Hello guys! 

I have some money to spend on a new GPU, i thought at a GTX 760 OC 4GB.

Is it worth to invest the money on it, should I see improvements over my old GTX 480, maybe 5-6 FPS ? 

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

Nobody? 

I'm thinking at GTX770 2gb or 760 OC 4gb

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

Nobody? 

I'm thinking at GTX770 2gb or 760 OC 4gb

As P3D 2.0 is around the corner you may consider a look into their forum. There is a thread with a question if it would be better to invest into a 770 or a 780 and one of the development team stated: get as much as you can afford! P3D 2.0 will stretch the limits of all modern GPU.

I have no idea if the GTX 770 2GB will prevail over the 760 OC 4GB! It is, however, likely that it is dependent on your personal settings: A multi-screen setup with very high resolution my work better with 4 GB than with 2 GB but I am not a developer...

My personal decision is to wait until 2.0 is out (LM says this year) and we see what serves it best.

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

Hi, less than week ago i have changed my GTX460 to GTX760.

I cannot see any change, no any fps gain.

From my perspective upgrading GPU is waste of money if u are using only FSX, and do not play other games.

Artur 

I use only FSX, I don't play any other games, but I saw other users here on the forum that after they have change their GPU have gain at least 5FPS with the new one, which for me is more than enough to keep my FPS at a steady 30FPS. If I'm able to gain even 5FPS is justifed for me to spend 400$

Hi, less than week ago i have changed my GTX460 to GTX760.

I cannot see any change, no any fps gain.

From my perspective upgrading GPU is waste of money if u are using only FSX, and do not play other games.

What GTX760 have you got, the OC version??? The OC version have a clock speed of 1087GHZ wich in my opinion should help you gain some FPS , because it process the texture very quickly and the CPU have more room to work!

Regards, Albert Miu

If anyone changes their GPU expecting to gain frames, then they will be sorely disappointed, unless it's maybe a card from the dark ages! There may be some increase in performance in cloud and some additional AA handling depending on the GPU.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Dear "Jackal"

I have 760 OC / 2Gb.Gigabyte

Yes, u  are right about clock value, u can go even higher with given soft "OC Guru".

I can only said what is my experience - gain nothing, i have not seen even 2 fps not saying about request 5

My old 460 1Gb ( OC by NVIDIA inspector ) was giving me same fps as 760 OC.

I think those 400$ u can spend in better way than investing into new graphic board.

Somewhere i read that 650 Ti is sufficient for FSX and everything higher is redundant, now i would say - i agree.

On the other hand i read some folks there who report huge improvement after changing to GTX7... so maybe i am negative example.

Artur 

Let me tell you my short story. 

Before my current GTX480,I had an Ati 6870 1GB 950Mhz clock speed, with that Ati I was getting 30FPS locked 24-25FPS with NGX at EGLL.

I had an opportunity to change that Ati with my current GTX480 1.5GB 700Mhz clock speed, this was the worst deal in my life, now my FSX runs at 27-28FPS and 20-22FPS with NGX at EGLL. That's when I realize that my previous Ati was running with 30FPS because of it's core speed (950Mhz).

Now I want to buy this 760 because it's OC to 1084Mhz, so in theory will help me gain and maintain 30FPS.

Am I wrong???

Regards, Albert Miu

i do not know if u are wrong, i did follow more or less same thinking way and result was rather disappointing.

Maybe there is a chance to borrow such card for day or two and test it?, or buy with return option - that would be the best solution.

Artur 

Let me tell you my short story. 

Before my current GTX480,I had an Ati 6870 1GB 950Mhz clock speed, with that Ati I was getting 30FPS locked 24-25FPS with NGX at EGLL.

I had an opportunity to change that Ati with my current GTX480 1.5GB 700Mhz clock speed, this was the worst deal in my life, now my FSX runs at 27-28FPS and 20-22FPS with NGX at EGLL. That's when I realize that my previous Ati was running with 30FPS because of it's core speed (950Mhz).

Now I want to buy this 760 because it's OC to 1084Mhz, so in theory will help me gain and maintain 30FPS.

Am I wrong???

Sorry but this comparison is way off just because one GPU runs at 700Mhz compared to one running at 950Mhz does not mean one is faster than the other unless you are talking about the same graphics card line.

Example, My GTX 780 Boost clock is 902Mhz. The GTX 760 you refer to is 1084Mhz. Which one do you think is faster? GTX 780 of course.

Just had to clear that up for you. Consensus is that Nvidia is also the superior card manufacturer as far as FSX goes.

GTX 760 will be faster, quiter and more power efficient than a GTX 480. Will it make a difference for you in FSX? Yes, but it won't be mind blowing. It should help smooth things out and give you an extra couple FPS here or there. Main benefit will be less FPS drop in clouds assuming you're running some decent AA levels.

FSX is CPU limited. You will get little to no improvement. Look for the benchmarking article by Doug Horton.

You won't gain any frame rates going from gtx 480 to gtx 760.

I'll tell you tomorrow.

I had to buy a new card. My GTX 580 is being put aside for another rig.

Went for an EVGA GTX 770 super clocked 4 GB.

If I gain nothing in FSX it's no big deal, as I needed a new card anyway. And I don't just play FSX, I play games too.

So we will see. I'll test the GTX 580 today, and compare with the 770 when it arrives tomorrow.

Should be interesting.

Hi martin

how is the performance on your new video card

wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

:biggrin:

As I said less than 3 hours ago...

It arrives tomorrow.

I'll be sure to give you a full report then.