Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG Operations Center 1.6.1 - report issues here

I have noticed on Windows 8, that the settings menu does not fully display, it is OK on Windows 7. I realize that PMDG has not yet tested the 777 fully on Windows 8, but wonder if there is a work around. Also, I had heard there was a provision for blanking the F/O's panels to improve FPS. Is this true , a nd if so  how can  I implement it

Ron

Ron Service

Argh the anxious tension and anticipation I feel!!! 2 shiny new Nvidia 2Gig GTX 760's all SLI'ed and ready to GO! But until this ops center thing gets sorted...

May your logbooks always maintain the correct ratio of landings to takeoffs! 

Robert

When I open up the pmdg operations center I get this message about the 777 c\program files (x86)\pmdg operations center \ product module 777.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support I I have not update it from 1.5 to 1.6.1 I just got this massage it's not even in the operations center when I open it

When I open up the pmdg operations center I get this message about the 777 c\program files (x86)\pmdg operations center \ product module 777.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support I I have update it to 1.6.1 I just got this massage it's not even in the operations center when I open it from Paudie

I am unable to submit any support tickets.

It used to work in the past, and I have one old ticket listed in my history.

But since that one ticket that does show up, I have submitted 3 more!

I am either doing something wrong or my tickets are being blocked somehow.

Any help would be appriciated.

Thx.

Rob Robson

I note that some of the airline specific settings set with OC do not seem to transfer to the aircraft.  I still have to set some things, such as the range rings, lbs/kg, etc. manually using the FMC.  Also, why don't 737NGX liveries show up?

Thanks.

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

I am unable to submit any support tickets.

It used to work in the past, and I have one old ticket listed in my history.

But since that one ticket that does show up, I have submitted 3 more!

I am either doing something wrong or my tickets are being blocked somehow.

Any help would be appriciated.

Thx.

Ok, problem seems to be solved :-)

Thx.

Rob Robson

I've been in this hobby (and REAL aviation) since the Apple IIE Computer. I've seen SO many of the latest and greatest expansion pre-release hype and the downright overreacting, childish, impatient frenzy that some get themselves worked up into a lather over with these things from day 1 pretty much. The developers for the most part can tune most of it out and concentrate on the real task at hand, delivering on what they just promised you. They'll say that they don't feel the pressure, or in anyway compelled to rush a half complete, sub-standard product out the door to the teeming masses just to hear the cash register slam into overdrive and start throwing rods and blowing gaskets. They say. I've imagined myself in that position MANY times, and they'd all have to be some non-human, physically, emotionally, and indeed psycologically detatched lot in order to NOT feel the pressure. Certain devs are better at coping with the mass hysteria better than others, PMDG being a prime example. In many cases, wresting control once again and restoring some semblance of order. IMHO, I'd say PMDG is the Rolls Royce of the FS add-on community. A certain "Quality over quickness" approach, and "we'll release it on release day." attitude that angers, frustrates, indeed, infuriates some. But, at the end, we get to install on our computer a kind of "Electronic artistry" that VERY few developers in this industry would dare dream of creating. And they do it under CONSTANT barrage of at least "Best left for a later date" questions to inane, pointless, and overall impractical questions for a given state of development.

With the T7, PMDG got me to do something I would never for a second consider when purchasing from any other developer, and had never done with even them. I shelled out over 100 dollars (as did we all I know) to purchase a product that couldn't have been on the download servers more than a half hour. THIS is my hobby, I LOVE it, and I'm ALL in!!! If it's something I have interest in, looks unique,or one of those harder to define "I GOTTA have THIS one!" feelings we ALL get when eyeballing a new gizmo for FS. I'll gladly fork over the cash for it...AFTER it's been around a bit, IF the overall word is good or at least not negative. I've NEVER gotten "buyer's regret" from PMDG, Well, Mom said never say that word. After Ops Center 1.5 something threw it's 1st puke troubles started for me, And things have degraded now to the point I have no Ops Center at all. To learn that there are a few of you with at least PARTIAL functionallity with OC is all at once a suprise, shock and mystery. I don't get the disparity between those that have limited, vs. those of us with none (to be entirely fair, I don't know that there are anymore besides myself with NO OC) As instructed, I've listed my gripes here, sent along what logs (IF ANY) are being produced at this point, and overall monitored the situation as best I can. But the last TWO emails I've sent to PMDG have gone unanswered. (and YES i've checked my spam filter, as well as added every publically available email address PMDG has to my "safe" list) Currently, I have a severe infection being caused by MASSIVE Kidney stones that my Dr. informs me are far too large to EVER pass on their own. Surgery is next. AFTER they can get and keep my temp below 104. So, out of the gate I'm an unhappy camper ATM, so to add the fact that I've plunked down over a hundred dollars for a completely un-useable product, and I am now having difficulty even having my emails acknowledged? I think it's VERY fair to say I'll remember this when the already MUCH discussed (speculated) 747 v2.0 is released...And for a long time after, as well.    May all your logbooks show the correct ratio of takeoffs to landings!

