Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

What's next PMDG? B787 maybe?

Not necessarily true.  PMDG stated they won't do a 757 whilst Level-D is still actively working on theirs; as apparently PMDG and LVLD are good pals and they don't want to step on their territory.  However, if LVLD stops development on their 757 than you can rest assured that PMDG will step in.

No, you cannot "rest assured" of that. The 757 is an aging aircraft at this point that's begun it's retirement process in the real world. United, Delta, American etc are replacing them with 737-900ERs and -9 MAXes and A321s now.

Our next project is a new 747-400 and -8, (this is a ground up rebuild similar to what we did with the NGX - it's not an "update" to the old 747 products as some are implying here). It'll have everything the 777 has and more.

• Upvote 6

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Now everyone has asked for PMDG to do everything from the Wright Flyer to Sir Bransons spaceship and everything in between.I personally would like to see PMDG do Icarus's Wings. :)

No, you cannot "rest assured" of that. The 757 is an aging aircraft at this point that's begun it's retirement process in the real world. United, Delta, American etc are replacing them with 737-900ERs and -9 MAXes and A321s now.

American still actively flies over 100 757s and, in fact, is currently upgrading them and that isn't even scheduled to be completed until 2015.  With several hundred 757s still in service all over the world today, combined with the wait time to get a new B737, I'm not holding my breath anytime soon.  There still is no other airplane that can satisfy what the 757 does (and what it was purposely built for).

bangHeadAgainstWall.gif[/url]

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Why always the same threads.

Because people refuse to read things in the past.

Perhaps it's a side-effect of the Facebook and Twitter life that so many people live in.  Oh, that status?  That was so 5 minutes ago!  Why would I go read that???  We need to post another thing because that discussion already happened.

...and like clockwork, cue the people who are going to come in and call us all meanieheads for making semi-negative comments about people not reading older threads.

American still actively flies over 100 757s and, in fact, is currently upgrading them and that isn't even scheduled to be completed until 2015.  With several hundred 757s still in service all over the world today, combined with the wait time to get a new B737, I'm not holding my breath anytime soon.  There still is no other airplane that can satisfy what the 757 does (and what it was purposely built for).

Eh...not so much.  The stretched 737s can accomplish a lot of what the 752s do.

I think more of it is just the Delta-west syndrome of "well, it's paid for."  They still fly their DC9s.  They fly those because they're paid for, not because no other aircraft can do what it does.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Perhaps it's a side-effect of the Facebook and Twitter life that so many people live in

I cannot remember the last update that I made on Facebook. I never really saw the reason Twitter is even there, other than to destroy the English language.

• Upvote 4

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

I never really saw the reason Twitter is even there, other than to destroy the English language.

OMG liek y wuld u evr say that? #false #hashtag

• Upvote 8

Kyle Rodgers

True but the 757s along with the S80s and 767-200s are in the process of being retired. Airbuses are replacing much of the 757 and 767-200s flying and 737s the S80s. You will notice they haven't painted any of those planes in the new livery yet.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

I think they will do the 787 for the simple reason that RSR will not have to worry about releasing a product with bugs in it.....they way the 787 is going they will just be considered an accurate simulation of the real thing! :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I think we should be allowed to vote for the next PMDG plane...  I'll start with two choices:

IL-86

or (preferably both)

HS121 Trident

:P

Ian R Tyldesley

they way the 787 is going they will just be considered an accurate simulation of the real thing!

Holy crud. It only took someone 23 posts to post something negative about the 787. :rolleyes:

I think we should be allowed to vote for the next PMDG plane...  I'll start with two choices:

IL-86

or (preferably both)

HS121 Trident

:P

Do I have to learn Russian to fly the Il-86?

• Upvote 2

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Of course...  I wouldn't want it any other way.  I purchased the Russian version of the KA-50 from DCS, just for the Russian language support both from the "######in Betty"(...or Svetlana i guess) and the cockpit symbols.  Has to be authentic.  :lol:

Ian R Tyldesley

That's the only way I'll fly it.

For some reason, I still remember that APU looks like "bcy" from the Project Tupolev 154.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Eh...not so much. The stretched 737s can accomplish a lot of what the 752s do.

I think more of it is just the Delta-west syndrome of "well, it's paid for." They still fly their DC9s. They fly those because they're paid for, not because no other aircraft can do what it does.

I agree that the 737-800 and 900ER can cover the bulk of what the 752 can do, and it pretty much has on domestic routes.  As airlines such as American begin to take delivery of their -800s they'll start replacing the 752s on the routes where they don't need the capacity, but then American will just move them to international, long-haul routes - which you'll mostly see on the US East Coast to inter-Europe or the West Coast to Hawaii.

However, there is still a gap there for some of the US airlines - the Airbus NEO and the Boeing MAX will not have the range to reach Hawaii or Europe from the inter parts of the US (such as United in Denver, US Airways in PHX or Philadelphia, Delta in Cincinnati, etc).  While a 757 replacement is being researched, I think you'll also see some airlines ordering the B787-800 in a few years to try and replace those 757 and 767s.  I still think, for the most part, the 757 has a long life ahead; mostly as a function of delivery slots being years away (for current 737s), MAX and NEO slots are even further away, the much lower cost of the 757, and the cargo market.  I think we're 10-15 years away from the point where 757s start to become more rare.

While a 757 replacement is being researched, I think you'll also see some airlines ordering the B787-800 in a few years to try and replace those 757 and 767s.

787-8

Boeing's dropping the zeroes on the newer models.

I think we're 10-15 years away from the point where 757s start to become more rare.

Never said we weren't.  I just said that the 737-900 can cover a lot of what the 752 does in response to your "no other aircraft" comment.  Don't get me wrong.  I'd love to see a well-modeled 757.

Kyle Rodgers