Sign in to follow this  

GoFlight modules and 3rd party Aircraft?

I posted this same question over in Pete's forum (FSUIPC) ... I need someone to point me in a direction to help me discover more about getting my GoFlight modules to work with 3rd party aircraft (I've been avoiding this, but the time has come).

I've heard mentions of using FSUIPC and Lua scripts, GFConfig project magenta, etc. etc. -- What I want to accomplish is to make my GoFlight modules work with various 3rd party Aircraft ... again, clueless so any help (links, point me in a direction) is appreciated in how to get my GoFlight modules to work.

I'm a software engineer, so learning Lua or whatever it is I need isn't a problem for me ... I'll make it happen.

Thanks, Rob.

I would start by looking at their tech hanger.

Yeah, I have a post out in the forum also.  There was at one time a GoFlight Interface module but the author seems to have disappeared and I can't find much info on it.

I'll check the LINDA forum and see what I can find.

Thanks, Rob.

FSUIPC registered is a must. The rest depends on the AC and the modules you own.

Fsuipc is all you need, either with simple Fsuipc button programming or the genius of Fsuipc's mouse macros.

Steovo's Goflight interface tool is another avenue to explore, http://www.pollypot-software.org.uk/goflight-interface-tool.html.

Some info that I wrote a while ago in the Eaglesoft forum regarding mouse macros

http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=199

Fsuipc is all you need, either with simple Fsuipc button programming

Excellent, is this documented in the FSUIPC manual?

EDIT: found it, in Advanced Users.pdf

FSUIPC registered is a must. The rest depends on the AC and the modules you own.

I have registered version of FSUIPC 4.92 and WideFS. 

Modules are:

GF-MPC Advanced

GF-T8

RP48

GF166A  x2

GF-P8

GF-ATC

GF-P8 v2

Aircraft ... (some, not all):

PMDG 777

PMDG 737NGX

RealAir Duke/Turbine (these work 90% as is only minor changes needed)

TriStar L1011 (again 80% working as is only minor changes needed)

BAE 146 (10% working as is)

Q-400 (about 80% working, only minor changes)

A2A C-172 (not much working at all, may have uninstall, too many issues with it)

Super 80 Professional (only 10% working as is)

Skylane 182T (only 10% working)

PA38 (100% working)

PMDG 737NGX, the Goflight interface tool from pollypot software will get this one working 100%, that was what it was originally written for.

BAE 146 (QW) I got this one working 100% using Fsuipc mouse macros.

Super 80 Professional, never got this one fully working.

BAE 146 (QW) I got this one working 100% using Fsuipc mouse macros.

Thanks, looks like I'll have another Busy weekend trying out FSUIPC macros ... lots of reading to do.  On the GFConfig side, do I need to set the "Aircraft/System" option to "Project Magenta"?

Thanks, looks like I'll have another Busy weekend trying out FSUIPC macros ... lots of reading to do.  On the GFConfig side, do I need to set the "Aircraft/System" option to "Project Magenta"?

For the QW BAE146 set GFConfig to FSdefault, that way a lot of functions will already work (Transponder, Radios ect)

Just see what already works as default then use Fsuipc button programming and Mouse macros for the rest.