Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

What's next PMDG? B787 maybe?

The PMDG 777 for FLY II was way better....it had coffee.

fly!0058.jpg

Jason...where is my coffee? :P

Henk de Vries

Again guys.  Qualitywings is making the 787.  Qualitywings makes good aircraft.  Not quite at the PMDG level that's for sure...but they have spent A LOT of time on the 787 and if you look at their previews of it...it will be PMDG level quality.  PMDG will not being doing a 787.  They have stated they have hot fixes and and updates for current models.  In all honesty expect them to announce a project for the 737MAX in the years to come because that is the next major aircraft to be release and is going to be similar to the NGX series.

In what way do you consider the NGX to be outdated, then? (Aside from weather radar, but we know they're working on that part.)

Again guys.  Qualitywings is making the 787.  Qualitywings makes good aircraft.  Not quite at the PMDG level that's for sure...but they have spent A LOT of time on the 787 and if you look at their previews of it...it will be PMDG level quality.  PMDG will not being doing a 787.  They have stated they have hot fixes and and updates for current models.  In all honesty expect them to announce a project for the 737MAX in the years to come because that is the next major aircraft to be release and is going to be similar to the NGX series.

I was at the Flight-Sim 2014 show at RAF Cosford England earlier this month where Quality Wings president Corey Ford showcased the 787. He willingly admitted that the level of detail on the systems will not be PMDG quality as they are not there yet as a company, they produce their products in their spare time (they have day jobs!), but the external model was impressive. So it leaves a gap in the market for a PMDG quality 787, I personally would love to see it...I guess we'll have to wait and see...

To be honest QW's 787 looks great and would fit my needs as long as it has all the normal systems and a fully functioning FMS. The visual quality is great! 

Now, since PMDG made the 777 a 787 would (or could rather) be the next logical step since those two aircaft are very similar system-vise. It'd be tremendous to see a PMDG level 787 with accurate wingflex, sounds and a HUD for both pilots. 

I've already mentioned this once but I don't see what aircraft they might do next after they finish the 747-400/-8 series and maybe release the highly requested 777-200ER expansion. We were told there will be no 757/767 or 737 classic. 

As far as I remember, word on the next development was pretty much this, by RSR himself:

"The project after the 747v2 will be something somewhat unusual for us. Something you won't quite expect from us."

I would venture a guess and say... No Boeing.

The 787 is (becoming) too popular not to be done at a decent level in FSX, whether PMDG will do it or someone else is yet to be seen, but it will come.

Beside planes, is there anything MAJOR to be released in the next year or 2 in the Flight Sim world that'll really up the experience.

Paul Gugliotta

An NGX good update would be enough by now for me... That's an aircraft that doesn't get me tired... 

Same here, fingers crossed for the 737-900ER, too bad that one wasn't included in the original release. 

So is PMDG sticking with American Planes? No Airbus? 

I understand Boeing is much better to fly and that you have correspondence of Boeing when developing your products, just wondering  :P

Weekly!?!?!?  It's becoming at least once a day.  I don't get how people can see how long it takes PMDG to produce one airplane.  They then have their next ~5 projects already announced.  So, that takes us out at least 5 years(and that's assuming a fast development cycle based on PMDG track record).  Probably more(not bashing PMDG here either for this btw).  Yet, everyone has to keep coming on here projecting the next plane or stating one PMDG should do just because they love that plane.  How many times do they have to post that they won't be doing it or, at the very least, it won't even be considered until the other planes slated to be developed are completed?

Just like each of their planes that will be released "when they're ready".  Asking every day for your favorite plane isn't going to change anything or make the time go any faster or cause PMDG all of a sudden to quadruple their productivity and start cranking out every plane ever made at "PMDG level" so the 10 people on the planet that want plane XXX can have their aircraft.  **Legal disclaimer, I don't know that only 10 people would buy a 787.  The point I'm trying to make is PMDG probably has some ideas on what will sell and what won't.  They aren't going to spend ~2 years development time creating a plane that will not sell.  That's what I'm trying to get across here and what some people can't seem to get across.

I've been trying for a long time now to not jump in on one of these threads because, you're right if you're going to say "why do I take the time to post this when I could just pass it by?".  I agree.  And, I'm not trying to say people shouldn't ask questions either.  I'm sure I'll catch some crap along both of these lines for posting this.  But this is just getting ridiculous the number of questions like this.  How many times do people have to read the answers to this before they get it?  I mean, I have a 4 year old daughter that gets things faster than some of these people are here.  Or, how many times does someone have to be told about this wonderful new technology called a "search engine" or Google, Bing, Yahoo?

Avsim - can we create a forum for "Why doesn't PMDG do this next?" and another one for the "PMDG release dates" and make those only show up for the people that need to ask these questions over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over..............................  This way those of us that get it and understand the business behind some of this don't have to even be bothered for that split second it takes to read the title of the post.

I don't mean to offend really or start a war - just calling it like I see it.

Well said, Kevin. Couldn't have said any better myself. This is so ridiculous!

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

To be honest QW's 787 looks great and would fit my needs as long as it has all the normal systems and a fully functioning FMS. The visual quality is great! 

Now, since PMDG made the 777 a 787 would (or could rather) be the next logical step since those two aircaft are very similar system-vise. It'd be tremendous to see a PMDG level 787 with accurate wingflex, sounds and a HUD for both pilots. 

I've already mentioned this once but I don't see what aircraft they might do next after they finish the 747-400/-8 series and maybe release the highly requested 777-200ER expansion. We were told there will be no 757/767 or 737 classic. 

The QW 787 is beautiful, but what's with all the rivets?

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

It would be amazing to see PMDG 787 version, but before, I'm still sad that PMDG will drop MD-11 from P3D list, it's an amazing aircraft !

The whole family is great 737, 757, 767, 747, 787 and MD-11 this would be the ideal an perfect scenario =D

The QW 787 is beautiful, but what's with all the rivets?

The real 787 has quite a few rivets as well, especially around the cockpit area.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/All-Nippon-Airways/Boeing-787-8-Dreamliner/2461840/L/&sid=7aa2642e1cfea7cc58b4590a5743c83d

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Ethiopian-Airlines/Boeing-787-8-Dreamliner/2422172/L/&sid=7aa2642e1cfea7cc58b4590a5743c83d

They're just a lot less obvious from further away.