Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

What's next PMDG? B787 maybe?

As I understand it, now that the T7 has been released, during the T7 build the 747 has been undergoing some reworking and perhaps a release sometime soon.

Ergo, the question begs to be asked:

"Is the next Boeing to be master-built by PMDG going to be the 787?"

I hope so!

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

They're making the DC-10 series next :wink: :Praying:.

There was a similar thread not too long ago and nobody knows what's coming next because they still have a few other projects to complete and I'm sure PMDG won't say anything until the time is right.

• Upvote 1

I hope PMDG will make B717!!

717 is a great Jerry I flew with them on airtran and Midwest airlines.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

Brian Pogorek

Why always the same threads.

717 is already confirmed not happening. PMDG has outright stated that they will not be doing a 717.

What's next?
PMDG 777-200LR hotfix, then service pack.

PMDG 777-300ER

PMDG 747-400v2 (and maybe 747-8 properly simulated with cockpit, engine, flight dynamics differences to the -400)

Maybe a 777-200ER (I hope so) not yet confirmed or denied.

737NGX Service Pack 2

PMDG DC-6

then a "secret" that will be "Different to the kinds of products we expect from PMDG".

Confirmed they don't do military aircraft (They can't get classified data and don't want to do a product based on a "best guess")

We already know they have some kind of agreement with Boeing.

We already know they have decided a long time ago not to do a 757.

I think the 787 is a logical choice, but they havn't confirmed anything on that front, just to say they don't have enough operational data yet. Whether "Yet" means "we will by the time the 777-300ER and 747v2 are released" or something else is not clear. 

What is more clear is the kind of timeframe we are looking at. I'd say there's a good 2 to 3 years work in the DC6, 777-300ER and 747v2 releases. Which should, on average mean about 72 more threads about 717's and 787's from fanbois that don't read the forum regularly enough to be bored of asking about projects that have been confirmed not happening yet, averaging slightly under 1 ever 2 weeks.

Personally I reccon we might have a 787 from PMDG in the ~5 year timeframe, not sure which simulator it will be for (FSX will be really old and 32 bit is starting to be a problem already with VAS limited OOM's.)

PMDG 717 won't happen. Ever. PMDG learned enough about low sales yields from uncommon airliners with the MD11. The 717 is basically a tiny 2 engined MD11 as far as the cockpit goes anyway (or to put it another way, an MD80/DC9 with an MD11 cockpit).

• Upvote 5

Not necessarily true.  PMDG stated they won't do a 757 whilst Level-D is still actively working on theirs; as apparently PMDG and LVLD are good pals and they don't want to step on their territory.  However, if LVLD stops development on their 757 than you can rest assured that PMDG will step in.

• Upvote 1

Not necessarily true.  PMDG stated they won't do a 757 whilst Level-D is still actively working on theirs; as apparently PMDG and LVLD are good pals and they don't want to step on their territory.  However, if LVLD stops development on their 757 than you can rest assured that PMDG will step in.

Considering the typical product development time... Yay! a 757 for 2095!

(yes, tounge in cheek.)

But seriously, with all the products already in the pipeline, we're probably looking at 2015 or 2016 before the 3 (4?) aircraft and 2 (more?) Service packs we already know about are all done.

HOW MANY TIMES PER DAY CAN SOMEONE POST THIS QUESTION?!?!?!?!?!?

• Upvote 9

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

HOW MANY TIMES PER DAY CAN SOMEONE POST THIS QUESTION?!?!?!?!?!?

Its a weekly ritual.

Jim B

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Why always the same threads.

717 is already confirmed not happening. PMDG has outright stated that they will not be doing a 717.

What's next?

PMDG 777-200LR hotfix, then service pack.

PMDG 777-300ER

PMDG 747-400v2 (and maybe 747-8 properly simulated with cockpit, engine, flight dynamics differences to the -400)

Maybe a 777-200ER (I hope so) not yet confirmed or denied.

737NGX Service Pack 2

PMDG DC-6

then a "secret" that will be "Different to the kinds of products we expect from PMDG".

