Sign in to follow this  
Perry333

are this temps to hot for video card

Hi , are this temps to hot for my video card when idle it runs at 48c/ 118f , when running FSX it runs up to 60c/ 145f+ . I have GTS 250 no oc, My quad core cpu q9450 when idle will be mid 50c and will run up to 60c - 65c during FSX. Are these temps ok, because I am having problem again with graphic corruption after FSX runs for awhile, gauges get wavy lines through them and computer will crash and restart. Had this problem before and I recently used Nick N guide did some adjustment within FSX and things where running really good. The other day downloaded real air legacy and started to have same problem again. tried to see if anything has changed but can't find anything. Any help much appreciated, Thanks Perry

Thanks for the reply I have quad core Q9450 o/c to 3.2, 4 GB mem, and the GTS 250 1 GB video card. Do think the video card could be a bottle next, I would think about getting in the GTX lower series if anyone thought that might help. Don't want to spend to much as I am trying to save for new computer.

You might try uninstalling the Real Air Legacy and see if it makes a difference.

Unless his temps are still like that even when the Legacy isn't loaded in the sim, uninstalling it doesn't really make sense as a solution. An aircraft causing performance issues will only do so if it is the actively selected aircraft. I would suggest to fly something like the default 172 and compare temps.

Brandon Filer

Unless his temps are still like that even when the Legacy isn't loaded in the sim, uninstalling it doesn't really make sense as a solution. An aircraft causing performance issues will only do so if it is the actively selected aircraft. I would suggest to fly something like the default 172 and compare temps.

I suggested this since the OP said that this problem started up after he added this.

Thanks for the replys again I will give uninstalling a try but I want to try a few other things first. Here is pic of what happens before FSX crashes if this will help with suggestion. Like I said had problem before did some changes with in FSX lowered setting all was good, then installed real air legacy a problem showed up again. Yes Default planes dont have this problem just seems like addon planes that are more demanding on system.

It could just be as simple as your CPU and GPU can not handle the load that you are driving it at with at the graphic/scenery settings you are using in FSX along with the payware aircraft you are flying.

Do you have, or can you borrow a better GPU to try?

No I don't but I tried a different plane the carenado money and it was fine no problems. I will try real air duke turbine next see how that works, but I agree it might be just to much for my system. Working on saving up for a new computer but that will be a little while yet. So I might have to put Legacy on hold for a bit. I have the legacy on all the lowest setting too. I thought that maybe I got a bad download somehow so I redownloaded and will do reinstall see if that makes any difference. Thanks for response.

PS it does not seem to matter what plane I fly the temps are the same.

Well I tried the real air duke b60 and turbine and they ran fine. I uninstalled legacy and did new download and install still have same problem. I used GPU monitoring program and max load on GPU was 87% with duke turbine. Everything else was getting high but not maxed out. It is just weird that I once had same problems with other plane seemed to get it fixed now it is just with legacy. I guess it is just pushing my computer to much. Any other thoughts appreciated.

I had video driver crashes frequently (every flight) until I started monitoring my video card temps.

I have a EVGA GTX 570 SC.

I noticed when the temps crept up to around 60c I would get a video driver crash 50% of the time. This would happen 100% of the time at 65c.

I know what temps video cards are suppose to tolerate but that is not the case with mine.

Since then I've under-clocked it to stock chip clocks so it is no longer a SC. I now have an alarm set for 60c and when it creeps up I will minimize FSX and temps will drop back down to low 50s.

I have been doing this for 6 months and have not experienced a crash in that time.

So just be aware that when someone tells you your temps are fine that is not the case 100% of the time. You mileage may vary.

Chuck Biggins

That mid 50's when idle seems awfully high. I run a Q9550 @ 3.8 and it idles at 39 on air..

Banner_MJC5.png

James D. Edwards

FlyVFR...

I wovld say that your issue was simply an unstable overclock rather than overheating.