Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

What's next PMDG? B787 maybe?

The horses mouth is in the video right above you!

I was starting to think they tought different English in Canada. Thanks for reminding me there are people there who can read and click on links.

I was starting to think they tought different English in Canada. Thanks for reminding me there are people there who can read and click on links.

No they teach us aboot good English up here eh?

No idea about that, lad, really, have yet to visit the colonies :)

• Upvote 1

Some company has to start making quality airbus's the airbus x extended is great but I would like a pmdg quality a320

Some company has to start making quality airbus's the airbus x extended is great but I would like a pmdg quality a320

Not to point people to PMDG Competitors, but if you look up FS Labs A320, you'll find something that may be of interest.

Not to point people to PMDG Competitors, but if you look up FS Labs A320, you'll find something that may be of interest.

yep, but it's nice to make a choice, PMDG A320 and FSlab A320.

But as PMDG is american, i don't think they will do european aircraft like Airbus A320-A330..A340, ATR42-72..... unfortunately

But as PMDG is american, i don't think they will do european aircraft like Airbus A320-A330..A340, ATR42-72..... unfortunately

Dunno...you'd be surprised...

Airbus' spares center is across the street from where I work.  Their Americas HQ is across the street from my old apartment (and IAD).  One of their subsidiaries is between my office and IAD (just north of the IAD employee lot).

There's a strong presence here.

Kyle Rodgers

But as PMDG is american, i don't think they will do european aircraft.... unfortunately

You mean like the British Aerospace Jetstream 41 that they made....

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

You mean like the British Aerospace Jetstream 41 that they made....

My bad, which they made airbuses, ATR , SSJ 100, EMBRER 500 though  :)

An airbus A330 would be fantastic... But I also doubt that Airbus is even considered. Did they once expulse of doing Airbus or not ?

The biggest issue with Airbus is that they don't license FS products and support them like Boeing does. Boeing will allow certain companies information about how the aircraft works, give them sim time, etc etc. However, at Airbus, the only way to get information in some cases is through pilots and airlines, not Airbus itself. This is what aerosoft said a while back about why their planes are taking so long, they just don't have the data they need.

Just to illustrate my earlier point about proximity, I passed by both buildings on the way back from the doc earlier:

IMG_3077.JPG

Americas HQ

IMG_3078.JPG

Customer Service Spares Center

(Just barely identifiable in the pic with the tail logo to the right of the tree - the semi/lorry/whatever blocks the other blue striping)

It's definitely not a fully foreign brand.  They hire a lot of locals to staff those offices (along with their Metron office, which is a subsidiary, in between the two offices).  I will echo the points of the others, though, that they don't seem particularly interested in the flight sim hobby.

Kyle Rodgers

And what about Embraer?.It Isn't an option?. 

With the FSimLabs Airbus, the B787 being developed by Quality Wings, and the NGX, T7 we would probably have all corners covered, except by Embraer which is gaining popularity around the world. Level-D should update his B767 like PMDG is planning to do with his B747.

Dont think so... .The B787 seems to display EFB as a main feature and we dont even have that on the B777x.

regards,

Ronald

I am kinda over Boeings now. 747v2 will be the last boeing I will ever buy.

I am looking now for someone to develop a good heavy Airbus. Like A380 or 340/350.

I know NLS are working on A380 for quite a long time - but is it par with PMDG's quality is yet to be seen.