Robert

I've been in this hobby (and REAL aviation) since the Apple IIE Computer. I've seen SO many of the latest and greatest expansion pre-release hype and the downright overreacting, childish, impatient frenzy that some get themselves worked up into a lather over with these things from day 1 pretty much. The developers for the most part can tune most of it out and concentrate on the real task at hand, delivering on what they just promised you. They'll say that they don't feel the pressure, or in anyway compelled to rush a half complete, sub-standard product out the door to the teeming masses just to hear the cash register slam into overdrive and start throwing rods and blowing gaskets. They say. I've imagined myself in that position MANY times, and they'd all have to be some non-human, physically, emotionally, and indeed psycologically detatched lot in order to NOT feel the pressure. Certain devs are better at coping with the mass hysteria better than others, PMDG being a prime example. In many cases, wresting control once again and restoring some semblance of order. IMHO, I'd say PMDG is the Rolls Royce of the FS add-on community. A certain "Quality over quickness" approach, and "we'll release it on release day." attitude that angers, frustrates, indeed, infuriates some. But, at the end, we get to install on our computer a kind of "Electronic artistry" that VERY few developers in this industry would dare dream of creating. And they do it under CONSTANT barrage of at least "Best left for a later date" questions to inane, pointless, and overall impractical questions for a given state of development.

With the T7, PMDG got me to do something I would never for a second consider when purchasing from any other developer, and had never done with even them. I shelled out over 100 dollars (as did we all I know) to purchase a product that couldn't have been on the download servers more than a half hour. THIS is my hobby, I LOVE it, and I'm ALL in!!! If it's something I have interest in, looks unique,or one of those harder to define "I GOTTA have THIS one!" feelings we ALL get when eyeballing a new gizmo for FS. I'll gladly fork over the cash for it...AFTER it's been around a bit, IF the overall word is good or at least not negative. I've NEVER gotten "buyer's regret" from PMDG, Well, Mom said never say that word. After Ops Center 1.5 something threw it's 1st puke troubles started for me, And things have degraded now to the point I have no Ops Center at all. To learn that there are a few of you with at least PARTIAL functionallity with OC is all at once a suprise, shock and mystery. I don't get the disparity between those that have limited, vs. those of us with none (to be entirely fair, I don't know that there are anymore besides myself with NO OC) As instructed, I've listed my gripes here, sent along what logs (IF ANY) are being produced at this point, and overall monitored the situation as best I can. But the last TWO emails I've sent to PMDG have gone unanswered. (and YES i've checked my spam filter, as well as added every publically available email address PMDG has to my "safe" list) Currently, I have a severe infection being caused by MASSIVE Kidney stones that my Dr. informs me are far too large to EVER pass on their own. Surgery is next. AFTER they can get and keep my temp below 104. So, out of the gate I'm an unhappy camper ATM, so to add the fact that I've plunked down over a hundred dollars for a completely un-useable product, and I am now having difficulty even having my emails acknowledged? I think it's VERY fair to say I'll remember this when the already MUCH discussed (speculated) 747 v2.0 is released...And for a long time after, as well. May all your logbooks show the correct ratio of takeoffs to landings!

Robert

Just continue to be patient, because as distasteful as it may be to you to have a product you find unusable, and I sympathise with you I really do, you would also want PMDG to find the root cause and effect a proper solution all of which takes time. In the long run we'll have a product we can enjoy for years to come and this wait will be a distant memory.

All the best with your op.

Just continue to be patient, because as distasteful as it may be to you to have a product you find unusable, and I sympathise with you I really do, you would also want PMDG to find the root cause and effect a proper solution all of which takes time. In the long run we'll have a product we can enjoy for years to come and this wait will be a distant memory.

All the best with your op.

You know SuperG, you are 100% correct. I think I just temporarily flipped out. Being in the situation I'm in with regards to my health, gaining and holding perspective aren't the easiest of tasks for me right now. I thank you for your time and the nudge back to sensibility. Not to mention, it's a darn good time to "Re-spark an old flame" or two with some of the other lovely ladies in my fleet!

Lastly, thank you for the well wishes regarding my impending surgery. As of now, I'm still quite sick, and judged not stable enough to undergo the procedure yet, but it was kind of you to express your sentiment, and it is much appreciated! See ya 'round the ranch, and may your logbook always contain the proper ratio of takeoffs to landings!

Robert 

I have downloaded several liveries from Avsim onto my desktop. 

I started the OC. ( I have auto update so it is 1.6.1), to install these liveries but the OC can't find them. The ones downloaded with the OC show in the install box

Where do I have to put them so that it finds them?

Thanks

John

http://downloads.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpghttp://downloads.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Just double click on them. Either that or go to livery manager and click the + button.

Thanks Peter

I couldn't get the Livery Manager to find them, it only got the fictional ones from the livery downloader.

Anyhow....

Doh....... I never noticed that.  Great liveries.

Regards

John

http://downloads.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpghttp://downloads.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg