? Like level and Vref30+5 in 2000ft with Loc captured and GS armed?

EDIT:and please confirm, this happens with all your aircraft (even default FSX) except the NGX?

Rob Robson

Mike, I was originally on an intercept point to the glidescope at 2000 ft.  I was below the glidescope on the PFD originally with the g/s armed, and the aircraft just never intercepted it.  I could see it above the horizon line on the PFD. ILS radio was ok, speed and height was ok, decision ht was ok.  All I'm doing is flybys.

Rob, Everything I fly works except the 777.  I have never flown anything in the default aircraft but the MD80, 172, and air trike.