Sign in to follow this  
flyingjafo

DX10 Fixer is back online for sale

I just bought it at flightsimstore.com  . I know some guys were looking for it over the weekend...the wait is over :smile:

Just got it. Everything's working perfect. 

Thanks for the heads up.

Please before reading this - do not take it as me being negative, I just want some information:

What exactly would I be gaining by purchasing the £20 DX10 fixer that I don't get from the free fixes hosted on avsim. Looking through the features of the fixer on the sale page it looks like most issues have already been sorted by the free fix so I'm at a loss as to why I need to buy it... If there is a good reason please let me know, I have no problem supporting a positive contributor to the FSX world, I just don't like to give my money unless I genuinely need it.

Many thanks,

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Please before reading this - do not take it as me being negative, I just want some information:

What exactly would I be gaining by purchasing the £20 DX10 fixer that I don't get from the free fixes hosted on avsim. Looking through the features of the fixer on the sale page it looks like most issues have already been sorted by the free fix so I'm at a loss as to why I need to buy it... If there is a good reason please let me know, I have no problem supporting a positive contributor to the FSX world, I just don't like to give my money unless I genuinely need it.

Many thanks,

I have had this for only one day and it has already made my sim so much better ! The user interface alows you to do some tweaking here and there to get DX10 tailored to work best on your own computer. The manual does a good job of helping you through the parameters of all the settings. I love the ability to switch from DX10 and DX9 on the fly. For me this has been worth every penney and My FSX is a totally new sim ! I was skeptical to buy this, but after reading alot of forum postings here and learning a little bit from reading the manual... I will never go back to DX9. Many thanks to Steve and the Avsim community for giving me a brand new sim. :Applause:

Jeff - are the settings that come from the fixer all completely new, or is it a program to automate the settings changes that can be manually done within FSX.cfg and with the free avsim shader patches?

James W

It does "automate the settings changes that can be manually done within FSX.cfg and with the free avsim shader patches"

There are extra features that you cannot achieve with the free files, not least that Fs9 aircraft and/or AI get their textures back and their lights and smoke effects now work properly.

Only you can decide between the possession of £20 or this excellent utility.

Regards,

Nick

Hi Nick - thanks - that clarifies it for me. I think on this occasion it's not for me, I'm quite happy configuring manually - but I'll keep a eye on the features and see what is coming.

James W

Hi Nick - thanks - that clarifies it for me. I think on this occasion it's not for me, I'm quite happy configuring manually - but I'll keep a eye on the features and see what is coming.

Not true. The biggest portion of the fix is by the shader, not fsx.cfg tweak. If you can decode the shader and rewrite it in a DX10 friendly, there you go. Otherwise, DX10 fixer is your only choice.

Zicheng Cai

Has the DX10 Fixer been updated, or is the content the same as before? I have downloaded the "1st version" one week ago, and I wonder if there is an update available. Up to now no spec. info received from flightsimstore.com.

Wulf

The features that are exclusive of the Fixer, i.e. what you are really paying for:

1. Fixes, i.e. actually repairs, (most) DX10 problems with 3PD addons.

2. Enabling the use of NI specified AF in DX10, such that the default FSX AF can be overriden; using 16x AF is a signicant image quality improvement IMO

3. Enabling VC shadows for 3PD aircraft, if possible; almost all my purchased AC now have VC shadows.

4. Improved shaders over the free version, including a cloud shader that disables AA in clouds (a huge performance boost, though useless if using Transparency SSAA).

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

Not true. The biggest portion of the fix is by the shader, not fsx.cfg tweak. If you can decode the shader and rewrite it in a DX10 friendly, there you go. Otherwise, DX10 fixer is your only choice.

Reading beyond the first two lines of my post will reveal that this is, in fact, what I said. :smile:

Regards,

Nick.

Has the DX10 Fixer been updated, or is the content the same as before? I have downloaded the "1st version" one week ago, and I wonder if there is an update available. Up to now no spec. info received from flightsimstore.com.

Wulf

The newest version is Build 18. The first version went RTM was Build 15.

Zicheng Cai

Well I decided to buy it last night - decided that £20 wasn't much to support someone who's put in as much hard work as Steve has, so decided it was a kind of thankyou for all his hard work.

I'm actually quite happy with it, I've been able to re-enable FTX-G's lights and I'm no longer seeing black squares everywhere. Also I've noticed that since installing the fixer, my system seems to be less.... taxed... my gfx card didn't even really warm up much during the test flights I did yesterday, and the performance is lovely and buttery smooth. I'm getting a constant 25 locked FPS everywhere I fly - couldn't be happier!

James W

Anyone using WOAI traffic with DX10 fixer?

I installed this to work with OMDB.

I get white aircraft with DX10 preview set.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Jude,

"Anyone using WOAI traffic with DX10 fixer?" Yes, and a spotcheck has not shown

white WOAI AC by day&night using the DX10 fixer (legacy option balanced) for the most used AC. I think it depends on the chosen AC, as different developers have designed the WOAI AC.

A new WOAI set has been recently released from Southwest Airlines for FSX only(!) . AC day&night looks fine, I recommend to give it a try.

Wulf