Sign in to follow this  
adi518

Sweetfx 1.5 is released

Can you open a window in the second monitor in FSX without  the FPS not dropping to the teens using this version?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

SFX can also crash if you have compatibility mode ON in your fsx shortcut.

Is this an update for ENB? Sorry if I am asking a stupid question!

I cannot start DX10 with my FSX, what can I do with my FSX files to let it start up with DX10?

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

ENB is an obsolete product that is somewhat similar to sweetfx. Sweetfx is more stable and still get updated from time to time.

Do you get an error msg? Is this with sfx installed? Need more details to help you out.

I have never been able to get it to work.  I tried SFX twice I just get black screens.  Does it work with multiple screens (undocked windows) because I think that is the problem in my setup.

Sorry for this double post.

I just read in another thread that SMAA applied via sfx can cause this. I didn't experience it myself when I went dx10 couple times but it's possible in certain setups that it is the culprit.

Btw, everyone should realize that if you have AA turned On in NVI, it has to be Off in NV control panel (i.e., fsx profile set to default!) and also Off in sfx. Otherwise you may stress your gpu unnecessarily and in some cases experience lower fps without figuring out why!

Btw, everyone should realize that if you have AA turned On in NVI

Please read my reply to you in another post. AA does not work in FSX if it is forced through NI when using DX10. AA in NI should be set to App controlled. You are probably confusing new users to DX10.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Yes, you're correct. You replied to the wrong thread, I think.

No, I replied here on purpose. You must remember that there are a lot of new users to DX10, and conflicting info can cause utter confusion. Then you end up with lots of people posting on here asking why AA does not work in FSX. If you see what I mean :)

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I just read in another thread that SMAA applied via sfx can cause this. I didn't experience it myself when I went dx10 couple times but it's possible in certain setups that it is the culprit.

Btw, everyone should realize that if you have AA turned On in NVI, it has to be Off in NV control panel (i.e., fsx profile set to default!) and also Off in sfx. Otherwise you may stress your gpu unnecessarily and in some cases experience lower fps without figuring out why!

OK thanks, I might give it another go.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

No, I replied here on purpose. You must remember that there are a lot of new users to DX10, and conflicting info can cause utter confusion. Then you end up with lots of people posting on here asking why AA does not work in FSX. If you see what I mean :)

Ok, good. :)

Hmm.. all mind that DX10 has a different AA setup. You should still not have AA applied where it needn't be.

ummm...AA turned off in NI, ok thats not happening.

Edit: ok your talking about dx10...i get it.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

For dx10 AA read the fixer manual. Paul and the guys must have written a full explanation there regarding NI settings.

Btw, you can export & import NI profiles so you can easily switch between dx9 settings and dx10. I mean, you don't have to go through the headache of re-configuring NI each time you want to switch.

Nope, not happening.

OK so I turned off SMAA and AA in sweetfx settings which ended up solving the issue of black screens and crash.  Only problem is now with undocked panels on the second screen is becomes a 2 FPS slideshow.  Plus it looks dark and terrible (even after trying other suggested profiles).  Anyway, its out, and I am happy continuing on with shade.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

There are two fundamental factors, or do not start FSX or is not no difference, the first is that we do not have updated the DX no matter that we have installed the W8 including, and the second problem may be due that this enabled the smooth in the Simulator settings panel. Another factor little common but no less important can be to have some of the poorly copied lines, that I I mean, that if one of the lines that form every tool box will not in its location that sfx does not work, why it is important to copy the whole file and just change the settings in each section the setting file

hay dos factores fundamentales para que, o no inicie el FSX o no se vea diferencia alguna, en el primero es que no tengamos actualizado el DX sin importar que tengamos instalado el W8 inclusive, y el segundo inconveniente se puede deber a que este activado el suavisado en el panel de configuraciones del simulador. Otro factor poco comun pero no menos importante puede llegar a ser que el archivo setting tenga algunas de las lineas mal copiadas, a que me refiero, que si una de las lineas que forman el recuadro de cada herramienta no esta en su ubicación provoca que sfx no funcione, por eso es importante copiar el archivo entero y solo modificar los valores de cada sección

Shade is not the same thing as sfx or enb, it has a totally different purpose.

I hope someone find a solution for that other problem you're having. :)

@Padola.. sorry, but it's bit hard to make sense of your post.