Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FL630

ME IFR Training in FSX

Hello,

In the next month or two I'm going to be starting my multi-IFR, and thought it might be a good idea to dig out FSX and start practising, whilst it's not perfect I can lay down some basics before I start.

I'm looking for the "ideal" IR trainer to practice procedural IFR manually. In the real world I'll be using a Diamond DA42 with a G1000 for this. I understand there are Diamond DA42 aircraft for FSX, but I'm not particularly bothered if it is the exact aircraft I will be flying, it's more the realism of the "type". For this reason I'm not looking to use the PMDG B737NG which I have installed or any other jet, but a MEP or something similar to the DA42. Flight realism and accurate instruments are key.

If I have to pay, sure, if it's free, even better! Perhaps the standard FSX aircraft will do me fine?

Looking forward to your input.

Regards

FL630

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks TXHills, I'll get the DA42. I was looking at this before but your confirmation and the linked review means I'll press buy.

I tried the Baron, but the DA42 is just better looking  :P

Actually, on the topic of DA42, do you have experience if the Eaglesoft or Iris one is the better?

Regards

FL630

Actually, on the topic of DA42, do you have experience if the Eaglesoft or Iris one is the better?

Regards

FL630

Sorry - can't help you here.  Maybe some others can give you their experiences with each - or you might be able to glean something from reviews of each - wherever Google takes you!