Confirmed they don't do military aircraft (They can't get classified data and don't want to do a product based on a "best guess")

We already know they have some kind of agreement with Boeing.

I think the 787 is a logical choice, but they havn't confirmed anything on that front, just to say they don't have enough operational data yet. Whether "Yet" means "we will by the time the 777-300ER and 747v2 are released" or something else is not clear. 

What is more clear is the kind of timeframe we are looking at. I'd say there's a good 2 to 3 years work in the DC6, 777-300ER and 747v2 releases. Which should, on average mean about 72 more threads about 717's and 787's from fanbois that don't read the forum regularly enough to be bored of asking about projects that have been confirmed not happening yet, averaging slightly under 1 ever 2 weeks.

Personally I reccon we might have a 787 from PMDG in the ~5 year timeframe, not sure which simulator it will be for (FSX will be really old and 32 bit is starting to be a problem already with VAS limited OOM's.)

PMDG 717 won't happen. Ever. PMDG learned enough about low sales yields from uncommon airliners with the MD11. The 717 is basically a tiny 2 engined MD11 as far as the cockpit goes anyway (or to put it another way, an MD80/DC9 with an MD11 cockpit).

The 200ER will be created. In one of the manuals (Introduction.pdf if memory serves me well) it says so.

• Upvote 2

Its a weekly ritual.

Jim B

Weekly!?!?!?  It's becoming at least once a day.  I don't get how people can see how long it takes PMDG to produce one airplane.  They then have their next ~5 projects already announced.  So, that takes us out at least 5 years(and that's assuming a fast development cycle based on PMDG track record).  Probably more(not bashing PMDG here either for this btw).  Yet, everyone has to keep coming on here projecting the next plane or stating one PMDG should do just because they love that plane.  How many times do they have to post that they won't be doing it or, at the very least, it won't even be considered until the other planes slated to be developed are completed?

Just like each of their planes that will be released "when they're ready".  Asking every day for your favorite plane isn't going to change anything or make the time go any faster or cause PMDG all of a sudden to quadruple their productivity and start cranking out every plane ever made at "PMDG level" so the 10 people on the planet that want plane XXX can have their aircraft.  **Legal disclaimer, I don't know that only 10 people would buy a 787.  The point I'm trying to make is PMDG probably has some ideas on what will sell and what won't.  They aren't going to spend ~2 years development time creating a plane that will not sell.  That's what I'm trying to get across here and what some people can't seem to get across.

I've been trying for a long time now to not jump in on one of these threads because, you're right if you're going to say "why do I take the time to post this when I could just pass it by?".  I agree.  And, I'm not trying to say people shouldn't ask questions either.  I'm sure I'll catch some crap along both of these lines for posting this.  But this is just getting ridiculous the number of questions like this.  How many times do people have to read the answers to this before they get it?  I mean, I have a 4 year old daughter that gets things faster than some of these people are here.  Or, how many times does someone have to be told about this wonderful new technology called a "search engine" or Google, Bing, Yahoo?

Avsim - can we create a forum for "Why doesn't PMDG do this next?" and another one for the "PMDG release dates" and make those only show up for the people that need to ask these questions over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over..............................  This way those of us that get it and understand the business behind some of this don't have to even be bothered for that split second it takes to read the title of the post.

I don't mean to offend really or start a war - just calling it like I see it.

• Upvote 2

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Just to get it out of the way. PMDG will also not be producing any of the following:

A320

A330

A340

A350

A380

747-100

747-200

747-300

Tu154

IL76

Anything that isn't a 777, 747, 737BBJ, 737-900ER, or DC6 inside about 3 years.

clearly the next product will be one of these...
Airbus-concept.jpg

But in all seriousness, the next product announced could be a 787, considering that it will likely be a few years until there is another product announcement. But even then, I doubt it. A 787 will likely be many, many years from now and on a completely different sim platform.

• Upvote 2

Daniel Miller

Dead horse has been beaten to death,

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

Anything new from them won't even be announced for years and released for many years from now. By then boeing will have the 909 out and everyone will be asking if pmdg will be doing it.