Sign in to follow this  
JoTayhen

RealAir Lancair & RxP 530 Question

Hey fellas - I just purchased and installed the RxP 530 in my Lancair using RealAir's config pgm.  All went well until I tried to click on the lower right small knob to select the cursor.  No go.  

When I mouse-click on that knob all I can get it to do is turn.  I've made sure I'm far enough back to see the tip of the knob so I believe my view point is not too close.  

I've tried to activate the cursor with the unit on the cockpit panel and also bringing up the pop-up window, neither works.

I've gone into the RealAir Lancair config panel and changed the mouse-click method - left/right click or click-and-drag  

I know this gauge has been successfully integrated into this Lancair many times and so I hope I can get some help from someone more knowledgeable than I am.  Maybe someone has run into this issue and resolved it?  Thanks!

BTW - I also am having an issue trying to use the Reality gauge configuration pgm.  Specifically, when I click on some of the aircraft entries in the config pgm to attempt to install the RxP 530, I receive an error message saying, "The application failed to load the [Window00] bitmap."  This doesn't happen with all of my installed aircraft. just some of them.  Any suggestions and/or guidance?  Again, thanks!

John

EDIT:  Thought I better give you some addn info.  Here's what I'm running:

Windows7 64 bit

3 monitors, Nvidia surround (5760X1080) - I tried moving FSX to one monitor (1920X1080) but that didn't work either.

TrackIR5 through OpusFSX

Did you mouse wheel button click !?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

With the RXP you don't click the knob for the cursor, there is a clickspot just to the left of the right knob (crsr), and just to the right of the left knob (c/v). The clickspots are all illustrated in the RXP GNS manual.

I also get the bitmap loading error in the config program, but it doesn't seem to cause any problems. My guess is it's looking for a panel bitmap, but on planes that are VC only it doesn't find one.

Barry Friedman

Just to emphasize.. to "push" the RXP round inner knobs, you should use a mouse wheel push  (or click the little clickspot off to the side as mentioned above).

Bert

Thank you all very much!  I really appreciate the quick responses and guidance. The mouse-wheel click doesn't work for me but moving the cursor off to the left and right does work.  

Hey Barry, Thanks for the insight.  I tried to install the RxP 530 into the Carenado Cessna 210T after reading your response above.  Unfortunately, I was unsuccessful.  Here's what I did:

After calling up the Reality Config pgm and selecting the "Carenado Cessna 210T" line, I receive the "Failed to load [Window00] bitmap" error.

I clicked through the error msg and then clicked on the "configure" button.

I loaded the aircraft and found the original 530 still in the a/c cockpit panel so I opened the applicable panel.cgf file and discovered the Reality configuration pgm had placed an entry at the very bottom of the panel.cfg file under a new title of "[window 04]".

In an attempt to insert the new RxP 530, I then moved that entry to various other locations within the panel.cfg file with no success.

I have removed the panel.cfg file that the Reality Config pgm created and replaced it with the original panel.cfg file.

I suspect there is a simple answer here and I'm sorry to be bothering y'all with my ignorance.  Once someone can help me to understand this process, I should be able to place this gauge in most of my other aircraft.  I really do appreciate your patience with me!

Thanks!

John

Hi John,

Thank you all very much!  I really appreciate the quick responses and guidance. The mouse-wheel click doesn't work for me but moving the cursor off to the left and right does work.  

Hey Barry, Thanks for the insight.  I tried to install the RxP 530 into the Carenado Cessna 210T after reading your response above.  Unfortunately, I was unsuccessful.  Here's what I did:

After calling up the Reality Config pgm and selecting the "Carenado Cessna 210T" line, I receive the "Failed to load [Window00] bitmap" error.

I loaded the aircraft and found the original 530 still in the a/c cockpit panel so I opened the applicable panel.cgf file and discovered the Reality configuration pgm had placed an entry at the very bottom of the panel.cfg file under a new title of "[window 04]".

In an attempt to insert the new RxP 530, I then moved that entry to various other locations within the panel.cfg file with no success.

I have removed the panel.cfg file that the Reality Config pgm created and replaced it with the original panel.cfg file.

