Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

What's next PMDG? B787 maybe?

True but the 757s along with the S80s and 767-200s are in the process of being retired. Airbuses are replacing much of the 757 and 767-200s flying and 737s the S80s. You will notice they haven't painted any of those planes in the new livery yet.

I've noticed that AA withdrew them from ORD.

A 787 sounds great, but keep in mind the timing would mean at least a couple of years of development, when you consider the lengths the PMDG team takes to make it as accurate as possible.  Plus factor in the time it will take to finish the 777 series and the 747v2, and any planned updates to the NGX.

In the meantime, I'm fulfilled with the NGX and the T7 since I can fly virtually anywhere and cover  a vast choice of short, medium, and long haul options that parallel real world operations.

And thanks to Ryan for answering such a repeated question.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

I think it was proven scientifically, that people always choose the easiest solution to their problem. If they have a question they ask instead of searching. I think also some of the reactions are bad, and perhaps even worse than the repeated thread now and then...

• Upvote 1

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I think they will do the 787 for the simple reason that RSR will not have to worry about releasing a product with bugs in it.....they way the 787 is going they will just be considered an accurate simulation of the real thing! :rolleyes:

Actually its easier to develop perfection than to deliberately simulate problems...

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

An NGX good update would be enough by now for me... That's an aircraft that doesn't get me tired... 

OMG liek y wuld u evr say that? #false #hashtag

#lol #ROFL

1 of the best posts ive seen 4 evr

I don't think the next announced project would be a 787 if its "something that would surprise you" that wouldn't be that surprising. Or was that the DC-6... memory is failing me ATM.

But YOLO right?

Please, no more "big" jet. 

We need a "PMDG level" Regional Aircraft (50/90 seat)!!!

-Umberto Boni

Please, no more "big" jet. 

-Umberto Boni

try out the majestic Dash Q400 mate!

• Upvote 2

Peter Osborn

As I understand it, now that the T7 has been released, during the T7 build the 747 has been undergoing some reworking and perhaps a release sometime soon.

Ergo, the question begs to be asked:

"Is the next Boeing to be master-built by PMDG going to be the 787?"

I hope so!

They still have a lot of unfinished business with their current product line.

1. NGX SP2 which includes stuff they are bringing to the NGX from the 777 technology-wise. Also the - 900ER and –700ER models.

2. The 777-300ER and -200ER expansion packs

3. The 777-200LR SP1 and the hotfix before that.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

Eric 

-Umberto Boni

+1

But the coming 777 ER and 747 V2 and 737 SP2 goodness is going to be awesome for sure.

Shame to see the DC-6 continuing to shrink in the distance though. I'm afraid it will disappear.

• Upvote 1

For some reason, I still remember that APU looks like "bcy" from the Project Tupolev 154.

воспомогателная силовая установка

basically means the same thing as APU. You could also see TA-6A sometimes, that is the APU type.

787-8

Boeing's dropping the zeroes on the newer models.

Not to mention starting at random high numbers.

We have a new model of plane with several variants. What will we call the First variant?

We will call it 8

And the second variant?

We will call it 9

and the third?

um... there's more than two? we'd better change from a Base ten numeracy system to something bigger.

New Boeing Alphabet teaching song.

X, Y, Z, now I know my Alphabet. X, Y, Z.

Yes, Airbus did it too.. It seems that 1234567 have gone out of fasion.

"It's an A380, because it's like double the size of an A340, and the 8 looks like the double decker fuselage. The first version will be a -800, because 8's are cool. and then we will make an even bigger version called the -900. because 900 is bigger than 800."

and the third version?

didn't think of that...

And Boeing seem to be stealing your silly idea of starting at number 8 instead of 1.

Boeing: No, they're building a -800. We're totally different. we're building a -8.

Eight hundred?

no, just -8.

Totally different.

Not copying at all.

really.

*crickets chirping*

You do have to wonder about the 787 in FSX. More computers... I see enough people complaining about the 777's automation lol. 

In a way I am secretly excited for the new 747-400V2. Maybe not nearly as much as I was for the 777 - but I like the idea of having two big heavies to fly and one being modern whilst the other more of a classic! That's of course if you can pull one away from his 300ER  :P

• Upvote 1

Not to mention starting at random high numbers.

Not random. Nowhere near random.

You will notice that the big deal today is to get into the asian markets. Asians are superstitious. They like the number 8 very, very much. If it weren't so, we would probably have a 747-500 and a 787-200. And maybe A350 and A360 instead of A380 and A350.

and the third?
um... there's more than two? we'd better change from a Base ten numeracy system to something bigger.

What's wrong with 787-10?

and the third version?
didn't think of that...

What's wrong with A350-1000?

As far as the Boeing numbering goes a Boeing employee told me the new numbers seem to match the range figures for the planes. 8=8000 miles, 9=9000 miles. Now he was quick to mention that this is just a theory and by no means official but he felt there was logic to it.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg