Sign in to follow this  
rsperge

Let Me have it, tell me like it is, Oh my!

Like many of us I have been using FSX since 98, and finally after updating so many times with new hardware and software, FSX seems to be running quite smoothly. FSX is a big hobby in my life after having 18 different operations since 2004 and being disabled from work

I understand Steve has worked very hard and diligently for this dx10 fixer.  Currently I am sitting ouside the fence, but of course like many of us, looking for that program to heighten or improve the FSX experience.

Of course I have all the usual addons, PMDG ngx, FS dreamteam airports, Rex Essential Plus etc etc.

With that said, and very seriously, how much better can I make FSX better, performance wise, grahphically, and so forth.

I am looking for a program that will be simple to install, and surely I don't want too many headaches afterwards.

Like mentioned earlier, finally with my current setup of using dx9, 3770k oc 4.4ghz, 780gtx, 8gigs memory 1883, windows 7 64 bit, coolmaster half 932, fsx seems to be running nice and smooth.

Thus convince me, what kind of improvement with my current setup, and what I mentioned above, would I see in FSX.

Concluding I am looking for a program that is nice and simple, with relatively few headaches, and that famous word,   Tweaking....

Tell me like it is, convince me, and let me have it!!!!!!

thanks, Ronny

There is SOOO much said already, so why don't you read all the other topics? I don't think anybody will say something to you here that hasn't be stated before.

I suggest you try the free shader patches on AVSim, that will give you a good impression on how DX10 will perform on your machine.

There have been a couple of topics started in this tone lately.

My instinctive reaction is to be less polite than I normally try to be

but I will resist it and simply echo Mark's comments.

I realise this post contributes nothing of value but then nor does the topic.

Damn, couldn't resist after all. :smile:

Regards,

Nick

Well I guess for the moment I will sit and wait, eventually I am sure down the line I will be purchasing Steve's fix, for dx10., but like I said earlier looking for a program that's simple and with not too many problems, like many of us earlier simmers have been tweeking fsx on and on.

My main issues, and their seems to be a bit of confusion are the following:

1-compatibility with all of my fly/Tampa airports - CYUL, KBOS, KBUF, KTPA, KMDW,  Latin VFR - KMIA vol2, KSAN, Flightbeam -  KIAD  Fs Dreamteam - KJFKvol2, KORD, KLAX, CYVR, KFLL.

2- I have a Nividia 780GTX - specifically, what setting do I use for Nivida Inspector, understand a couple of settings do not work in the nivida control panel, and finally what settings should I have in my fsx cfg file, referring to all these settings with AA.  With fsx in dx9 I use 8x in Nividia Inspector, and in fsx, I leave AA, unchecked, also in Nivida Inspector for Transparency  Supersampling, I have 4xSparse Grid Supersampling.

3 - in reference to Rex Essential Plus, I currently use their water settings, called sparkling, and in fsx, I set water to 2xlow.

Basically these are my main concerns, I understand the value of converting to dx10, better memory usage, specifically dealing with VAS,, and even a smoother sim.

Like I have mentioned earlier my sim is running pretty good under dx 9, but always looking to fine tune it, remember this is a 2006 program, that was coded wrong from the beginning.

thanks

Ronny

Hi

There are some good posts with details on NI settings and fsx cfg files, it made a big difference using those settings on my PC and also rolling back to lower resolution textures from AS2012 still on the fence myself as there are a few issues still in dx10 for me the low settings on all lights IE runway lights and AI traffic I hope that will be fixed, still have some work to do before I decide if I am staying with 10 or going back to 9

Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K