I suspect there is a simple answer here and I'm sorry to be bothering y'all with my ignorance.  Once someone can help me to understand this process, I should be able to place this gauge in most of my other aircraft.  I really do appreciate your patience with me!

Thanks!

John

I get that error too, occasionally. What the RXP utility does is to insert  the RXP530 as a "pop-up", I think in your case shift-4 will bring it up. The original 530 will show on the VC unless you manually edit the panel.cfg to put the RXP there. Depending on the aircraft in question inserting the RXP into the VC may not be possible. Check out the RXP forums, more info available there. Bert Pieke would be the man to talk to.

Best Regards,

Philip M Wafer

EIWT

Thank you all very much! I really appreciate the quick responses and guidance. The mouse-wheel click doesn't work for me but moving the cursor off to the left and right does work.

Hey Barry, Thanks for the insight. I tried to install the RxP 530 into the Carenado Cessna 210T after reading your response above. Unfortunately, I was unsuccessful. Here's what I did:

I suspect there is a simple answer here and I'm sorry to be bothering y'all with my ignorance. Once someone can help me to understand this process, I should be able to place this gauge in most of my other aircraft. I really do appreciate your patience with me!

Thanks!

John

The careado 210 has it's own rxp install program. It's in the fsx/carenado folder if I remember correctly....

Each of the Carenado planes is different - just to confuse all of us...

I'd suggest first going to the Carenado support forum here on Avsim and read

through the aircraft specific forum.

Each time a new plane is released, the users struggle through the integration process

and document the findings there.

The C210 has a series of little exe apps in the aircraft folder that allow you to select

the mix of RXP and Carenado gauges.  Try that and report back!

Bert

Thanks again, fellas!  I'll go over to the respective forums and do my due diligence.  In the meantime, let me tell y'all once again how much I appreciate your patience and your guidance.

I will certainly report back, Bert.  Your guidance is valuable to all of us here!  Thank you!

Hey fellas,  I'm reporting back.

If you navigate to the "SimObjects/Aircraft/Carenado Centurion T210" folder you will find a sub-folder entitled, "Realty XP Integration".  Opening that file, you will find four files designed to both install and un-install the Realty gauges. Unfortunately there is not a file that installs the RxP 530 alone.  I used the next best thing, the file that will install both the RxP 530 & 430.  As a result, my VC cockpit, at the moment, shows a newly installed RxP 530 in place of the Carenado 530 and an overlay that represents the un-installed ( I did not purchase the RxP 430) RxP 430.  I will work around that but I did want y'all to know that these files exist in the above location.

Thanks again for your help!

John

Have you tried the RXP530-CAR430.exe?

It is in the C210 aircraft folder on my system... not sure

if there is a Carenado upgrade patch for this aircraft.. check your file dates against mine..

And here is the Readme:

Reality XP Integration
These set of installers allow you to modify the configuration of the GNS530 and GNS430 of this aircraft.
You can have any combination you want depending on what you have already installed in your PC.
Combinations:
GNS530        GNS430
Carenado        Carenado    (Default configuarion)
Reality XP        Carenado
Carenado        Reality XP
Reality XP        Reality XP

Give the FSX path for installing any of them. Typically at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X
Please read the "Operation Tips and Reality XP Integration" document included in the package (FSX/Carenado/CT210M Centurion II)

support@carenado.com
Copyright ©2011 Carenado. All right reserved

Bert

Thanks, Bert.  The problem I was running into was a typographical error on the initial install page of the RxP integration pgms found in the location you describe above.  In fact, the four pgms present there allow the user to install/re-install the original Carenado gauges and either or both the Realty RxP gauges.  The user should go by the title of each pgm which appears in bold print when you open each pgm, not the accompanying description of what the pgm does.  On my system the pgm that permits the user to install the Realty 530 and the Carenado 430 as a stack in the C210T states it will install the "Realty 430" instead of the "Realty 530".  That confused me.  I finally resolved the issue by simply trying the pgms one at a time and going back and looking at the newly configured cockpit.

Thanks very much, Bert.  Your support and assistance has been invaluable - to say nothing of your patience! 

John