This is for my old card. New one arrives in half an hour.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old GTX 580 i7 3770K at 4.5

PMDG 737 NGX

FSX EGLL 27L

FSX Grey and Rainy weather scenario

With frame rate unlocked

FSX tweaks:

UsePools=0

AffinityMask=14

HIGHMEMFIX=1

8XS Combined VC 45

8XS Combined 2 x SGSS VC 45

8XS Combined 4 x SGSS VC 41 artefacts outside view with BP=0

8XSQ Combined VC 45

8XSQ Combined 2 x SGSS VC 44

8XSQ Combined 4 x SGSS VC 42 artefacts outside view with BP=0

Battlefield 3 Strike at Karkland

Frame rate ranged from 47 - 78. Most of the time at 65.

Okay chaps, this is the result...

Scenario is PMDG 737, at EGLL runway 27L. Weather is FSX grey and rainy.

Frame rate is set to unlimited.

I'm using BP=0, AF=14 and of course HIGHMEMFIX.

I should mention, with frame rate unlimited, some scenarios result in artefacts when panning in an outside view, due to the massive amount of data the GTX 580 has to deal with as a result of BP=0.

GTX 580

8XS Combined 4 x SGSS VC 41 artefacts outside view, when panning.

8XSQ Combined VC 45

8XSQ Combined 4 x SGSS VC 42 artefacts outside view when panning.

BF3 Strike at Karkland. 47-78, mostly 65.

New EVGA GTX 770. 4 GB Duel BIOS.

8XS Combined VC 45

8XS Combined 2 x SGSS VC 47

8XS Combined 4 x SGSS VC 45 No artefacts with the GTX 770. Due to the 4 GB memory perhaps.

8XSQ Combined VC 46

8XSQ Combined 2 x SGSS VC 45

8XSQ Combined 4 x SGSS VC 46 artefacts outside view when panning.

BF3 Strike at Karkland. 96-120 Mostly 105. :Shocked: 

So...

3 or 4% increase in performance without SGSS. And 10% increase in performance with SGSS.

BF3 an astonishing 90% increase in performance!

I should mention, with frame rate unlimited, some scenarios result in artefacts when panning in an outside view, due to the massive amount of data the GTX 580 has to deal with as a result of BP=0.

GTX 580

8XS Combined 4 x SGSS VC 41 artefacts outside view, when panning.

8XSQ Combined VC 45

8XSQ Combined 4 x SGSS VC 42 artefacts outside view when panning.

8XS Combined VC 45

8XS Combined 4 x SGSS VC 45 No artefacts with the GTX 770. Due to the 4 GB memory perhaps.

8XSQ Combined VC 46

8XSQ Combined 4 x SGSS VC 46 artefacts outside view when panning.

So...

3 or 4% increase in performance without SGSS. And 10% increase in performance with SGSS.

Hey thanks for those results it makes thinking about cards a lot easier when you see other peoples experiences. The GTX 770 is it good card and basically a respin of the 680 which was a beast in its own right.

Can you do an extended flight at 4xSGSS and tell me how that goes something like an hour to an hour and a half in that weather scenario you described. What was it called grey and raining?

Or could I send you a custom weather scenario? How do I extract that from FSX? I ask because I have a few custom saved ones that were created by opus that I really like.

C.

GTX 580

8XS Combined 4 x SGSS VC 41 artefacts outside view, when panning.

8XSQ Combined VC 45

8XSQ Combined 4 x SGSS VC 42 artefacts outside view when panning.

8XS Combined VC 45

8XS Combined 4 x SGSS VC 45 No artefacts with the GTX 770. Due to the 4 GB memory perhaps.

8XSQ Combined VC 46

8XSQ Combined 4 x SGSS VC 46 artefacts outside view when panning.

So...

hello . are you using vsync in these tests ? 

cheers

Yes I am using V-Sync, however I have a 120 Hz monitor.

So not near 120 frames per second, so i could get away with V-Sync off without fear of tearing.

Something I'll try perhaps tomorrow.

Yes I am using V-Sync, however I have a 120 Hz monitor.

So not near 120 frames per second, so i could get away with V-Sync off without fear of tearing.

Something I'll try perhaps tomorrow.

Vertical tearing happens no matter what speed your monitor is. If you have trackIr, it can be really apparent as you pan left and right. But then again. I have not had more than 75Hz for a long time so I could be talking our of my arse.

But without vsync, tearing will happen no matter what my fps are.

Charles.

I can report the same improvements for FSX with my new GTX 760 4GB dual bios, it will self OC to 1250mhz. Good powerful GPU.

I have 30FPS locked now everywhere, but very high stutter with PMDG 777, I don't know why, I hope PMDG will optimize this great plane.

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

PMDG 777 overcast 1024x1024 clouds 30FPS locked min 28-29

Here is a picture from my sim, bad weather, overcast. It's from my facebook page that's why it's pixelated. 

I use 8XS Combined 4 x SGSS

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

Vertical tearing happens no matter what speed your monitor is. If you have trackIr, it can be really apparent as you pan left and right. But then again. I have not had more than 75Hz for a long time so I could be talking our of my arse.

Charles.

I'm not an expert on VSync either. The way I understand tearing, in regard to VSync, is that it occurs more commonly when your frame rate exceeds you monitors refresh rate. Given that my refresh rate is 120 Hz, I would see no/minimal tearing below 120 FPS. I have tried briefly without VSync a while back, and didn't see any tearing as I recall.

I mean it is well known, that one way to reduce tearing with Vsync off, is to increase graphical settings so as to reduce frame rate, lower than refresh rate.

Anyway, I will try it later and let you know.

I'm sure you're probably right. It's not something I've researched.

As you can see from my previous post I have steady 30 FPS, but I have stutters when mouse arrow is on the screen! This mouse problem is killing me, I hope PMDG will resolve this issue. I don't have this problem with other developers and other aircrafts run like knife through butter, silky smooth. When it comes to NGX and 777 mouse cursor takes all the joy!! 

Regards, Albert Miu

As you can see from my previous post I have steady 30 FPS, but I have stutters when mouse arrow is on the screen! This mouse problem is killing me, I hope PMDG will resolve this issue. I don't have this problem with other developers and other aircrafts run like knife through butter, silky smooth. When it comes to NGX and 777 mouse cursor takes all the joy!! 

Actually all add-ons suffer from frame rate drop with mouse cursor on screen. Not sure why you get stutters.

It is worse in PMDG aircraft, I agree.

They may be able to improve it, but not fix it, It's an FSX bug.

Charles.

Well, as I said I would, I have tested with no VSync.

I saw no tearing at all. No different to with it on.

Went mad with different add-ons. No tearing.

Well, then, let's hope they will improve like Q400!

Regards, Albert Miu