Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Hey '5'...where are ya?

WOW!! This is all news to me,I vaguely remember the incident ,I believe I was trying to get the 64bit version of the Baron,[Carenado does not put version #'s on their new links] I purchased the product legally through Carenado.

I'm very,very sorry this happened to her for trying to help me.My humblest apologies 

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Well, Q_flyer, it's probably not as easy as you think it is, or I think it is.

My idea is that someone owned an aircraft model, and was entitled to download the update for the 64 bit version, but!, wasn't managing to get it ( maybe because it was not directly bought from the original producer ? I really don't know... ), so, what I believe Five provided was a link to the 64 bit-ready version that the person would eventually have access to.

This is of course a violation of the EULA for that product, but, at the same time, I can't consider it piracy!

About her return, with a new ID, if that really is the case, what I think, specially given that Five was a respected member of our community, and someone whose posts and overall contribution, not only at the X-Plane forums, is certainly recognized by most of us, is that maybe we should instead ask AVSIM to allow Five back - as Five!  I think she deserves it, and we miss her posts!

Of course I understand AVSIM's very delicate position in a case like this one, but provided Five recognizes her unthought decision to give the link to the other member, I believe it would be possible for the staff to revoke the ban.

In the end, we will all profit from such a wise decision!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I sincerely hope Avsim will allow her back,I know she didn't mean any harm.

Patrick

Phantom, thank you for your honesty and true demonstration of support to Five! 

;-)

Let's all hope the problem get's solved the best way, and, you shouldn't really fill anyway guilty, just as I think Five shouldn't !!!

And.... we all have IMO to also understand AVSIM's delicate and complex position / decision!

It was simply a very unfortunate incident.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I found it a bit ironic when she opened an .org account, explained her banning from here on her profile page, and then immediately got banned from there too...

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I purchased the product legally through Carenado.

I'm glad you cleared things up, some people were starting to speculate on the details....lol

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I'm glad you cleared things up, some people were starting to speculate on the details....lol

Yeah,I can imagine,I assure you I'm not a Pirate[Not even on "Talk like a Pirate Day" :P ] My CC Bills and Wife will confirm that.

Patrick

My CC Bills and Wife will confirm that.

lol...

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Agree.

And as I understand it, it wasn't just a link to buy it, it was a link to an illegal source to download it.    That can never be justified.   I am sure if someone shared a pirated link to a PMDG product we would all be rightly outraged;  why would it be different for a payware XP10 product?  .......... maybe she was not as naive as you all think.

Also blatently discussing the fact that a banned member is 'back using an other ID' is a bit naive;  I know the AVSIM Staff can search by IPs so her 'new' ID may well now be discovered and banned also, as a result of those of you choosing to discuss that in public.           - rightly or wrongly.

Just an opinion.

it was her download link from her email...not a pirate site.

I found it a bit ironic when she opened an .org account, explained her banning from here on her profile page, and then immediately got banned from there too...

she's still at the .org and here under different login names.

Agree.

And as I understand it, it wasn't just a link to buy it, it was a link to an illegal source to download it.    That can never be justified.   I am sure if someone shared a pirated link to a PMDG product we would all be rightly outraged;  why would it be different for a payware XP10 product?  .......... maybe she was not as naive as you all think.

Also blatently discussing the fact that a banned member is 'back using an other ID' is a bit naive;  I know the AVSIM Staff can search by IPs so her 'new' ID may well now be discovered and banned also, as a result of those of you choosing to discuss that in public.           - rightly or wrongly.

Just an opinion.

many people use this, impossible to ban these people:

http://hidemyass.com/  over 50 000 ip's in over 62 countries.

it was her download link from her email...not a pirate site.

You sound as if you know all the facts.

she's still at the .org and here under different login names.

So, you are "aiding and abetting"?

You sound as if you know all the facts.

Perhaps some facts should be known then, and Tom, could you please?

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Perhaps some facts should be known then, and Tom, could you please?

Could I "please" what?

Could I "please" what?

Could you please provide the facts about why member FIVE by FIVE is banned.  Thanks 

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Could you please provide the facts about why member FIVE by FIVE is banned.  Thanks 

She, he, it, and her, his, it's five or more personas broke our rules, in multiple ways. Multiple times. End of story.

And now this thread is closed.