Sign in to follow this  
adi518

Sweetfx 1.5 is released

hmm...I'd love to try this, but so far, my fsx refuses to run on any version.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I will explain why this can happen.

Sometimes, when you close fsx abruptly, it will corrupt the sfx files. Re-installing sfx files fixes the problem in a jiffy. When that happens you get a CTD without any msg.

It's important then, to backup your sfx settings file every now and then, because when things go bad, that file is the number one suspect to go corrupt and then you will lose all of your settings (if you had any custom ones).

hmm, interesting. I will have to investigate that one. Would love to get this working.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

You will. I've yet to come across someone who couldn't get it to work, either dx9 or dx10. It works. :)

it will corrupt the sfx files

What are the sfx files and where are they located for me to back it up?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

It's an abbreviation: sweetfx = sfx. ;)

The only file you have to back up is the 'settings' files. All other files never get modified and can be reinstalled at any given time.

The previous version of SWFX (1.4) was working perfectly with FSX.

Installed 1.5 earlier this evening & now FSX won't even start - gets to the load screen then just drops back to the desktop.

Anybody having a similar experience?   :wacko:

^Thats exactly what happens to me with previous versions.

I decided to stay away from Sweet FX. I like to minimize my sim, and bring it down to a windowed mode....sweet fx always crashes my sim at that point.

The previous version of SWFX (1.4) was working perfectly with FSX.

Installed 1.5 earlier this evening & now FSX won't even start - gets to the load screen then just drops back to the desktop.

Anybody having a similar experience?   :wacko:

Yes one time this happened to me and it appeared that the file SweetFX_preset had wrong wording inside it.

make sure it reads  #include "SweetFX_settings.txt" 

This can be changed to any preset you want, but make sure to follow the same format. Not sure if this applies to your case!

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

I just tried it myself and it works without hassle. I copied over all the new files aside for the 'settings' file which is v1.4. 1.5 is said to be backward compatible down to sfx settings v1.0 so indeed it does work. I was testing in dx9.

I have never been able to get it to work.  I tried SFX twice I just get black screens.  Does it work with multiple screens (undocked windows) because I think that is the problem in my setup.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Just tried it myself (several times, reading and re-reading) and it simply refuses to let FSX get any further than loading. I just get a nice clean desktop!

Given up, back to Shade. :pardon:

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!